HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

the post game thread

Old
09-22-2010, 09:11 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
I want to start and talk about Maxwell. I'll just let it that way:
That guy is never going to be an NHLer. He's so freakin' scared of going in the corners it's not even funny. When things get rougher, he just hides and is nowhere to be seen. As for his play with the puck, well unfortunately he has very little creativity. His plays all seem like they're "pre-registered".

From the other guys, I loved Tinordi. The kid is huge, quick, and definitely did great for a 18 years old guy playing in an under-18 tournament last season.

Leblanc: This kid is a can't-miss prospect. He never gives up... NEVER. He's always battling back and fighting for every inch, and he's going to be a great one for us.

Palushaj: Was great in the 1st, a little less spectacular after this, but he did good. He still needs one year down in Hamilton though. He needs to get stronger on his lower body and to get even better hockey smarts. I've got to say many aspects of his game are at an NHL-level though.

Plekanec: Looked great out there. Even faster and quicker than before, and the puck just sticks to his stick. He's really a great player, and I expect big things from him this season.

Halpern: He was the best player on his line. He was gritty, clever without the puck, and was battling hard for every inch. I really think he should start next season playing with Pyatt and Lapierre. Those two guys could be his legs, and I feel he needs player like those to produce as well as he can. Definitely a good get IMHO.

Pouliot was good. Despite his mistake, he was dangerous, but the kid obviously needs to get his confidence back.

Lapierre might have a better attitude, he clearly lacked legs towards the end of the game.

Pyatt is definitely a player who's going to be important for us, and he'll be a great defensive forward. However, he's still young and made some mistakes, including that time when he let poor Tinordi all alone in his zone during a change with two Bruins forechecking in the second period.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
i don't care if it's pre-season or not, losing is unacceptable. this is their job and they're getting payed to win. of course this shouldn't be taken too seriously but it shouldn't be taken lightly. Rassk was hot tonight but hot goaltenders can make players lose their confidence.

like i said before, don't take it too lightly.
Hum hum... yeah...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
If he keeps up playing like this, Palushaj will make decision time quite hard for the hockey heads up high. He is explosive, quick on his skates and makes others look slow. He might be a steal! Pouliot should worry now...

What we needed most were quick outlet passes tonight: having a Markov or a Subban or both back there and the game would have been quite different. We had quick forwards with slower D's in the back.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Thanks guys, well at least it seems that there is a clear line between the good and bad.

Glad the kids played well, heres hoping the fans arent expecting them to break the line up soon though, from what I'm reading none of them is 100% nhl ready.

Did Price look rusty? Or was his confidence building as the game went on.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRic View Post
The Good : Plekanec, Cammalleri, Lapierre, Palushaj, Leblanc, Gorges, Tinordi, Pouliot, Maxwell
The Bad : Dumont, St-Denis, Moen
Disappointments : Gill, Spacek, Price, Weber, Halpern
You really think Dumont was bad?? I thought he was actually quite decent for one of our younger players on the ice. He's very gritty and always seems to want to get his nose dirty.

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Too bad they didn't dress Seguin. Would have really liked to see how he stacks up against our young guys.
I thought Pierre mentioned he was in tonight?

If that wasn't the case, that explains why I thought he was invisible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
You really think Dumont was bad?? I thought he was actually quite decent for one of our younger players on the ice. He's very gritty and always seems to want to get his nose dirty.
Agreed. I thought Dumont was good enough as well tonight, would like to see some more of him.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Cammalleri- Nobody in this room is booing Price. If you guys want to support the Team, Jump along the boat and support EVERYONE. Nothing really matters right now. I have a Job and it starts October 7th. All this is warmup.

Thats what i call a winner.
****in' eh

Quote:
Too bad they didn't dress Seguin. Would have really liked to see how he stacks up against our young guys.
He dressed

Lord Chezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habsfanwpg27*

I have a feeling weber may be on his way out, he ain't doing to hot and he just isn't big enough, I rather have him on the 4th line.

habsfanwpg27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
That guy is never going to be an NHLer. He's so freakin' scared of going in the corners it's not even funny. When things get rougher, he just hides and is nowhere to be seen. As for his play with the puck, well unfortunately he has very little creativity. His plays all seem like they're "pre-registered".

From the other guys, I loved Tinordi. The kid is huge, quick, and definitely did great for a 18 years old guy playing in an under-18 tournament last season.

Leblanc: This kid is a can't-miss prospect. He never gives up... NEVER. He's always battling back and fighting for every inch, and he's going to be a great one for us.

Palushaj: Was great in the 1st, a little less spectacular after this, but he did good. He still needs one year down in Hamilton though. He needs to get stronger on his lower body and to get even better hockey smarts. I've got to say many aspects of his game are at an NHL-level though.

Plekanec: Looked great out there. Even faster and quicker than before, and the puck just sticks to his stick. He's really a great player, and I expect big things from him this season.

Halpern: He was the best player on his line. He was gritty, clever without the puck, and was battling hard for every inch. I really think he should start next season playing with Pyatt and Lapierre. Those two guys could be his legs, and I feel he needs player like those to produce as well as he can. Definitely a good get IMHO.

Pouliot was good. Despite his mistake, he was dangerous, but the kid obviously needs to get his confidence back.

Lapierre might have a better attitude, he clearly lacked legs towards the end of the game.

Pyatt is definitely a player who's going to be important for us, and he'll be a great defensive forward. However, he's still young and made some mistakes, including that time when he let poor Tinordi all alone in his zone during a change with two Bruins forechecking in the second period.
I agree with every single point(except Maxwell, thought he was good), expect that I thought Palushaj had good hockey sense in that he knew where to be on the ice to get noticed in a good way, he always seemed to be around the right spots.

I agree with Pouliot as well, he was dangerous, love his shot.

Also Halpern isnt as slow as what people made him seem to be, his speed fit just fine.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Cammalleri- Nobody in this room is booing Price. If you guys want to support the Team, Jump along the boat and support EVERYONE. Nothing really matters right now. I have a Job and it starts October 7th. All this is warmup.

Thats awesome to hear.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
le_sean

Quote:
I actually saw him go in the corner and he made beautiful passes, like the one to Pouliot in the 1st (when Pouliot drove right into the net).

I'm usually really down on Maxwell but he was awesome tonight. Showed offensive creativity, which he never has, and didn't fall down once, which he usually does.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I thought Pierre mentioned he was in tonight?

If that wasn't the case, that explains why I thought he was invisible.
I can assure you that he played.

Lord Chezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:14 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Honestly - are you serious? It seems like you have preconceived notions about guys like Gorges and Maxwell and just constantly repeat them instead of watching them play. I have no idea if Maxwell will ever become a consistent NHLer but he played a great game tonight, I don't see how you can possibly deny that.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He actually played and got an assist. I didn't realize he played until I just heard it on TSN.

Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
I'm confused.

Are you talking about tonight's Maxwell or 2009-2010 Maxwell? Because both are considerably different.

Old
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:

Nice ! where did he say this?

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:

Great for Cammalleri to stick up for Price.. Shows leadership and quotes like that make for good captain material...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:15 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
No actually offense was the difference... Boston capitalized Montreal didn't
Hey man, whatever makes you sleep better.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:16 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
Nice ! where did he say this?
Just heard it on CKAC. Normally after Game-Days at 11;30'ish they replay the Interviews w/Players & Coach if you guys are intrested.

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:17 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I don't understand why he put Halpern in the "ugly" column. He's a vet with many qualities, and is going to be important for our bottom-6. People should understand the bottom-6 is made for experienced players nowadays, unless you're a special case like Pyatt or White.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I wouldn't touch that one if I were you, man, you won't get far.

Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Two first goals were bad, two breakways bergeron took him to school. If it had been one of our players we wouldn't blame the other goalie for letting in a weak goal we'd praise our player for having great hands.

I thought the first two goals were bad though, but wtv it's pre-season, Halak played bad as well the other night and Backstrom let in 5 goals on his first 15 shots, he finished the night with 13 of 18 saves. These guys will be fine when the season starts.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kebekoi

Sanford was good.
Spacek and Gill are back to their turd form.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:19 PM
SonOfGom

I would love it if Cammalleri had actually called those people overly dramatic ninnies, basically.

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

And Moen was......where was Moen?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote