HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Lounge XVIII (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2010, 04:45 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Anyone going to the STH meet and greet at the zoo, tonight?

Old
10-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

What's worse than your car breaking down and winding up in a Chipotle parking lot? Your car breaking down and winding up in a Chipotle parking lot and you've already eaten dinner.

Old
10-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Anybody else watching the miners get rescued? One up so far, and his little son was sobbing he was so happy to see his dad. Broke my heart.

I have watched alot of it I could tell you about the miners I am adicted and so happy to be watching such a amazing thing happen

I forgot

CHI-CHI-CHI, EL-EL-E, LOS MINEROS DE CHILE!

Old
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Wow - how could someone sink so low as to taunt a dying seven year old girl?

Old
10-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
i went...pretty decent time...thought it was interesting that they cut off at 250 autographs per set of players...but still got a lot on my training camp tshirt to hopefully finish off and frame for the basement

Old
10-14-2010, 01:31 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i went...pretty decent time...thought it was interesting that they cut off at 250 autographs per set of players...but still got a lot on my training camp tshirt to hopefully finish off and frame for the basement
I thought it was a much better event, this year, than it had been in the past. The setup, including the covered area and seating, was improved, and having the coach's radio show done live from the stage was a nice touch. I don't collect autographs, so I don't know how that compared, but the player intro was well done and gave everyone a chance to see the players up close and without the distortion of skates and pads. That they all were in their sweaters was helpful in identifying the less-well known or newer players, too. All in all, it was a nice event and a great kickoff to the season. To top it off, the evening was perfect and the zoo looked especially beautiful at night!

Old
10-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Any of the OSU Boardies know what's up with all the nerf guns?

10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
We went and ended up on the video on the CBJ website.

Old
10-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Any of the OSU Boardies know what's up with all the nerf guns?
Zombies V Humans again?

Old
10-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Zombies V Humans again?
This is probably what it is. I wasn't used to it either, until I saw it for like the forth time

Old
10-17-2010, 06:00 PM
mossylog
Go jackets

have to give a story about my family and i involving the jackets. first off we went to the developmental camp all week this year and just another great thing about hockey players. derek dorsett was on the ice the first day and my 7 year old son is with me and he gives him his stick and leaves the ice. it made our day. i would like to thank him for that. final story-- we came up from zville for the opener without tickets and i drop off my wife at the box office and go park. only tix availible were 75 a piece. so she went outside to find some and did 30 apiece for three. went to boston pizza and got in, in 10 minutes which is fast and we were happy. 6:45 we walk to go in nationwide and the tickets were bad. stood in line at customer service and was told the same. i was furious and went outside, straight to the guy i bought tickets from and went off. i never get to mad and i didn't know why i did. so after going off and telling this guy i want my money back and he did. within 5 feet of walking away a nice lady and her two daughters (she worked for nationwide) offerered me three tickets (90 a piece club) for free!! i offerered her money she said no and something else i don't normally do i teared up walking to our seats. such a range of emotions in a span of an hour. so i would like to thank that lady for helping us out. god was with us on the opener and cant wait to get back up there again.

Old
10-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Handyy

Hey all. I'm currently at Oahu, Hawaii (North Shore) just chillin' out here couple of days, then couple in Waikiki area and then off to mainland. Anyone from this board is in Miami area? Me and my friend are going to Stars at Panthers game 21st and if someone is around, would be cool to grab some beers in a local bar.

Old
10-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Handyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I have presents for you when you get back :d have fun

Old
10-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Happy Pony

I was delayed twice yesterday by Obama, got to see his motorcade though which was cool.

Old
10-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer"

I just got this from browsing around HF. I knew this place wasn't good for your computer, but damn.

Also, sometimes if I leave it open without touching it for awhile, it will transfer me to a google images page with some weird link in the search box(usually "pixelhost" if that helps). Anyone know anything about this?

Old
10-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Sounds like you've got a hijacker program that has taken over your browser.

Old
10-20-2010, 04:34 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Did the Hockey Hall of Fame today, repping the CBJ with my Russell shirzee. Pretty awesome, especially seeing one of Jake's jerseys from the first CBJ playoff game in the Central Division display.

Also, because the place was dead, I got to play the shootout game (shooting physical pucks against a virtual goalie) a number of times. In 7 or 8 tries, I had three hat tricks. I challenge anyone to beat that, especially seeing as I'd never shot a hockey puck before the first go.

Old
10-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Gulvorn

We're supposed to get hit by a very big storm this afternoon. They said wind gusts could be around 60 mph. I just hope it isn't as bad as the storm a couple of years ago from the remnants of Hurricane Fay or w/e where the power went out for almost 2 weeks. I live in the woods and the last time that huge wind storm blew through, a couple houses in the surrounding streets had trees blown onto their houses and one of those houses they had to demolish completely.

Old
10-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
We're supposed to get hit by a very big storm this afternoon. They said wind gusts could be around 60 mph. I just hope it isn't as bad as the storm a couple of years ago from the remnants of Hurricane Fay or w/e where the power went out for almost 2 weeks. I live in the woods and the last time that huge wind storm blew through, a couple houses in the surrounding streets had trees blown onto their houses and one of those houses they had to demolish completely.
I'm a bit of a weather nerd, so this storm that's brewing to our west has definitely got my attention. It's looking like it's going to be really dicey after about 1PM. If you can put away any items in your yard that could become flying objects, you might want to do that before lunch.

Keep an eye to the sky and be careful out there, folks.

Last edited by Matt Foley: 10-26-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old
10-26-2010, 10:21 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Gonna snow up here today. Saw some stray flakes on the way home. Could get 10 inches. woooooooooooooooooooo

Old
10-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Gulvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I'm a bit of a weather nerd, so this storm that's brewing to our west has definitely got my attention. It's looking like it's going to be really dicey after about 1PM. If you can put away any items in your yard that could become flying objects, you might want to do that before lunch.

Keep an eye to the sky and be careful out there, folks.
I'm just concerned about the trees. I have this huge oak tree right over my room that I'm always worried is going to topple over and land on me. It's a strong tree but they have been known to snap about halfway up when the wind gusts get to 60-80 mph like it is expected today.

Old
10-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Quote:
I'm just concerned about the trees. I have this huge oak tree right over my room that I'm always worried is going to topple over and land on me. It's a strong tree but they have been known to snap about halfway up when the wind gusts get to 60-80 mph like it is expected today.
The winds from this storm are coming from the S - SW (the same direction as the hurricane winds came from a couple of years ago), so hopefully your house isn't immediately north of the tree.

What was so bad about the hurricane winds in 2008 was that they were very intense for a relatively long period of time (about 6 hours). The most intense winds today shouldn't last anywhere near that long, so hopefully everything will be OK for you.

Old
10-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Gulvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
The winds from this storm are coming from the S - SW (the same direction as the hurricane winds came from a couple of years ago), so hopefully your house isn't immediately north of the tree.

What was so bad about the hurricane winds in 2008 was that they were very intense for a relatively long period of time (about 6 hours). The most intense winds today shouldn't last anywhere near that long, so hopefully everything will be OK for you.
It doesn't really matter. The house is flanked by several large trees. One is a medium size tree, probably about 75 feet on the SE corner of the house, one is a large 110-120 ft plus oak on the SW corner of the house, and there is a really thick old tree thats about 90-100 feet tall on the north side of the house.

The sad thing is that we've had a lot of the trees removed but theres still those 3 big ones. There used to be 4 medium sized pine trees in the front portion of the yard but they were causing electrical fires from the electrical lines and the tree next to my room had another oak right next to it that had to be taken down because it was dying from being sufficated in the rooted by the other tree and this one was only slightly smaller than the oak.

And there was a tree a little further down past the house that got taken down by lightning a couple years ago and it landed on the pool fence and took half the fence down.

Old
10-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Quote:
It doesn't really matter. The house is flanked by several large trees. One is a medium size tree, probably about 75 feet on the SE corner of the house, one is a large 110-120 ft plus oak on the SW corner of the house, and there is a really thick old tree thats about 90-100 feet tall on the north side of the house.

The sad thing is that we've had a lot of the trees removed but theres still those 3 big ones. There used to be 4 medium sized pine trees in the front portion of the yard but they were causing electrical fires from the electrical lines and the tree next to my room had another oak right next to it that had to be taken down because it was dying from being sufficated in the rooted by the other tree and this one was only slightly smaller than the oak.

And there was a tree a little further down past the house that got taken down by lightning a couple years ago and it landed on the pool fence and took half the fence down.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I think I used every Boy Scout knot I could think of in tying down my kids' trampoline to our fence. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I did them right.

Old
10-26-2010, 12:01 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
Hey all. I'm currently at Oahu, Hawaii (North Shore) just chillin' out here couple of days, then couple in Waikiki area and then off to mainland. Anyone from this board is in Miami area? Me and my friend are going to Stars at Panthers game 21st and if someone is around, would be cool to grab some beers in a local bar.
How are you liking/did you like Oahu? I was there at the end of August/start of September...pretty awesome!

Closed Thread