HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Richards

Old
09-23-2010, 06:15 PM
txomisc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Precedence (Kovalchuk trade) suggests the framework will be:
-one ELC NHLer
-one somewhat overpaid but serviceable NHLer
-one prospect
-one draft pick

Of course, Richards is not Kovy, and so DAL may only end up getting three out of the above four components. How does that translate into a hypothetical scenario? Something like this IMO from NYR for instance...

F Artem Anisimov (ELC NHLer)
D Michal Rozsival (somewhat overpaid but serviceable NHLer)
F Christian Thomas (prospect)
I like the idea, and i do like anisimov, but i think dallas would need the biggest upside player to be a defenseman. So likely mcdonagh or mcilrath as the center piece.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:18 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhicksnightmare View Post
The only ones Dallas would be interested in are Carlson or Alzner I would assume and any other trade wouldn't be worth it. If this wasn't available I could see Dallas trading with LA instead and picking up one of Hickey, Teubert, Voynov, or Forbort.
Alzner would be great, Carlson i think would be a pipe dream. LA does seem to make the most sense from an asset perspective. The question is do you deal your number one center to a division rival? Probably if they clearly have the best offer, but if other teams are sort of on par or close, I could see dallas shying away from a deal with the kings.

Old
09-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Alzner would be great, Carlson i think would be a pipe dream. LA does seem to make the most sense from an asset perspective. The question is do you deal your number one center to a division rival? Probably if they clearly have the best offer, but if other teams are sort of on par or close, I could see dallas shying away from a deal with the kings.
Since I'm reading the trade as Dallas is out of the playoff hunt and contract negotiations are going poorly and Richards is in the last year of his contract I really don't care what team we trade him to. Best offer available IMO

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashripdot View Post
He said he wants to stay. Apparently just waiting for the ownership situation to get sorted out so they know what the budget is moving forward.
He's also told friends he wants to come back to Tampa, and he's moved his permanent residence from PEI to Tampa.

It will be an interesting situation to watch unfold.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:28 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
The only ones Dallas would be interested in are Carlson or Alzner I would assume and any other trade wouldn't be worth it. If this wasn't available I could see Dallas trading with LA instead and picking up one of Hickey, Teubert, Voynov, or Forbort.
Neither of them would be available. They weren't for Pronger, they won't be for Richards.

If Dallas can get that type of player in return then the Caps will be out of the running.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:29 PM
markisonfire

When I hear Brad Richards, I instantly think 1b on the Kings behind Kopitar. Something involving Loktionov/Moller and Voynov/Forbort? Other pieces included, perhaps?

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:34 PM
BlueBeard

I could see St.Louis being interested in Richards as a UFA and possibly at the trade deadline. Checketts has said that we should have our majority investor replaced by the end of the calender year so that would make the big question is does that make us a cap team or a team with an internal budget below the cap? We have Backes, Oshie, Polak and Berglund to resign this offseason as well so if it's the later of the two there just might not be room to sign or retain Richards(if we trade for him). He would be a darn nice addition to our forwards though.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Neither of them would be available. They weren't for Pronger, they won't be for Richards.

If Dallas can get that type of player in return then the Caps will be out of the running.
Dallas definitely has need for a defenseman and I don't think Orlov would cut it. And Dallas has a pretty stacked, young top 6, so I guess a trade with Washington is not in the best interest of either team.

Last edited by Ambassador Of Fun: 09-23-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old
09-23-2010, 06:38 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
When I hear Brad Richards, I instantly think 1b on the Kings behind Kopitar. Something involving Loktionov/Moller and Voynov/Forbort? Other pieces included, perhaps?
Looks good to me, you value voynov and forbort higher than the two forwards i take it? Otherwise I suspect dallas would prefer two dmen. Would Forbort + Tuebert be doable? Im not sure how high LA is on Tuebert these days.

Old
09-23-2010, 06:40 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Dallas definitely has need for a defenseman and I don't think Orlov would cut it, and a pretty stacked, young top 6, so I guess a trade with Washington is not in the best interest of either team.
I don't believe Dallas can get that type of return for an impending UFA at the trade deadline (especially if there aren't a lot of buyers with cap space, but it's early to say that's how things play out), but if they do it would almost certainly be from a different team. The Caps in particular, I think, are depending on Alzner and Carlson to be cheap/relatively cheap core guys on D, guys that should be counted on to outperform their salaries because of their age. Even if Richards would potentially be a great piece to add it is pretty counter to GMGM's philosophy to trade one of them for the big name rental.

Old
09-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
That's probably a package Dallas would look at. Any of those 4 combinations would be appealing.

Old
09-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Anonymous028

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Looks good to me, you value voynov and forbort higher than the two forwards i take it? Otherwise I suspect dallas would prefer two dmen. Would Forbort + Tuebert be doable? Im not sure how high LA is on Tuebert these days.
Forbort isn't gonna be moved.

Teubert and voynov could be had though.

Anonymous028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
I could see St.Louis being interested in Richards as a UFA and possibly at the trade deadline. Checketts has said that we should have our majority investor replaced by the end of the calender year so that would make the big question is does that make us a cap team or a team with an internal budget below the cap? We have Backes, Oshie, Polak and Berglund to resign this offseason as well so if it's the later of the two there just might not be room to sign or retain Richards(if we trade for him). He would be a darn nice addition to our forwards though.
Wouldn't mind if Boyes were part of any deal, so he could continue his tour of the NHL.

Plus he's a right-hand shot, would look good on the 2nd line behind Eriksson.

09-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Wouldn't mind if Boyes were part of any deal, so he could continue his tour of the NHL.

I'm all aboard that boat.

At the deadline if Dallas is out of contention.

Brad Richards for Brad Boyes

Other pieces will probably be added depending if Richards has another break out year and more pieces will defiantly be added to Dallas' side if Boyes has another flat season.

Neal-Ribeiro-Eriksson
Morrow-Benn-Boyes

That top six is solid!

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post

To be honest, I wouldn't entirely mind if that happened but I can see where the Blues FO might want to acquire Richards to play along side Boyes. This is sort of what I had in my mind when thinking about plunking Richards into our lineup.

Oshie/Perron-Richards-Backes/Boyes
Oshie/Perron-McDonald-Backes/Boyes
Steen-Berglund-(placeholder for Tarasenko)

Now I can see Berglund possibly being available if we're getting a center back like Richards back but if Berglund wakes up this year and is scoring well he might not be on the market nor could we be looking for Richard's services. I was thinking along the lines of Ian Cole +(plus what I don't know) as the basis from the Blues. But it's not like the left side of our defense ever stays too healthy so he may be forced into NHL duty at any point and not be on the market at all come trade deadline.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:26 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Brad rchards for brad boyes? not a chance it's to risky with richards being a UFA at seasons end

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Garuntee he'll be traded at the deadline, doesn't want out just will not be playing for Dallas next season, cause Dallas I think will suck next season so he'll go to a playoff team at the deadline is what I think will happen.

I can see him going to St. Louis, Calgary, Minnesota, LA and Vancouver. Not saying he'll go to a good team if hes traded.
Vancouver has Sedin, Kesler and Hodgson in the AHL. Why in the world would they desire another center? If anything the Canucks are one of the best suited team in center depth with the talent they have. My assumption is Tampa Bay or Toronto if he does not re-sign in Dallas.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:19 PM
john skull

I could see it being in the Stars' interest to resign him to a pretty hefty contract. 42.5 over 10 yrs. If they get the ownership sorted, it would be nice. He is a very good player and will be a fan favorite until he leaves, if he does. He is worth the investment, even for a cash strapped organization imo.

11-12 7mil
12-13 6.5mil
13-14 6.5mil
14-15 6mil
15-16 5mil
16-17 3.5mil
17-18 2mil
18-19 2mil
19-20 2mil
20-21 2mil

4.25 cap hit, very reasonable for him I think. Also, I don't see Richards playing all the way till 40. Just a hunch, but doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me. Not trying to promote cap circumvention(those are the rates I see him being worth in those years).

I actually don't think Dallas can afford to give him up. Ribiero is nice, and I have defended him before, but if Richards were to leave it would be a tough sell to have Ribs back at the top pivot spot going forward. That's not to say he couldn't get the job done but it would be a short term solution. Nor do I think Benn is the 1C show stopper kinda guy, maybe he'll surprise. And we have nothing coming down the pipe as of now in terms of a top line center. If the Stars trade him or let him walk it would be a harbinger or even harder times is Big D.

john skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:34 PM
john skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post

I could see Alzner being available. Maybe he wasn't then, and for good reason. But he has not progressed like people had expected. If Dallas sweetened the pot somehow I think Alzner could be had. That's just my guess, you caps fans probably have more recent info. But you guys could use Richards. Top line, and then Richards Semin fleischmann(cause Knuble would be on the top line?) or Fehr or what ever, it would be crazy. But the salary pretty much makes any deal with the Caps impossible.

john skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:41 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john skull View Post
I could see Alzner being available. Maybe he wasn't then, and for good reason. But he has not progressed like people had expected. If Dallas sweetened the pot somehow I think Alzner could be had. That's just my guess, you caps fans probably have more recent info. But you guys could use Richards. Top line, and then Richards Semin fleischmann(cause Knuble would be on the top line?) or Fehr or what ever, it would be crazy. But the salary pretty much makes any deal with the Caps impossible.
Alzner isn't available now. There's been nothing wrong with his progress, no change in value from then to now. Him not being in the NHL wasn't really about him, it was about the organization's annoying desire to keep marginal depth around at the expense of developing young, waiver-exempt players.

Old
09-24-2010, 08:54 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

I thought Dallas is doing a bit of a rebuild? If that's true one of Ribeiro or Richards are gone by the trade deadline.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
I thought Dallas is doing a bit of a rebuild? If that's true one of Ribeiro or Richards are gone by the trade deadline.
With regards to Ribeiro, his name was more or less on the block all summer with out any real takers. At the deadline might be a different story though. I can really only see Ribeiro's value getting higher around the deadline.

Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
This, tampa has set themselves up very nicely with the cap, if brad can come back to the lightning for 4.5m~.
I'll eat my own goddamned head if Brad Richards is available this summer for so little. He's going to be in the $6.5, $7M, $7.5M class again. Now he might go to Tampa Bay, but not for a pittance. He's still a hell of a player and is paid accordingly. I would guess he re-signs in Dallas around January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john skull View Post
I could see Alzner being available. Maybe he wasn't then, and for good reason. But he has not progressed like people had expected. If Dallas sweetened the pot somehow I think Alzner could be had. That's just my guess, you caps fans probably have more recent info.
Your take on Alzner, and the Capitals' faith in him, is way off. The Caps were up against the cap, Alzner was expensive, and he was waiver exempt. So he played half the year in Hershey. He hasn't regressed. He's improving. He was a major player on the Caps in the Stanley Cup playoffs, dominant in the Calder Cup playoffs en route to a second straight championship, and he's set to be a top-four player this season in Washington.

Alzner isn't flashy, he doesn't score points, and he doesn't log powerplay time. He just makes the right play time and time again. They love him, and they aren't going to trade him, not for Pronger a year ago, not for Richards now.

In any event, the cost in trade for Richards is going to be too high for any club that knows for a certainty that it can't afford to re-sign him. Washington is such a team.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:41 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Tampa please...

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Brad Richards' fate depends on the Stars' ownership situation, I'd think.

Tom Hicks' sports empire is a financial mess. If the Stars are out of it and not sold, I'd be shocked if they keep his salary around past the deadline. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved well before the deadline.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote