HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-10-2012, 02:13 AM
  #226
Enlighten
Registered User
 
Enlighten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Regarding NHL 13 does the arena guy at Rexall actually announce Hall and Eberle's names when they score this year? It was weird in 11 they had Eberle but not Hal. In 12 the got rid of both? WTF

Enlighten is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 08:34 AM
  #227
Tad Mikowsky
Retired
 
Tad Mikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlighten View Post
Regarding NHL 13 does the arena guy at Rexall actually announce Hall and Eberle's names when they score this year? It was weird in 11 they had Eberle but not Hal. In 12 the got rid of both? WTF
Yes, they actually say both names this year!

Tad Mikowsky is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 04:20 PM
  #228
Psychoil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Does anyone know if game stop in the mall is releasing the game today? They did this for NHL 11.

Psychoil is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 05:05 PM
  #229
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
Does anyone know if game stop in the mall is releasing the game today? They did this for NHL 11.
In what mall? WestEd?

SephF is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 05:14 PM
  #230
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Kingsway always does it.
And Eberle always hangs around there and signs it for you.
And he is doing it this year too.

Turrican* is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 05:15 PM
  #231
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Kingsway always does it.
And Eberle always hangs around there and signs it for you.
And he is doing it this year too.

At midnight? Really? Bad ass.

SephF is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 05:26 PM
  #232
Joey Moss
Proud to select...
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,126
vCash: 226
Anyone know where they are releasing at midnight?

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 05:29 PM
  #233
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
EB GAMES NHL 13 MIDNIGHT LAUNCH PARTY
The official launch party for the NHL 13 release is here, coming this Mon, September 10th! Special Guest Jordan Eberle of the Edmonton Oilers will be signing autograph from 9:30pm to 11pm.

Turrican* is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 05:38 PM
  #234
Rawg
CEM
 
Rawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,176
vCash: 500
..Havent gone to EB games since 5 years ago when I preordered wow, went to pick it up on release after paying 10$ in advance and they were out of copies, went across the street to bestbuy and bought a copy from them

One day I will reclaim my 10$

Rawg is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 05:42 PM
  #235
Senor Catface
Registered User
 
Senor Catface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Nepal
Posts: 5,931
vCash: 500
Does NHL 13 have the same celebration cut scenes as the last 5/6 years still? Just completely lazy if that's the case.

Senor Catface is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 06:06 PM
  #236
Joey Moss
Proud to select...
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,126
vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Anyone know where they are releasing at midnight?
Nevermind, found the stores..

Kingsway
Southgate
Skyview Power Center
Clariview Shopping Center

All selling at midnight from EB Games.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 06:07 PM
  #237
BlueChip01
Registered User
 
BlueChip01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
It kind of is the same, but cut scenes are realistic now. They resemble what is happening in real time. If you score a goal while crashing into the goalie your player in the cut scene will be in the same spot instead of a canned cut scene.

I'm really liking this game a lot. It feels night and day different from the last one. So many small things. Puck physics, so many goals scored different ways, etc.

BlueChip01 is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 07:42 PM
  #238
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
EB GAMES NHL 13 MIDNIGHT LAUNCH PARTY
The official launch party for the NHL 13 release is here, coming this Mon, September 10th! Special Guest Jordan Eberle of the Edmonton Oilers will be signing autograph from 9:30pm to 11pm.
That's pretty cool. I live on the southside so I'm just gonna hit up Southgate, I imagine Kingsway is going to be a gong show.

SephF is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
  #239
InUtero
Oilers!
 
InUtero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,828
vCash: 50
Anybody try out the new Xbox dashboard today?

InUtero is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 07:56 PM
  #240
Ganz
Dibs
 
Ganz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Upton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 50
Any southsiders know if the Super WalMart is having a midnight release? Too lazy to go to Kingsway

Ganz is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 08:14 PM
  #241
Cam98
Registered User
 
Cam98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,991
vCash: 500
futureshop having trade 2 and get nhl 13 stanley cup tin edition free..

and NHL 12 is on the list of qualifiers.

Cam98 is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 08:51 PM
  #242
McEwen
Registered User
 
McEwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: South Africa
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam98 View Post
futureshop having trade 2 and get nhl 13 stanley cup tin edition free..

and NHL 12 is on the list of qualifiers.

Edit:
Never mind. Found the list. For all those interested you can find it here:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/categ...0a2828c302en01


Last edited by McEwen: 09-10-2012 at 08:58 PM.
McEwen is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 09:04 PM
  #243
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McEwen View Post
Edit:
Never mind. Found the list. For all those interested you can find it here:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/categ...0a2828c302en01
I have each and every one of those games (including two copies of Sykrim and Black Ops), but alas, no cases.

SK13 is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 09:23 PM
  #244
Hoogaar23
Registered User
 
Hoogaar23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
In protest of the lockout, I've decided to forego NHL13 and picked up FIFA12 for $30. Damned fun game (first soccer game ever, but I am really enjoying it)

Hoogaar23 is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 09:26 PM
  #245
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogaar23 View Post
In protest of the lockout, I've decided to forego NHL13 and picked up FIFA12 for $30. Damned fun game (first soccer game ever, but I am really enjoying it)
FFifa is the greatest sports game out there can't wait for 13

awesomo is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 09:37 PM
  #246
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
FFifa is the greatest sports game out there can't wait for 13
nba2k is also a pretty sick sports game. both fifa and 2k blow NHL out of the water when it comes to presentation and the little things.

Eytinge is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 10:31 PM
  #247
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
nba2k is also a pretty sick sports game. both fifa and 2k blow NHL out of the water when it comes to presentation and the little things.
Agree completely. NBA 2k12 and FIFA 12 are the two best sports games of all time IMO. Literally both perfect and corrected upon almost all the faults of their predecessors. They crush the NHL series.

And hey, regarding that trade in deal at FutureShop, is that starting tomorrow or are they having a midnight launch as well? I want to get rid of MW3, NHL12 and Reach if possible.


Last edited by Philly85: 09-10-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Philly85 is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 10:40 PM
  #248
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
syz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,047
vCash: 500
Can I go to a midnight launch and just get Tekken Tag 2?

syz is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 10:41 PM
  #249
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,092
vCash: 50
Hey guys..here's a dumb question for you.

I've been kinda following these NHL EA games threads over the last year or so, but I only have NHL 2009. I enjoyed it to a point, but there are a few things that really take away from the overall enjoyment of the game for me...just wasn't allot of fun to play after a while.

Are the newer ones better as far as game play is concerned? I'm not a big sports game player, but I'm thinking about picking up maybe Fifa or NHL 13 this year.

I'm more into the rpg type games, but when I feel like playing something different, it would be nice to have a goto game for a break.

Dorian2 is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 10:52 PM
  #250
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Hey guys..here's a dumb question for you.

I've been kinda following these NHL EA games threads over the last year or so, but I only have NHL 2009. I enjoyed it to a point, but there are a few things that really take away from the overall enjoyment of the game for me...just wasn't allot of fun to play after a while.

Are the newer ones better as far as game play is concerned? I'm not a big sports game player, but I'm thinking about picking up maybe Fifa or NHL 13 this year.

I'm more into the rpg type games, but when I feel like playing something different, it would be nice to have a goto game for a break.
As far as overall game play compared to NHL 09? Hmm, probably, but not by a whole lot. Very gimmicky game i.e. easy or "cheap" ways to score, forced momentum swings where's its almost as though CPU has picked one team to win and no matter what you do it's impossible to overcome, the bad goals that get scored in the final 5-10 seconds of a period/game, terrible hitting mechanics, a bunch of randomness altogether... Very frustrating series and that hasn't changed much since about 09.

But... overall the game HAS improved and probably NHL 13 is worth buying because of the skating system which has been completely overhauled and is very realistic. Plus it looks like its more difficult to score (though we shall see... especially when it comes to online which will still probably be same ol same ol), with significantly better AI. More in detailed game strategies/systems, better player ratings... I think the way they revamped and overhauled the skating mechanics in itself makes the game worthy of a purchase.

Philly85 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.