HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Lounge XVIII (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2010, 04:46 PM
  #26
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I especially listen symphonic metal, some from my favourite songs:

NIGHTWISH-The Phantom of the Opera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os_y7jtUBZw
NIGHTWISH-Creek Mary's Blood (MY FAVOURITE): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33bRVPpZ6BI
EPICA-Living and lie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4K1LVQ2nus
EPICA-The Phantom Agony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aLwkFInSgw
RHAPSODY&CHRISTOPHER LEE-The Magic Of The Wizard's Dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZDc0js-m2Q
and
SERJ TANKIAN&APO-Empty Walls (Julka loves it ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCEYp57HHkA
SERJ TANKIAN&APO-Sky Is Over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bb8j...next=1&index=5
SERJ TANKIAN&APO-Baby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMBCB...eature=related
Very nice taste MT, I too like Nightwish and Epica.

Timeless Winter is offline  
Old
09-29-2010, 06:15 PM
  #27
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IR with CBJ
Country: Qatar
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Serj is awesome, the symphony version of his first album is great. His second album came out a week ago, haven't gotten it yet, though

Jovavic is offline  
Old
09-29-2010, 08:48 PM
  #28
Macster
Registered User
 
Macster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Who here is a fan of electronic music?

Macster is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 03:09 AM
  #29
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
Who here is a fan of electronic music?
I like Depeche Mode and Camouflage too but you do not probably think this type of music.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 03:10 AM
  #30
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Very nice taste MT, I too like Nightwish and Epica.
I very like metal+orchestra. This is awesome.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 03:55 AM
  #31
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I especially listen symphonic metal, some from my favourite songs:

NIGHTWISH-The Phantom of the Opera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os_y7jtUBZw
NIGHTWISH-Creek Mary's Blood (MY FAVOURITE): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33bRVPpZ6BI
EPICA-Living and lie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4K1LVQ2nus
EPICA-The Phantom Agony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aLwkFInSgw
RHAPSODY&CHRISTOPHER LEE-The Magic Of The Wizard's Dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZDc0js-m2Q
and
SERJ TANKIAN&APO-Empty Walls (Julka loves it ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCEYp57HHkA
SERJ TANKIAN&APO-Sky Is Over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bb8j...next=1&index=5
SERJ TANKIAN&APO-Baby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMBCB...eature=related

Feicht is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 09:07 AM
  #32
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Feicht, do you have a circle tour in German speaking countries? Austria is next Slovakia but not Salzburg.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 12:48 PM
  #33
Happy Pony
Registered User
 
Happy Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
Which one of you did I see rocking a CBJ jersey on the corner of Lane and High? It was Tuesday around 6:30 or 6:45.

Happy Pony is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 04:24 PM
  #34
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500

mt-svk is offline  
Old
10-01-2010, 01:53 AM
  #35
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Feicht, do you have a circle tour in German speaking countries? Austria is next Slovakia but not Salzburg.


I am moving to Austria to attend Universität Salzburg. I flew to Norway and "travelled my way down" Maybe Slovakia at another time!

Feicht is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 11:10 AM
  #36
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,175
vCash: 500
Don't know how many care about the Columbus Symphony, but I just met the new music director and he's a French-Canadian and a big hockey fan. He declined to offer an opinion on the Jackets roster/play/chances, and admitted he's not that familiar with the team, but he did mention Nash's highlight goal.

http://www.dispeker.com/page/zeitouni.html

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 11:18 AM
  #37
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Don't know how many care about the Columbus Symphony, but I just met the new music director and he's a French-Canadian and a big hockey fan. He declined to offer an opinion on the Jackets roster/play/chances, and admitted he's not that familiar with the team, but he did mention Nash's highlight goal.

http://www.dispeker.com/page/zeitouni.html
I care, and I sure as hell hope the fools running it treat the new guy better than they did the two maestros who preceded him! Until I see that, they'll get no money from me.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
  #38
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I care, and I sure as hell hope the fools running it treat the new guy better than they did the two maestros who preceded him! Until I see that, they'll get no money from me.
I'll be honest I'm not sure I trust them but there seems to be an understanding that they need to concentrate on music-making. I do know that, unlike the previous maestro, Zeitouni will live here in Columbus.

Double-Shift Lassé is offline  
Old
10-06-2010, 03:21 PM
  #39
Juneemoon
Registered User
 
Juneemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,311
vCash: 500
Did you know that HF Boards has a twitter and that some of the things people write on here are linked on it? Imagine my surprise when I found it and saw something I wrote on there. (And No, it wasn't about Filatov!)

http://twitter.com/HFBoards

Juneemoon is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 09:35 PM
  #40
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 14,909
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
P.S. Somebody do the GDTs. Been reduced to blackberry internet for the weekend.

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline  
Old
10-12-2010, 12:30 PM
  #41
CBJFan in Cincy
Registered User
 
CBJFan in Cincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Country: United States
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
If anyone has a chance, don't miss Muse tonight in Columbus. I saw them last night in Cincy and it was an amazing show.

CBJFan in Cincy is offline  
Old
10-12-2010, 12:41 PM
  #42
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 16,981
vCash: 500
thanks...i'll be there tonight...looking forward to it, i don't know much about them...other than their couple of hits

Fro is offline  
Old
10-12-2010, 02:21 PM
  #43
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IR with CBJ
Country: Qatar
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Had to give up my tickets, no babysitter. What was the set list like?

Jovavic is offline  
Old
10-12-2010, 02:40 PM
  #44
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
If you want to be preserved for life, eat McDonalds

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...for-six-months

BluejacketNut is offline  
Old
10-12-2010, 03:18 PM
  #45
CBJFan in Cincy
Registered User
 
CBJFan in Cincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Country: United States
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Had to give up my tickets, no babysitter. What was the set list like?
1. Uprising
2. Map of the Problematique
3. Newborn
4. Supermassive Black Hole
5. Resistance
6. Interlude + Hysteria
7. Nishe
8. United States of Eurasia
9. Feeling Good
10. MK Jam (?) + Undisclosed Desires
11. Time is Running Out
12. Starlight
13. Plug in Baby
—-
14. Overture
15. Stockholm Syndrome
16. Man with a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

CBJFan in Cincy is offline  
Old
10-12-2010, 03:19 PM
  #46
CBJFan in Cincy
Registered User
 
CBJFan in Cincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Country: United States
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
thanks...i'll be there tonight...looking forward to it, i don't know much about them...other than their couple of hits
My wife only knew one or two songs and loved the show.

CBJFan in Cincy is offline  
Old
10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
  #47
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 16,981
vCash: 500
after getting off the plane a couple days ago, a song called stockholm syndrome sounds just perfect lol

Fro is offline  
Old
10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
  #48
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IR with CBJ
Country: Qatar
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan in Cincy View Post
1. Uprising
2. Map of the Problematique
3. Newborn
4. Supermassive Black Hole
5. Resistance
6. Interlude + Hysteria
7. Nishe
8. United States of Eurasia
9. Feeling Good
10. MK Jam (?) + Undisclosed Desires
11. Time is Running Out
12. Starlight
13. Plug in Baby
—-
14. Overture
15. Stockholm Syndrome
16. Man with a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia
Thanks, so many better songs were not played (Origin and Showbiz are my favorite albums)

Jovavic is offline  
Old
10-12-2010, 10:26 PM
  #49
Socks
SharkCat Knows
 
Socks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: He Knows
Country: United States
Posts: 7,167
vCash: 500
Anybody else watching the miners get rescued? One up so far, and his little son was sobbing he was so happy to see his dad. Broke my heart.

Socks is offline  
Old
10-13-2010, 02:00 AM
  #50
plong123
Litebrite Stinger
 
plong123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Stretchrunston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
Did you know that HF Boards has a twitter and that some of the things people write on here are linked on it? Imagine my surprise when I found it and saw something I wrote on there. (And No, it wasn't about Filatov!)

http://twitter.com/HFBoards
That is insane. I checked that link, and the HF feed tweets look like gobbledygook.

plong123 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.