HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robin Lehner loses shut-out puck

Old
09-22-2010, 08:16 AM
biffs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PablitoArg View Post
I'm in love with the guy already... i'd offer him my girlfriend who's missing one leg, to ******* Every night. She can't run away, which makes it a good thing !!
I'd like to hear more about your arrangement with your 'g/f'

biffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:44 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorDre View Post
Just stop, you're making a fool of yourself.
really? i am making a fool of myself, and you are the one who is a "registered gangsta"? really? compton called. they want their "you" back. gangsta in the glebe.

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:28 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Yeah I really don't think that it's an issue. I always thought that the first official milestone is when the statistic is recorded, and in pre-season it's not. It would be one thing if Lehner was pissed off, but I think he'd rather wait until he earns it in the regular season which could even end up being this season.

Versteeg does come across as a pompus ****** now, and he never did in Chicago. Just something about playing for the Leafs I guess.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:28 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7hm View Post
It looked like he was just tossing it into the crowd for a fan. It's preseason, whatever.

The Lee face push was dirty.
This is the exact thought that I had when I saw it. I think it was more like, "We didn't score a goal, so here kid, at least have a puck." It didn't look malicious or anything.

The Lee hit was just stupid. He could have been injured. But, WTF was Lee doing? You have to protect yourself. Don't stop fighting until the linesman pulls you off or you're going to get tagged. He needs to protect himself better.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Asharx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coraline View Post
Also, the guy just went from the Stanley Cup champs to the LEAFS. Let's cut him some slack.
I would be pissed if I went form the Hawks to the Leafs.... To me that is punishment enough. Good call.

Asharx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:08 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
really? i am making a fool of myself, and you are the one who is a "registered gangsta"? really? compton called. they want their "you" back. gangsta in the glebe.
Wow, I get the feeling your a really cool, easy going, don't sweat the small stuff kinda guy.

Buddy, give it a rest, its done. It could be pointed out that it was Coca Cola fans first game.(free tickets to people who cant afford) Ever think that maybe he was giving a souvenir to a fan who wouldn't otherwise get one? Ever think that it was his first game with a new team and it was him trying to endear himself to his new fans, without a thought that this puck could be a keepsake?

It was said before, this was not a malicious act. I can guarantee he shot the puck without a thought of Lehner.

You can whine about Hansons late punch, but this puck is really a non issue.....and if Lehner is as driven as they claim he is, I`m quite sure he is looking to his first real shutout......a preseason 0 against a split squad of the 2nd worst team, not really a huge milestone.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Wow, I get the feeling your a really cool, easy going, don't sweat the small stuff kinda guy.

Buddy, give it a rest, its done. It could be pointed out that it was Coca Cola fans first game.(free tickets to people who cant afford) Ever think that maybe he was giving a souvenir to a fan who wouldn't otherwise get one? Ever think that it was his first game with a new team and it was him trying to endear himself to his new fans, without a thought that this puck could be a keepsake?

It was said before, this was not a malicious act. I can guarantee he shot the puck without a thought of Lehner.

You can whine about Hansons late punch, but this puck is really a non issue.....and if Lehner is as driven as they claim he is, I`m quite sure he is looking to his first real shutout......a preseason 0 against a split squad of the 2nd worst team, not really a huge milestone.
.....whine about the late punch?
sorry leaf fan but i think you are on the wrong message board.

Old
09-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Hale The Villain

Not a big deal at all but Versteeg is a punk. It wouldn't suprise me at all to find he meant to do it.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:24 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
.....whine about the late punch?
sorry leaf fan but i think you are on the wrong message board.
I think your in the wrong sport. You sound genuinely upset over this.....

Old
09-22-2010, 11:30 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
I think your in the wrong sport. You sound genuinely upset over this.....
your team might be in the wrong sport. or at least it looked like it last night?? maybe troll somewhere else like the flames board and ask them if they are done with vesa?

Old
09-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Zorf

Quote:
your team might be in the wrong sport. or at least it looked like it last night?? maybe troll somewhere else like the flames board and ask them if they are done with vesa?
He's not trolling at all. He's actually making good points. You're the only one who is acting like an idiot. Shut up already.

And yes, this is coming from a Sens fan.

If you want, I can send you a pacifier. I doubt my 3 week old son will notice that one is missing.

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 11:46 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Quote me on any troll posts I`ve made in this thread. There is none.

Your the only one who thinks this is an issue. Other Sens fans are even telling you your being ridiculous.

Yes, the Leafs suck, and Toskala sucks, we all know this.....But hey, keep saying it, it`ll probably make you feel better about your life.

Old
09-22-2010, 11:55 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harf View Post
He's not trolling at all. He's actually making good points. You're the only one who is acting like an idiot. Shut up already.

And yes, this is coming from a Sens fan.

If you want, I can send you a pacifier. I doubt my 3 week old son will notice that one is missing.

Funny, `cause I actually came to the the Sens board to reluctantly give my props to Lehner. Was good last night, but more impressive was his demeanor. A lot of young goalies tend to overplay and and find themselves out of position. He was excellent fundamentally, seemed to be square on almost every shot. Also, said all the right things in the post game. Something like `` I will play now or in 3 years from now, wherever and whenever they ask me to play, I`ll do my best``.

Kid looked great.......could have something here.

Old
09-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Yes, really. But please don't stop.

Lenny the Lynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:00 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

I can't say if he gave the puck away to spite Lehner or not, but he does seem like a genuine ******. Perfect fit for the Leafs. I'll enjoy hating him. Kudos to fat head.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

Funny, `cause I actually came to the the Sens board to reluctantly give my props to Lehner. Was good last night, but more impressive was his demeanor. A lot of young goalies tend to overplay and and find themselves out of position. He was excellent fundamentally, seemed to be square on almost every shot. Also, said all the right things in the post game. Something like `` I will play now or in 3 years from now, wherever and whenever they ask me to play, I`ll do my best``.

Kid looked great.......could have something here.
The fact that people here care more about a lost puck than the man himself is a problem in itself. Really people, even if Versteeg sprinted across the ice to get rid of the puck knowing it's significance....it's good for the rivalry. That said, the last thing I think was on his mind was whether the rookie goalie wanted the puck.

Back to Lehner...I've seen glimpses before on why the Sens are so high on him, but this was a bit more of a showcase. And your absolutely right, for the most part he was square, confident and saw everything, but it was also his demeanor which can be the most important thing.

We know the guys got a big body, we know he's athletic, but it appears this guy gets it. Soo coaches/management said this guy showed the juniors professional work ethic. When he answered a Q and A for us he always talked about perfecting the mental side of goaltending pointing to Kiprusoff as a model. He was the hardest worker at rookie camp last year, first time a first year player won, first time a goalie was recognized that way.

Fun to watch him last night, it was one game, but it looks like as long as he keeps perfecting that mental game that he's got the ability to be a difference maker someday.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:45 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
You can whine about Hansons late punch, but this puck is really a non issue.
Yeah, I don't think it's a big deal. Lee has really got to protect himself better. Actually, neither one of them looked like they knew what they were doing in that fight. They should both probably leave the fighting to others.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:51 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
Yeah, I don't think it's a big deal. Lee has really got to protect himself better. Actually, neither one of them looked like they knew what they were doing in that fight. They should both probably leave the fighting to others.

Agreed...I donno about Lee, but that was Hanson`s first fight and it showed.

Anyone else cringe when they saw how close the linesmans skate came to Lees fingers on the ice? Gotta make a fist if you hit the ice.

edit: it was actually the other linesmans hand.

Old
09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

as per comments on silversevens
http://www.silversevensens.com/2010/...ors-5#comments

"apparently armstrong took Lehner's shutout puck and put it in the stands Doing it in the playoffs as a mind**** is one thing, but to a 19 year old kid from Sweden who will spend his year in the AHL? Should probably let him have his moment.

Silver Seven: the Daniel Alfredsson of Ottawa Senators blogs.

by DarrenM on Sep 22, 2010 1:40 AM EDT reply actions

I read it was Versteeg.
by superjarvo on Sep 22, 2010 7:39 AM EDT up reply actions

That is a dick move either way It’s the preseason!

by Rob.D on Sep 22, 2010 9:05 AM EDT up reply actions"

last time i post something about it. yes as you can see it did upset me that the "memento" was taken from the kid whether it be on purpose or not. it appears that others have the same thoughts as i do on this subject on other sens boards. it just would have been nice to see him get the puck regardless if its pre season or not.

Old
09-22-2010, 01:07 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
as per comments on silversevens
http://www.silversevensens.com/2010/...ors-5#comments

"apparently armstrong took Lehner's shutout puck and put it in the stands Doing it in the playoffs as a mind**** is one thing, but to a 19 year old kid from Sweden who will spend his year in the AHL? Should probably let him have his moment.

Silver Seven: the Daniel Alfredsson of Ottawa Senators blogs.

by DarrenM on Sep 22, 2010 1:40 AM EDT reply actions

I read it was Versteeg.
by superjarvo on Sep 22, 2010 7:39 AM EDT up reply actions

That is a dick move either way It’s the preseason!

by Rob.D on Sep 22, 2010 9:05 AM EDT up reply actions"

last time i post something about it. yes as you can see it did upset me that the "memento" was taken from the kid whether it be on purpose or not. it appears that others have the same thoughts as i do on this subject on other sens boards. it just would have been nice to see him get the puck regardless if its pre season or not.
Well, contrary to most people in this thread, I do feel Versteeg did it on purpose. He's no rookie. He knew full well this was a dick move on his part and a slap in the face to Lehner.

To be honest, I don't think it's that much of an issue, but to say Kris V. didn't do it to piss off the Sens goalie seems a bit naive.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD7367 View Post
Spit coffee all over my screen when I read this!
if true, that sucks

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Maybe the Sens players shouldn't have tried to score a 6th goal in a 5-0 game until the last second.

When there is 10 sec left and you've dominated the game like they did last night, keep the puck skate back to your goaltender and give it to him. No need for a buzzer beater goal.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:21 PM
alfstheman

First of all from what i hear about lehner is that something like this wont bother him. Second Versteeg is probably trying to hold himself back from suicide due to having to play on an ahl team (leafs). Third and last there will be plenty of shutouts for lehner as soon as he jumps to the sens (hopefully some games this year)

alfstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:26 PM
alfstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
Maybe the Sens players shouldn't have tried to score a 6th goal in a 5-0 game until the last second.

When there is 10 sec left and you've dominated the game like they did last night, keep the puck skate back to your goaltender and give it to him. No need for a buzzer beater goal.
Dude your not playing as one of these rookies trying to impress coaches for their shot at the big times. This is their chance and maybe their only chance so dont tell them to stop trying

alfstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
nyquil i understand where you are comming from. however. i have the game taped. i have watched it a couple of times already. it was not one of those frustration whack at the pucks. he actually had to settle the puck down. had a look around and just flipped it gently over the boards. very "richard" move.
You realize it was a fans first game, so he was probably just flipping the puck into the stands for the fans rather than intentionally taking the puck from Lehner. Who cares anyways, the shutout is meaningless.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote