HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Sky Is Officially Falling

Old
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
KapG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
I feel the same way, it just looks awkward, like a neck protector or something.
do you think they are an improvement over our old jerseys?

KapG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
No, but those one's weren't very good either, looked like practice jerseys.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:49 PM
pspot

I liked the jerseys from the scrimmage games
with the white down the arm pit/inside

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:50 PM

I like the new jerseys. One issue that could be brought up for those with poorer eye sight the names on the jerseys are much smaller than before. My friend was asking me every 5 seconds who everyone was because he couldn't read the names. I mean its not really a big deal but if you are in the upper bowl and have less than normal eye sight I can see it being hard to read. A nitpicky thing but I am just sayin'....

91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:51 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 10-5

Quote:
I feel the same way, it just looks awkward, like a neck protector or something.
Thought the same, almost like a collar. Never really cared about the Jersey but when I saw them yesterday I immediately thought they looked odd.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:51 PM
KapG

Quote:
No, but those one's weren't very good either, looked like practice jerseys.
fair 'nuff.

I'd still take these ones over the jerseys we have worn the last few seasons :p.

Old
09-22-2010, 01:56 PM
bionic

I love everything about the Jerseys (including the white collar) They are simply the best jerseys we've had since the early 90's version.

as for the game we really needed more people driving the net. hopefully that changes tonight with caputi and kulimin in the lineup.

bionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Same applies to any player that is continuously trolled in game day threads.

Trolling is trolling, whether you are a fan or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
I'm with you man. Kaberle hasen't had a season that actually "looked good on ice" since 2004, the last time we were in the playoffs. He's been mediocre ever since. I honestly believe that Burkie is going to work on something all year long and finally deal him at the deadline ala jason blake/vessa toskala... Especially if he keeps up this lackluster performance.

Kaberle just seems overwhelmingly trepidness on the ice. I'm not going to lie either and try to be optomistic about Kabs. As Leaf fans we have a right to address concerns we have...and Kabs has been a concern since 2005 (lockout) going forward.

This isin't anything new FYI.
Quote:
considering how much bs gets posted around here ULF, I think you have bigger concerns than banning someone from a thread who said its going to be a long year watching kabs play.

I mean, its not like the guy plays with any passion or anything anymore. He seems like he just doesn't give a ****.

What do you want me to say? How he looked terrible on every power play he was on last night? That he doesn't look at all interested out on the ice? That he won't go into the corners to gain possession?

Give me a break. Besides, who said I would be talking about Kaberle after EVERY game? I doubt he plays as poorly as he did last night all season. If he DOES though, he deserves to be criticized after every performance.
The post is not restricted to anyone, but applies to everyone.

Certainly every player has stinkers, but anyone who suggests every game Kaberle plays is a stinker is trolling.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
The CyNick
Follow @ TheCyNick

LOL

Okay so now that Toskala is gone, and we played so amazing without him, and we have Armstorng, Versteeg, and Brown, we're in the playoffs no problem.

Curious to see the excuses in December.

The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Collegedude84*

I know it's only one preseason game, but for the love of god Wilson needs to smarten up BIG time. Lets look at his mistakes so far this preseason

1. Not using camp to work on special teams: Our special teams were both dead last in the 09/10 season, and if we expect to make the playoffs, both areas need to be upgraded majorly. This should have been one of the first things he nailed home in camp.

2. The powerplay last night: He kept putting Kaberle/Phaneuf out together on the point, major mistake on his part. Teams know that Kaberle is a passer, and Phaneuf is a shooter, so they're going to pressure Kabs to make a bad bass, and Phaneuf to take an early shot. Its too predictable. If Wilson were smart (which he's not), he'd put 2 shooters out on the point on the PP (could have used a phaneuf/gunnarsson combo last night for example)

3. Lebda/Kaberle pairing last night: He put 2 offensive defencmen together who are softer then diaherra in their own end and have little to not concept of how to play defence. This resulted in a lot of turnovers last night. Again if wilson were smart he'd put kaberle out with an defensive defencmen who can cover up his mistakes.

4. Calling out vets in the preseason, yet he fails to take responsibility for his own actions.

Collegedude84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Same applies to any player that is continuously trolled in game day threads.

Trolling is trolling, whether you are a fan or not.

The post is not restricted to anyone, but applies to everyone.

Certainly every player has stinkers, but anyone who suggests every game Kaberle plays is a stinker is trolling.
Im only going to bash Kabs when he deserves it boss . He deserved it last night IMO.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:05 PM
javier

I would recommend that some of you don't watch tonight, all this overreaction for a nothing pre-season game is getting silly. Puttin' the anal in analysis! I do like comments on the uniforms though.

javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
The CyNick
Follow @ TheCyNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Craig View Post
It is hard to play when you have no confidence in the guy responsible for keeping the puck out of the net, especially when a shot from anywhere in the GTA might beat him. The team relaxed and performance improved once Giguere arrived.
Guys like you are hilarious

He played only 25 games! If Gusty had a great record, but Vesa was losing every game, then you're logic makes sense, but thats not what happened. Vesa sucked, Macdonald sucked, and so did Gusty.

Look up Vesa's numbers in Calgary, he played much better. Im not saying Vesa is a superstar goalie or anything, but its funny how people dont remember the Leafs play in their own zone was TERRIBLE last year.

We have the same over paid and under producing D corp we had last year. But somehow people think this year will be different.

The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:12 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Im only going to bash Kabs when he deserves it boss . He deserved it last night IMO.
That's exactly the approach I'd take about a player.

They are supposed to be the players we support, afterall they are on the team we are supposed to support here.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Drmckool
Truculence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
Guys like you are hilarious

He played only 25 games! If Gusty had a great record, but Vesa was losing every game, then you're logic makes sense, but thats not what happened. Vesa sucked, Macdonald sucked, and so did Gusty.

Look up Vesa's numbers in Calgary, he played much better. Im not saying Vesa is a superstar goalie or anything, but its funny how people dont remember the Leafs play in their own zone was TERRIBLE last year.

We have the same over paid and under producing D corp we had last year. But somehow people think this year will be different.
because it will be different, Burke told us so!

Drmckool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Collegedude84*

[QUOTE=The CyNick;27886494]Guys like you are hilarious

Are you for real that the monster sucks? 16-15-9, 2.87GAA, .905%. Those are pretty decent numbers for a rookie espically one playing on a **** team.

Yes, Vesa put up good numbers in Calgary. It doesnt prove that hes a good goalie though, it just proves he's a lot more comfortable playing the backup. He can't handle the pressure of being a #1 guy, and he sure as heck couldnt hack it in Toronto.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Platapie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
evidence, hmmm let me see. when he took a slap shot on the pp he didn't put as much power onto it because it's only the preseason. He missed the net instead of trying to score because, well it's only preseason. And I'm not sure what you were watching but Phaneuf went for the puck and got beat. check it again, matter of fact post the highlight for all to see.

this is the guy first on the ice apparently, taking his captaincy very seriously and you want to convince people in here that he mailed it in in front of 18,000 because he's a veteran of a whopping 5 years. lol

he had a bad game, it's only a preseason game, he needs to be better and I expect he will be better. a lot better. that's what happened.
I don't think you understand the term evidence. You certainly don't understand the term good argument.

As for getting beat-- we've already established that. It was, however, a half hearted effort.

Platapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
That's exactly the approach I'd take about a player.

They are supposed to be the players we support, afterall they are on the team we are supposed to support here.
Ulf I can admit I'm a little jaded when it comes to Kaberle because I've been watching him since his first game as a Leaf...and I ride him a little bit harder then say Lebda or Lashoff because of his tenure, experience, and how "skilled" he's deemed to be. I feel that he's very overrated, and when he displays that, I feel , my right as a Leaf fan is to state how I'm feeling. It's also ok for other Leaf fans to disagree, or debate.

However - if an Ottawa fan was saying what I was saying I'd be screaming bloody murder at him and defending our boys. The banter on here is internal. I'm displeased with Kabs. end of story.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:19 PM
paulster2626

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurkiesDogHouse View Post
I like the new jerseys. One issue that could be brought up for those with poorer eye sight the names on the jerseys are much smaller than before. My friend was asking me every 5 seconds who everyone was because he couldn't read the names. I mean its not really a big deal but if you are in the upper bowl and have less than normal eye sight I can see it being hard to read. A nitpicky thing but I am just sayin'....
The $1 preseason lineup card I bought on my way inside was one of the best dollars I've ever spent.

paulster2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Platapie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Correct, he had Foligno lined up and didn't hit him and let him go by. 100% that doesn't happen in a real game.
Agreed entirely. It's odd though because we saw him drill someone last pre-season (Islanders rookie) so he's not opposed to rocking people at this point.

Platapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Federko

Quote:
I love the new jerseys. They will eventually grow on everyone. A bit of 1967 in there. I like when they go a little retro vs. the newish type of jerseys like the preds, or stars, or oilers - ewww!

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Collegedude84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapie View Post
Agreed entirely. It's odd though because we saw him drill someone last pre-season (Islanders rookie) so he's not opposed to rocking people at this point.
You could totally tell Phaneuf was half assing it on the play (and thats being generous). He had Foligno lined up, he either could have rocked him, or just pushed him off the puck, he did neither of those things and allowed him to skate by. Then when Phaneuf was out of position instead of running back to get back into position, he WALKS back to the goal, making little to no effort to stop Folgino from scoring.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Drmckool
Truculence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
I love the new jerseys. They will eventually grow on everyone. A bit of 1967 in there. I like when they go a little retro vs. the newish type of jerseys like the preds, or stars, or oilers - ewww!
the oilers have partially seen the light with their home jersey, it's like a bad version of their 80's jersey but still not bad at all.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:31 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Kaberle and his Double Chin

Can you be a Physically Fit Pro Athlete and still have a Double Chin like our Tomas. Wilson commented on his Conditioning last year, do you think that's a factor in his poor play in the second half of the season for the last several years?

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Drmckool
Truculence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Can you be a Physically Fit Pro Athlete and still have a Double Chin like our Tomas. Wilson commented on his Conditioning last year, do you think that's a factor in his poor play in the second half of the season for the last several years?
Maybe he just has no chin, or very little of one to speak of