HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Lounge XVIII (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2011, 03:20 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

vCash: 500
I demand mob justice! Quick, before we come to our senses!

Old
07-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
HLN prints money by whipping their audience into a THEY'RE GUILTY! frenzy. I am enjoying the outrage online of the HLN audience.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Living in Florida, the Casey Anthony case is getting a lot of play -- and the info coming out is better than the stuff plastered by the national media. I see a fair view of things, unlike those of you forced to rely on CNN and Faux News and all of that.

CA is guilty as sin for killing little Kaylee, but the comedy is her defense attorney, Jose Baez, the "I got a GED so I could go to law school and I also like to dodge child support payments" idiot who is a complete and utter fool. His performance at his profession makes XGMDM look like a front office god during his time with the CBJ. (Yeah, I just went there! Seriously!)
Whats that tell you about the prosecutor who couldnt get the guilty plea against her?

Old
07-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 5533
Nancy Grace reportedly said that the devil is dancing tonight. Nancy, this is for you

Old
07-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

but, but the judicial system is political talk right?

i didn't watch any of the trial, everything i have been told is that the evidence was circumstantial at best and prosecution was pretty inept...

Old
07-06-2011, 08:00 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

How to get acquitted of killing your child.

1: Spin numerous lies to everyone, family, friends, etc about your childs absence.

2: Have parents who wait as long as they did to report your actions to the police.

3: Spin lies to the police, forcing them to follow up on them, buying time for the body to be doctored, hidden and decompose.

4: Garner support by having your fresh from night school attorney make outlandish claims of **** and abuse.

5: Refuse to take the stand

Congratulations, you've been acquitted of Murder 1.

Old
07-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Been watching too much HLN, eh, Keith?

Old
07-06-2011, 11:19 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Been watching too much HLN, eh, Keith?
I've watched a little bit of it...

Little at the beginning and some the last few days

Old
07-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

I know it's just for tv ratings, but it still burns me up when all these talking heads are flabbergasted that Casey Anthony has changed her appearance after the trial. These so called "experts" don't know that is one of the first things done to make a defendant look more appealing to the jury? Really?

Old
07-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Nancy Grace got her highest rating ever for the post-Not Guilty announcement show.

Now to just sit back for the next White Girl Missing case they decide is the next one to bank on.

Old
07-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Astonishingly, I still don't care about this or any of the other umpteen billion "trials of the century".

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
07-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

On a happier note -- just back from a boys' weekend on the lake in Coldwater, Mich. Boats, steaks, beers, cigars, sleep, repeat. Gold. DSL needed that.

Old
07-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Pretty bummed out here guys....

Playing in a summer league 2 weeks ago, my left knee locked up on me as I went to make a save on a breakaway. Went to see an orthopedic, who then sent me for an MRI. Was told by the orthopedic that I have a torn lateral meniscus and that something doesn't look right with my ACL. I was then referred to an orthopedic surgeon and have an appointment with him this week.

I can run fine (just ran 5.5 miles today) and can ride a stationary bike fine too, but I'm worried about my knee locking up on me again if I go back on the ice.

I'm hoping all I need is to have arthroscopic surgery and have my knee scoped. From what I've read, and based on how long NHL goalies have been out following arthroscopic surgery on the meniscus, I should be 100% within 2 weeks and ready for training camp to start in the end of August if all I need is to have it scoped.

I'm heading into my senior year of college and my final year of competitive hockey....if I have to have surgery on my ACL I'm going to be devastated...

Last edited by Goaliemon89: 07-10-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old
07-10-2011, 09:06 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

That sucks, Steve. Hoping for the best.

Old
07-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

thinking positive thoughts for ya G.M.!

Old
07-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Eek. Good luck with the docs and hope things get better...

Old
07-11-2011, 06:54 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Best wishes, Goaliemon, age and conditioning are on your side. Work hard at your rehab and you'll be back in no time.

Old
07-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Living in Florida, I got better news coverage of the Casey Anthony trial. The national media coverage was terrible. (Shocking, I know!)

I'm kind of glad it's over with. I hate the verdict, but she'll get hers in time. Karma can be a meanie. For her sake, I hope she truly changes and becomes a better person, but somehow, I doubt it, using OJ as a basis for this rationality.

Old
07-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Whats that tell you about the prosecutor who couldnt get the guilty plea against her?
I was flabbergasted, but at the same time, I stand back and realize one key thing: I had access to information through the media (such as daily court proceedings) that the jury was shielded on. From that standpoint, I cannot fault the jury. They're sequestered, know nothing, etc., and they go by what they see. But I saw a lot more and thus based my opinion on that.

I still think the defense attorney is an idiot and unethical as heck, but that said, I also have to be fair and understand that he did step up when it counted: when the jury was in the room.

Old
07-11-2011, 11:21 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
I was flabbergasted, but at the same time, I stand back and realize one key thing: I had access to information through the media (such as daily court proceedings) that the jury was shielded on. From that standpoint, I cannot fault the jury. They're sequestered, know nothing, etc., and they go by what they see. But I saw a lot more and thus based my opinion on that.

I still think the defense attorney is an idiot and unethical as heck, but that said, I also have to be fair and understand that he did step up when it counted: when the jury was in the room.
I've served on a grand jury twice, so i've definitely seen some good, and bad prosecutors. Sounds like this one was a turd. And yes, the defense attorney may be a hack, but he was a better hack then the prosecutor in this case...sad state for Florida

Old
07-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Appreciate all the support guys.

Turns out I do need arthroscopic surgery for my torn lateral meniscus, and I also need to have surgery on my ACL, as it is partially torn. Doctor is very surprised I can run on it.

I guess I have 2 options: Get both of the surgeries done now and be out for my senior season, or just have the arthroscopic surgery and try to wear a brace, hold off until March for the ACL surgery, and pray my ACL doesn't pop on me.

Obviously I'm gunna go down fightin. If you have any reccomendations (or know anyone who might) on the best brace to keep my ACL in one piece until March, send them my way

Old
07-13-2011, 03:51 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
Appreciate all the support guys.

Turns out I do need arthroscopic surgery for my torn lateral meniscus, and I also need to have surgery on my ACL, as it is partially torn. Doctor is very surprised I can run on it.

I guess I have 2 options: Get both of the surgeries done now and be out for my senior season, or just have the arthroscopic surgery and try to wear a brace, hold off until March for the ACL surgery, and pray my ACL doesn't pop on me.

Obviously I'm gunna go down fightin. If you have any reccomendations (or know anyone who might) on the best brace to keep my ACL in one piece until March, send them my way
Have you tried being a superhuman world-class athlete like Albert Pujols ? A torn ACL would keep him out for like two weeks tops

Old
07-13-2011, 03:52 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...5&postcount=87

Old
07-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
A classic. Thanks for the reminder!

Old
07-13-2011, 08:31 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
A classic. Thanks for the reminder!
From me, too! Interesting because of the location, Oberlin, and that it was a few years before Joe Morello joined the group and the signature time changes became more prominent in their playing. Great stuff! Nobody better than Desmond!

Closed Thread