HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

is the play by play restaurant open for tonite?

Old
09-23-2010, 11:31 AM
tailgunner

vCash: 500
is the play by play restaurant open for tonite?

with renovations starting soon is the play by play open now

tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 11:43 AM
thesnake

The Play by Play is closed for good. It is not reopening.

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 11:45 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
The Play by Play is closed for good. It is not reopening.
Yea renovations killed it. shame. Was a great place to watch a USA World Cup Qualifier.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Does anyone know any places in NY that have a good Octoberfest going on? I would love to get me some good German food and of course a few pints.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Does anyone know any places in NY that have a good Octoberfest going on? I would love to get me some good German food and of course a few pints.
Id say my house(you dont even want to know how German we are), but:
Zum Stammtisch
6946 Myrtle Ave

It costs $45 and includes seating, meal (3 course, if I remember correctly), and all the festivities therein. I doubt it includes beer though.

If you want in, you need to call in and leave a $20 deposit to reserve seating.

It will take place Mon - Thurs of the first 2 weeks in October (4th-7th, 11th-14th).

or you could call these guys http://www.cafesteinhof.com/
Good food/ awesome beer.

or call these guys:
http://www.schnitzelhausny.com/

There was supposed to be an Oktoberfest in Brooklyn Bridge Park, but I dunno what happened to that

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:03 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Zum Stammtisch in Glendale, Queens. Best German food in the city, and one of the few places in all of Queens that Zagat bothers to rate.

As for the Play By Play, that whole lobby area up the front escalators have been gutted down to studs and ducts, so yeah, i think its history. You can see what they are doing if you look up when you are on the steps that lead to where they check bags.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:07 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
with renovations starting soon is the play by play open now
"Please Pardon Our Appearance" as we transform The World's Most Famous Arena into the world's most state-of-the-art arena.

Hi broadwayblue,

It's time for some hockey! We couldn't be more excited as we enter the 2010-11 New York Rangers season and celebrate our 85th Anniversary! The tradition, passion and loyalty that defines the blueshirt faithful begins with you! There is tremendous excitement surrounding the upcoming season which promises to be an unforgettable experience for the entire Rangers family. We thank you for being a valued season subscriber and look forward to sharing many exciting moments with you at The Garden this season!

As you know, Madison Square Garden is currently undergoing a comprehensive, top-to-bottom Transformation that will dramatically enhance the experience for all of our guests. We are well on our way, as you will soon see, on a project that will continue until the 2013-14 season to transform The World's Most Famous Arena into the world's most state-of-the-art arena. Over the past several months construction workers have been working around the clock completing the necessary structural work to prepare for the massive changes ahead. Some of this work will continue throughout the season. We are taking all possible steps to minimize disruptions to fans, however this will mean some changes this season to your Rangers experience.

Over the next couple months there will be construction related activity in the North and South Concierge areas of The Garden. As a result, please note the following:

The Play-by-Play Restaurant has now been permanently closed

The Club Bar & Grill will be temporarily closed during the pre-season (reopening in early October)

The escalators and Terrace level outside the club will also be temporarily closed

Until further notice, we ask that all Subscribers and guests with Club Level seating enter The Garden through the main box office lobby. Also, as a reminder, when fully operational, only those Subscribers and guests who have purchased Club Level Seats and/or Suites have access to the North and South Concierge entrances.

We will continue to provide ongoing updates throughout the Transformation process. There will also be additional staff on site throughout the course of the Transformation to assist with any questions and help direct you around areas that may be temporarily out of service. If you have any questions, please call your Dedicated Account Executive or the Season Subscriptions Department at 212-465-6050. For answers to many frequently asked questions, please visit us online.

Sincerely,

Scott O'Neil
President, Madison Square Garden Sports

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 06:56 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
There is a place in 44th and 10th. Halo Berlin. Great place.

Old
09-24-2010, 07:39 PM
biggs98

Cafe 31 is a GREAT place to go before a game

biggs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 10:55 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
Zum Stammtisch in Glendale, Queens. Best German food in the city, and one of the few places in all of Queens that Zagat bothers to rate.

As for the Play By Play, that whole lobby area up the front escalators have been gutted down to studs and ducts, so yeah, i think its history. You can see what they are doing if you look up when you are on the steps that lead to where they check bags.

Manor Oktoberfest in Glendale and Forrest Hills is a great place as well.

Old
09-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Thanks for the great suggestions guys I will check them out.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote