HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2013, 02:35 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
That's awesome! I hadn't seen that one. Some more great ones here.

I liked this one.

This is also pretty sweet.

Old
06-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
hahaha already taken down... go PR team go!

Care to give me a break down?

Here you go. What a response by Microsoft eh, just stick with your 360 if you don't like it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakOil View Post
It's obviously partly what you are used to, but for me the PS controllers seem too small for my hands (I've got big, but not massive hands) and they also seem to slip right out as soon as my hands start to get sweaty (and I have sweaty hands). My favourite controller is still the xbox originals (the dukes, as some called them).

To be honest the controller is the one thing that has always kept me away from PS. The triggers on xbox are far superior, way greater range of motion and a better feel (again, imo) and the same goes with the placement of the two joysticks and their relative feel. Hoping their will be some thrid party xbox like controllers very soon after launch because I'm definitely going PS4 this time around.
Apparently the PS4 controller is greatly improved when it comes to the triggers and their response. I've always preferred the 360 controller though as well.

Old
06-12-2013, 03:16 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

vCash: 50
Giant Bomb guys were saying the One triggers didn't feel as good while the PS4 triggers seem a bit improved. But Microsoft was also finally able to change their d-pad, so overall not much to complain about in either case anymore.

And yea, Microsoft is going all in on the demographic that always has the internet and doesn't buy used games, and is all but explicitly telling everybody outside of that user base to **** right off. I look forward to the first day their authentication servers get DDoS'd and people realize what they're dealing with.

Meanwhile, 150k+ viewers for the start of the LCS summer split...

Last edited by syz: 06-12-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old
06-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Perfect_Drug

I think most experts are predicting Microsoft is DoA.

Amazing what taking away 'liberties' will do for image.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post
I think most experts are predicting Microsoft is DoA.

Amazing what taking away 'liberties' will do for image.
Over reaction most likely. A month before Halo 5 drops they'll sell 500K units.

I for one ordered both, I never played my PS3 this generation, just hate the controllers, use it for blue rays, and I'd buy games but never play. Can't get over the fact there is no party chat on PS3.

However, I'm coming into this generation with all my Xbox love muted, and giving PS4 a chance.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:45 PM
T-Funk

Thank goodness. I hate Xbox but it was the better choice over ps3.

Hopefully ps4 doesn't disappoint.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:50 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

I always preferred the PS controllers myself.

06-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I always preferred the PS controllers myself.
I have huge hands, so the PS3 Controllers are very uncomfortable for me. The triggers especially.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
fysloc

You guys talk about uncomfortable controllers, but I used both PS and Xbox controllers and honestly, I don't really notice any difference when playing.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

Only issue I had with controllers this generation was the 360 d-pad, which seems to be fixed now that Nintendo's patent has run out.

Old
06-12-2013, 05:05 PM
PeakMcOil
Loyal To The Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Only issue I had with controllers this generation was the 360 d-pad, which seems to be fixed now that Nintendo's patent has run out.
I can't even think of a game that actually used the d-pad. What was Microsoft's patent?

Old
06-12-2013, 05:23 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
I'm the opposite...can't stand the XBox controller

maybe it's cause I've been playing PS since PSone but I absolutely love their controller...glad they made just minor tweaks to the PS4 controller

still, the Gamecube controller IMO was the best controller ever...too bad the system sucked

as for "Last of Us"...it looks epic...IGN called it the best game on PS3

AINEC.

Old
06-12-2013, 06:35 PM
SephF
5-14-6-1

My whole thing with the controller debate is I hate having the thumb toggles side by side... they need to be staggered, it's way more comfortable.

Someone will whip some of these up for ps4 anyways, no big deal.

Old
06-12-2013, 06:43 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

AINEC.
You could toss that controller off the Empire State Building and it wouldn't break.

Old
06-12-2013, 07:13 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
You could toss that controller off the Empire State Building and it wouldn't break.
Between Super C and Super Spike V'Ball, I think my controllers went through about the equivalent of that haha.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

I will getbthe Xbox. This is all temporary until mind blowing a games come out. Wait for the next Fallout....

Old
06-12-2013, 10:43 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
I will getbthe Xbox. This is all temporary until mind blowing a games come out. Wait for the next Fallout....
Which will be best on PC and also be on PS4...

Old
06-12-2013, 11:02 PM
awesomo
HARD!

i love the 360 but you gotta pay me to support to support the xbox 1. horrible horrible attitude

Old
06-12-2013, 11:13 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
You were far more likely to break the thing the controller hit than break the controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
It wouldn't weird you out at all to think that you'd be putting a microphone and camera in your living room requiring daily internet connection to a company that gives the US intelligence community access to it's data?

Old
06-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Eytinge

At this point from what I'm reading online most people sticking to the Xbox One are just the fanboys that hate Nintendo/Sony and would buy the thing even if it was 700 dollars.

I've never owned a Sony console but Microsoft doesn't get to take away consumer rights, stick a camera in my living room, act arrogant about it and expect my money.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:32 AM
PepsiFiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
You were far more likely to break the thing the controller hit than break the controller.

It wouldn't weird you out at all to think that you'd be putting a microphone and camera in your living room requiring daily internet connection to a company that gives the US intelligence community access to it's data?
Meh...How many people that are complaining about that, have no issues using their laptop with built in webcams constantly connected to their wifi, not to mention having no issues using sites such as Facebook and Instagram! As for myself, I may be leaning to the PS4 this time just for MLB the Show! Although I prefer the Xbox controllers myself! I am just gonna wait and see.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:38 AM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

Quote:

Nope. They already know or can know as much about us as they want, Xbox or not. It's PS that has all the security issues. Brutal security. I am very sure anyone can go in there and get whatever they want any time they want at that level. Don't kid yourself. Same with PC.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:38 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFiend View Post
Meh...How many people that are complaining about that, have no issues using their laptop with built in webcams constantly connected to their wifi, not to mention having no issues using sites such as Facebook and Instagram! As for myself, I may be leaning to the PS4 this time just for MLB the Show! Although I prefer the Xbox controllers myself! I am just gonna wait and see.
Well you have control over your computer and can see what it is sending out, if you choose to. But fair enough, privacy isn't an issue for everyone.

How about the issue where as soon as MS turns off their authentication servers all the games become unplayable?

Old
06-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

Quote:
Well you have control over your computer and can see what it is sending out, if you choose to. But fair enough, privacy isn't an issue for everyone.

How about the issue where as soon as MS turns off their authentication servers all the games become unplayable?
They will just switch to the new console with an activation fee. I think this is just speculation at this point.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:43 AM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
At this point from what I'm reading online most people sticking to the Xbox One are just the fanboys that hate Nintendo/Sony and would buy the thing even if it was 700 dollars.

I've never owned a Sony console but Microsoft doesn't get to take away consumer rights, stick a camera in my living room, act arrogant about it and expect my money.
Agree 100%. I've always been more of a Sony guy so I do have bias (I've had lots of other consoles, including a 360), but how anyone can defend Microsoft is beyond me. There's a reason the PS4 preorders ran out almost immediately, and the Xbox one didn't

Closed Thread