HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Regehr for Dubinsky+

Old
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
The Gnome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I'm not pushing Dubi out the door; at the same time he's our most marketable forward of the NYR talent base that we'd be inclined to trade, excluding some kind of exceptional deal.

That said, NYR can't afford to apply Dubi for Regehr, a D, when NYR have promising Ds already.
Would be happy to hear counter PROPOSALS:
Sauer + X
for Rehehr
Are you joking?

Regehr will only be moved for top line talent, or a really well rounded player such as Dubinsky+.

We have to cut salary, but not at the expense of Regehr. I'll hold firm that he still has pretty high value around the league.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Robert604strom

As a fan of the Canucks and someone whos seen Regehr play id say that is a really bad idea for the flames he is the leader of the D-core and Dubinsky is kind of like what the flames already have. Dont get me wrong he is young and has potential but he just seems like Hagman,stajan,and other boarderline 2ndliners.

Robert604strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 01:49 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Based off of what? He's played his best hockey as a winger. His game is much more suited for wing, anyway.
if you read the rest of my post than you would never have had to post in the first place. My viewing of Dubinsky is limited. When I saw him at centre he looked great and I thought he excelled at that position compared to wing.

That's why I asked for a NYR fans perspective. Obviously they see him play much more then me.

Old
09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert604strom View Post
As a fan of the Canucks and someone whos seen Regehr play id say that is a really bad idea for the flames he is the leader of the D-core and Dubinsky is kind of like what the flames already have. Dont get me wrong he is young and has potential but he just seems like Hagman,stajan,and other boarderline 2ndliners.
I agree if it were to happen then we'd have to be able to move someone else in our current top six. To me Dubinsky is better than anyone currently in our top six except for Iginla...Bourque is a tough call.

Old
09-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Robert604strom

id say iggy forsure number 1,Bourgue,jokinen(even tho he had his worst year ever)then you could ask 10 different people who are the best between hagman,stajan tanguay and Dubinsky and i bet everyone would have a different answer. I think they would need to give up dub,gilroy and a low pick or just to get regehr.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
tfong

Is Dubi planning on stay in NY after Sather lowballed him in last years contract? lol...

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:08 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Is Dubi planning on stay in NY after Sather lowballed him in last years contract? lol...
Yes. The only people holding a grudge are a select group of fans who have yet to untwist their panties after the holdout. If Dubi puts up 60 points this year they'll still be calling him inconsistent and looking for ways to trade him.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:33 PM
jtommyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I agree if it were to happen then we'd have to be able to move someone else in our current top six. To me Dubinsky is better than anyone currently in our top six except for Iginla...Bourque is a tough call.
I half-agree with you. We'd need to move a LW. If Dubi were in this lineup I'd play him on the Left side opposite Bourque with either Backlund or Stajan between.

Hagman moves down to the third line, and we suddenly have 3 offensive lines.

The big problem would be the hole left on defense. Sarich can't play top pairing minutes, neither can Staios or Pardy. You could pair Bouw with Gio or White, but none of those guys are really shut-down defensmen.

If you thought the Sedins made our defense look bad last year, wait and see what would happen without Regehr in the lineup.

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Robert604strom

I agree with youjtommyt you need to get rid of one of the middle of the pack forwards for more defense,but i am thinking with the new era of the cap that you guys could probally find the d-man you need on the waiver wire.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:50 PM
jtommyt

Quote:
I agree with youjtommyt you need to get rid of one of the middle of the pack forwards for more defense,but i am thinking with the new era of the cap that you guys could probally find the d-man you need on the waiver wire.
We might be able to pick up a guy like Douglas Murray, but again, he couldn't be looked at for top pair minutes, and SJ would likely want a D-man coming back.

Unfortunately, you can't really make significant changes to a roster these days without creating new weaknesses.

You need good young prospects that step into top-line situations. Our young guys are ready for 3rd pairing duty, not for top minutes.

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 03:37 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtommyt View Post
We might be able to pick up a guy like Douglas Murray, but again, he couldn't be looked at for top pair minutes, and SJ would likely want a D-man coming back.

Unfortunately, you can't really make significant changes to a roster these days without creating new weaknesses.

You need good young prospects that step into top-line situations. Our young guys are ready for 3rd pairing duty, not for top minutes.
I completly agree.

I'm just a huge Dubinsky fan and would be willing to take the risk to acquire him. Most flames posters would obviously disagree with me.

Old
09-22-2010, 03:37 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Are you joking?

Regehr will only be moved for top line talent, or a really well rounded player such as Dubinsky+.

We have to cut salary, but not at the expense of Regehr. I'll hold firm that he still has pretty high value around the league.
I was not joking and I gave no insult.
The OP included Sauer + others; the posts suggest something other than Dubi, preferably a D.
Obviously, I'm not supporting moving M. Staal or MDZ, but I wanted to throw in Sauer since you guys are looking, thinking D.

I then tossed a big softball, and you come after me with a bat!
Did I say it was only Sauer?
Did I place any unreasonable restrictions on what the "+" could be?

I basically asked if not Dubi + x, tell me what works for you as Sauer +, identifying the plus.
I left to everyone's common sense and creativity to recognize MDZ, M. Staal are not a match for NYR, but certainly Rosival/Girardi is a partial option.
More needs be added, but I just wanted to get an idea of what directions everybody had before refining this idea.

Again, Sauer + _______________ (and as inferred earlier, fill in the proverbial blank).
As to just one variation: Sauer + Kundratek + Gilroy + Rosival/Girardi + Boyle + a pick?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
id say iggy forsure number 1,Bourgue,jokinen(even tho he had his worst year ever)then you could ask 10 different people who are the best between hagman,stajan tanguay and Dubinsky and i bet everyone would have a different answer. I think they would need to give up dub,gilroy and a low pick or just to get regehr.
again it's only my opinion, I agree that Dubinsky's skill level is debatable amongst those forwards.

Too me Dubinsky is a total package (similar to Bourque), thus making him more valuable then guys like Stajan, Tanguay, Jokinen, and Hagman. I also find that he shows great leadership qualities for someone his age.

Old
09-22-2010, 03:44 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
I was not joking and I gave no insult.
The OP included Sauer + others; the posts suggest something other than Dubi, preferably a D.
Obviously, I'm not supporting moving M. Staal or MDZ, but I wanted to throw in Sauer since you guys are looking, thinking D.

I then tossed a big softball, and you come after me with a bat!
Did I say it was only Sauer?
Did I place any unreasonable restrictions on what the "+" could be?

I basically asked if not Dubi + x, tell me what works for you as Sauer +, identifying the plus.
I left to everyone's common sense and creativity to recognize MDZ, M. Staal are not a match for NYR, but certainly Rosival/Girardi is a partial option.
More needs be added, but I just wanted to get an idea of what directions everybody had before refining this idea.

Again, Sauer + _______________ (and as inferred earlier, fill in the proverbial blank).
As to just one variation: Sauer + Kundratek + Gilroy + Rosival/Girardi + Boyle + a pick?
fair enough I jumped to a conclusion you obviously were not trying to make. But like I said if Regehr goes calgary is going to want top end talent (or that potential) coming back. Dubinksy fits that bill IMO, and maybe a callahan package.

Old
09-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Kritty

Stop with the Regehr for an average 2nd liner proposals. If he gets dealt it needs to be for an improvement and Dubinsky isn't that. If Sutter really wanted to move Regehr I'm sure he could have by now. That won't get it done.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
Stop with the Regehr for an average 2nd liner proposals. If he gets dealt it needs to be for an improvement and Dubinsky isn't that. If Sutter really wanted to move Regehr I'm sure he could have by now. That won't get it done.
I think Dubinsky would be a great fit in Calgary. Two-way player, talented, physical... Plus, he's a Western boy, and we all know how much Sutter likes those.

Don't think I'd trade Regehr for him straight-up, but Dubinsky would make a very good starting point in discussions.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Throw some names out there that you have in mind.
Crosby and Malkin

or I guess we could settle for Savard (pre-concussion/healthy), Richards (either one), Weiss, Stastny, Carter, Spezza (highly unlikely), J. Staal, Lecavalier (if his value is low enough- I still believe that he can be one of the top centers in the league), Roy. Not all of these centers are as plausible as some, but this is decent value for Regehr (picks/ lower end prospects may be included either way).

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Jeff Finger 4

no need for sauer from flames pov. they already have seabrook, pelech, negrin and baldwin as similar almost nhl-ready defesnsive d-men.

Jeff Finger 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:01 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
fair enough I jumped to a conclusion you obviously were not trying to make. But like I said if Regehr goes calgary is going to want top end talent (or that potential) coming back. Dubinksy fits that bill IMO, and maybe a callahan package.
Yes to Dubinsky if we agree on mutually beneficial deal. It would be nice to keep Dubi too, but if as I said, if he were to go for a talent upgrade, that would be the forward which at the same time has most value/is in demand/NYR would think about moving. IF that is the way things go, then agree w/Dogbert at post 41: "Dubinsky would make a very good starting point in discussions".
I disagree w/Callahan as an instead of or in addition to component, as this is likely NYR future captain, and I want to be overwhelmed (maybe not massively overwhelmed, but overwhelmed) to let him go.

There seems to be a split however, w/further posts about Dubi by both sides.
There is no knock for my part on Regehr; the question I have is do you spend limited better resources (Dubi) on a Regehr, or do you seek to directly upgrade scoring w/a proven sniper?
NYR can offer good resources, just not premium ones I understand you would want to demand.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:28 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Yes to Dubinsky if we agree on mutually beneficial deal. It would be nice to keep Dubi too, but if as I said, if he were to go for a talent upgrade, that would be the forward which at the same time has most value/is in demand/NYR would think about moving. IF that is the way things go, then agree w/Dogbert at post 41: "Dubinsky would make a very good starting point in discussions".
I disagree w/Callahan as an instead of or in addition to component, as this is likely NYR future captain, and I want to be overwhelmed (maybe not massively overwhelmed, but overwhelmed) to let him go.

There seems to be a split however, w/further posts about Dubi by both sides.
There is no knock for my part on Regehr; the question I have is do you spend limited better resources (Dubi) on a Regehr, or do you seek to directly upgrade scoring w/a proven sniper?
NYR can offer good resources, just not premium ones I understand you would want to demand.
Most flames fans on HF would lynch me for not saying we should be getting a top line sniper for Regehr. I just think they over value him. To land a "spezza" type player we'd have to start with Regehr+backlund+good prospect/pick IMO. Too much to give up for a team that has no blue chips outside of Backlund.

I also do not think we are starved for offense. I expect a jump in offensive statistics this year as most of our team under performed last season. IMO this was due to the coaching change, I think Keenan was the worst thing that happened to calgary in the last 5 years.

What this team needs is a guy exactly like Dubinsky. Tremendous energy, leader, decent offensive production, two way forward, and a great work ethic. Calgary needs a guy outside of Iggy who can light a fire under everyone's ass, and motivate the team when they're down by a goal. He's also versatile positionaly which is a huge bonus to have.

So I'd do a trade involving the two in a heartbeat. Yes our blueline would have a hole with a top shutdown guy. But at some point we have to give some of our AHL dmen a shoot, Calgary has 2-3 that are ready. Pelech seems to be poised to grow into the role that Regehr would be leaving behind.

When a team under performs like calgary did then you have to take risks and shake things up. Thats my take anyways, and no I don't think Regehr could land us a top line sniper so Dubinsky is a great option.