HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Lounge XVIII (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2011, 12:14 PM
BluejacketNut

vCash: 500
The market is completely manipulated, with hedge funds being able to actually move prices, and analysts being able to upgrade and downgrade to get in where they want to. I was somewhat hoping for an 08 type drop as well for my 401k to make some adjustments to take advantage of the prices. Im not retiring for quite some time, so im not concerned about drops, just look at them as buying opportunities.

I actually ended up putting more into SINA, i've been in it for a bit and have lost a good amount, but BIDU has now bailed out of the microblogging world in China and its left to Sina and one other, with SINA having the large majority of the market share. When they release Weibo (Chinese Twitter) as a commercial property, the potential for the stock is huge. So i wanted to jump in at the lower price, I needed lnkd to drop below $80 to get the number of shares I wanted, but it didnt happen. I too have a small amount of money in there, but its fun trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents!

Old
08-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Flames aren't as essential as fuzzy dice, though.
Pimp it up.

Old
08-09-2011, 02:13 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
Why? Do you think Umby is seriously asking for help? He just said:
I don't know who to get more annoyed at. Umby for wanting 9k followers by camp (big f'ing deal) or someone posting his request on here. And, seriously, I love Umby.

Hist post was clearly asking for me people. So, yes, he was asking for "help". An all-alert tweet fest.

I like twitter, I don't like people that think they need 9k followers. I do, however, like the sports figures that donate to charity for each new follower.

Old
08-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
This latest tangent doesn't really have a place in this thread. Sorry

08-10-2011, 01:35 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
This latest tangent doesn't really have a place in this thread. Sorry
So I guess you didn't move it over to the arena discussion eh? Did you not like the location or just the posts? You really don't have to answer.

Old
08-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Skraut

Old
08-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
So I guess you didn't move it over to the arena discussion eh? Did you not like the location or just the posts? You really don't have to answer.
Location. So against politics in the lounge that I've always included it in the title.

Old
08-10-2011, 02:24 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Location. So against politics in the lounge that I've always included it in the title.
You could have moved them then. Once you touch on anything arena related and finances you can claim "politics". It's nothing we haven't discussed before.

Old
08-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Quote:
You could have moved them then. Once you touch on anything arena related and finances you can claim "politics". It's nothing we haven't discussed before.
The politics board is its own separate thing (unmoderted too). No can do.

Old
08-11-2011, 08:08 AM
forktie

Are economics now politics?

Old
08-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by forktie View Post
Are economics now politics?
*Opens wallet notices the green portraits of politicians there.*

guess so...

I'd renew my HFBoards membership, but that would cost money, and money is political...

Old
08-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Hey Pete, what did you think of White Collar?? This show keeps getting better and it's the most underrated on tv right now I think.

Old
08-13-2011, 08:23 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Hey Pete, what did you think of White Collar?? This show keeps getting better and it's the most underrated on tv right now I think.
I'm with you, TW, some of the best stuff on TV this summer has been on USA - White Collar, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, etc. It was fun seeing Beau Bridges as Peter's mentor, now Neal will have to get Mozzie back in order to save Mrs. Suit! Good cast, good writing, good show!

Old
08-14-2011, 04:34 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I like symphonic metal and groups as Nightwish and Epica.
This is a great work from Epica, EPICA - Pirates Of The Caribbean - The Classical Conspiracy, great song, great album:

Old
08-14-2011, 09:49 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I like symphonic metal and groups as Nightwish and Epica.
This is a great work from Epica, EPICA - Pirates Of The Caribbean - The Classical Conspiracy, great song, great album:
Awesome. Didn't know you were into symphonic metal. Have you checked out Ensiferum yet? They're a bit more folky-viking-death metal but very entertaining. In their later stuff the vocalist screams/growls a little more than he sings, but this guy can actually sing so it's more of an artistic choice than a lack of ability.

Old
08-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Socks
HeadFake

I saw a dark blue PT Cruiser that had light blue flames running down it the other day. While the colors looked great together I still felt great sadness that such a car existed.

Old
08-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
I saw a dark blue PT Cruiser that had light blue flames running down it the other day. While the colors looked great together I still felt great sadness that such a car existed.
That car is the height of badassness right there

Old
08-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I saw a car with a "Follow me @twittername here" painted in somebody's back window a few weeks ago. I felt sad that such a thing existed.

Old
08-16-2011, 03:20 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Awesome. Didn't know you were into symphonic metal. Have you checked out Ensiferum yet? They're a bit more folky-viking-death metal but very entertaining. In their later stuff the vocalist screams/growls a little more than he sings, but this guy can actually sing so it's more of an artistic choice than a lack of ability.

Great song I did not know this group but I find more songs from it.
Do you know the song by Rhapsody with Christopher Lee?

Old
08-17-2011, 03:49 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I'm with you, TW, some of the best stuff on TV this summer has been on USA - White Collar, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, etc. It was fun seeing Beau Bridges as Peter's mentor, now Neal will have to get Mozzie back in order to save Mrs. Suit! Good cast, good writing, good show!
My wife and I are long-time fans and loyal viewers of both Burn Notice and Psych, but I have to say, White Collar has really come on strong. Definitely far better than Burn Notice now (which still has its moments). A fun, entertaining show for sure.

Old
08-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i like that necessary roughness too...kinda hokey, but its something I can watch and be entertained...

Old
08-22-2011, 12:47 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I would like to ask you. A Pens fan from Czech republic said me that Ohio and Pensylvania has rivality but he does not know the reason. Can you tell me why and whether it is right? Thanks.

Old
08-22-2011, 01:37 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I would like to ask you. A Pens fan from Czech republic said me that Ohio and Pensylvania has rivality but he does not know the reason. Can you tell me why and whether it is right? Thanks.
We are neighboring States, Eva, so it's natural for rivalries to arise. I suppose. the biggest sports-related one would be between fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns NFL teams. When the Browns were big winners, all of Ohio and much of the nearby parts of Pennsylvania and West Virginia supported them. In recent decades, the Steelers have been dominant and they have captured large fanbases in Ohio, as well as around the country. Everyone loves a winner!

Old
08-22-2011, 01:54 PM
blahblah

If you are talking modern history Pete, I'm not sure there would have been that much of a swing of fans for 3 years in the mid to late 80's. I was a Bengals fan, so I didn't pay attention to the WV vote, so I'm not 100% sure how that played out. The Kosar era didn't last that long. lol, Broncos.

However, the Browns and Steelers did have a great rivalry. Obviously it's not much of one now. Even the Bengals gave a couple of right hooks toward the Steeler side of the border.

But the Ohio and Pen rivalry is almost 99% NFL, after the Reds and the Pirates became complete after thoughts.

Old
08-22-2011, 02:41 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If you are talking modern history Pete, I'm not sure there would have been that much of a swing of fans for 3 years in the mid to late 80's. I was a Bengals fan, so I didn't pay attention to the WV vote, so I'm not 100% sure how that played out. The Kosar era didn't last that long. lol, Broncos.

However, the Browns and Steelers did have a great rivalry. Obviously it's not much of one now. Even the Bengals gave a couple of right hooks toward the Steeler side of the border.

But the Ohio and Pen rivalry is almost 99% NFL, after the Reds and the Pirates became complete after thoughts.
My "modern" may not be yours, bb! I'm not implying that everyone switched sides immediately when the Steelers began winning Super Bowls, but even the TV and radio priorities and affiliations in Eastern Ohio have changed from Browns to Steelers, over the years. In addition to the NFL, there are high school rivalries along the border, as well, in both football and basketball, not to mention OSU/Penn State in the Big Ten. But truly, at the root of enmity, is Browns/Steelers.

Closed Thread