HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Lounge XVIII (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Socks
HeadFake

vCash: 500
Okay here's a question. I was driving home today when I suddenly found myself alongside a funeral procession. They were in the left lane, I was in the right. It was not a split second deal, we were beside each other for a good five or six miles. I know that funeral processions get the right of way with regards to red lights, turns, etc. but what is the protocol for passing one? Do you pass? Or do you hang back behind/beside them? I was going slowly, though a little bit faster than them and when I suddenly was right next to the hearse I found that to be a bit uncomfortable and had to slow down again. What's the etiquette? In almost 14 years of driving, I don't think I've ever had this come up for me and I don't remember driver's ed going over this particular scenario.

Old
10-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i believe you're supposed to pull over and let them pass then continue...but not sure on a multi lane road if its the same or not

Old
10-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i believe you're supposed to pull over and let them pass then continue...but not sure on a multi lane road if its the same or not
Yeah, that was the problem, pulling over to let them pass wasn't going to work because the minute you got back out on the road you were going to catch up to them again. So then you'd have to do it all over again.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:59 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

It is awesome to read your posts in Google translator. I do not need it but sometimes I do it.

Old
10-27-2010, 07:08 PM
eljefe72

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Okay here's a question. I was driving home today when I suddenly found myself alongside a funeral procession. They were in the left lane, I was in the right. It was not a split second deal, we were beside each other for a good five or six miles. I know that funeral processions get the right of way with regards to red lights, turns, etc. but what is the protocol for passing one? Do you pass? Or do you hang back behind/beside them? I was going slowly, though a little bit faster than them and when I suddenly was right next to the hearse I found that to be a bit uncomfortable and had to slow down again. What's the etiquette? In almost 14 years of driving, I don't think I've ever had this come up for me and I don't remember driver's ed going over this particular scenario.

Old
10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe72 View Post
It's wrong but hilarious, all at the same time.

Old
10-28-2010, 08:22 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
The proper etiquette would be to go slower than the hearse. You don't pass a funeral procession ever.

Old
10-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Timeless Winter (or any other juggalos here)..

Any idea where to get Faygo in the Columbus area? Need it for a Halloween costume.

10-28-2010, 10:13 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Pass but don't forget to hold your breath. Word.

Old
10-28-2010, 10:34 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post

Any idea where to get Faygo in the Columbus area? Need it for a Halloween costume.
http://www.faygo.com/Locator.aspx

****ing magnets, how do they work?

Old
10-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post

Get more land!

Old
10-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post

I'm curious what kind of company E-Mails you your store-located results in the year 2010.

Makes me want to go back to AOL 3.4, for old times sake

Old
10-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Ha, I was never an ICP fan.

Old
10-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
I'm curious what kind of company E-Mails you your store-located results in the year 2010.

Makes me want to go back to AOL 3.4, for old times sake
AOL is for losers, n00bs, and fools. CompuServe was where it was at.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
10-28-2010, 02:27 PM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:

Kroger has Faygo, FWIW

Old
10-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Shouldn't Faygo be available in every dollar store in the land?

Old
10-29-2010, 07:42 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
AOL is for losers, n00bs, and fools. CompuServe was where it was at.
Was that before or after AOL bought CompuServe?
I was on AOL at 1200 bauds when it was a DOS program.
The real fools were the people who ran CompuServe into irrelevancy, otherwise, Cbus would have been the center of the internet universe.

Old
10-29-2010, 09:13 AM
BluejacketNut

I did technical support at Compuserve in 96-97, nothing like having 2 free accounts in the pay per minute years! I still hear modem tones and have modem init strings burned into memory

Old
10-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Renion

I still have AOL install disks -- floppies. 'Cause you never know.

Gaming in the '90s and being charged by the hour was exciting. But, no matter how high the bill got, I could always point at my older brother as an example of how bad things could really get. You're lucky, BJN. I was in heaven when AOL offered a monthly/yearly fee.

I actually miss dial-up because it was more impressive to hear it connecting. On the other hand, since I basically spent all night online, the inevitable disconnects resulted in very noisy reconnects. I always tried to smother the sound somehow. It never worked.

I think I dropped AOL for good around 2001, and never looked back. I sometimes depress myself by reading comments on their news sites. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." Alas, I think AOL's community is probably pretty representative of actual society.

Meemoooriiiieees.

Old
10-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
I'm working on tomorrow's GDT, so no one else do it, thought up a good theme.

Old
10-30-2010, 10:21 AM
blujakx
Where am I?

vCash: 463
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a good pic of RJ to photoshop but I can't find any high res ones out there. Anyone know where I could find some?

Last edited by blujakx: 10-30-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: need to learn to spell...
Old
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Is there any way...at all...to smack some sense into a friend's head that the person she's dating is full of it & she's only torturing herself?

This has been going on for almost a year now & she came to me for advice from a guy's point of view when things started getting iffy. I've given her my advice, especially seeing that, watching from afar, he's making it brutally obvious that he either has no idea what he wants or is playing her (case in point, a "meeting with an old professor" at 9pm on a Friday night instead of going out with her). It seems like she's whipped as hell & it's gone in one ear and out the other. I thought this was over with seeing as she hadn't mentioned it since May...that is, until last night.

The things we do for friends...

Old
11-01-2010, 01:56 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Is there any way...at all...to smack some sense into a friend's head that the person she's dating is full of it & she's only torturing herself?

This has been going on for almost a year now & she came to me for advice from a guy's point of view when things started getting iffy. I've given her my advice, especially seeing that, watching from afar, he's making it brutally obvious that he either has no idea what he wants or is playing her (case in point, a "meeting with an old professor" at 9pm on a Friday night instead of going out with her). It seems like she's whipped as hell & it's gone in one ear and out the other. I thought this was over with seeing as she hadn't mentioned it since May...that is, until last night.

Quick answer: no.

She asked for your advice, you gave it, she either takes it or she doesn't. All you can do now is be happy for her if it works out or be supportive if it doesn't.

Old
11-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Quick answer: no.

She asked for your advice, you gave it, she either takes it or she doesn't. All you can do now is be happy for her if it works out or be supportive if it doesn't.
THAT....I actually did the same thing recently...but they don't want to hear what you see, but that you see it the way they want to...either way, its gonna blow up on you no matter what you do

Old
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post

Take it from someone in a similar age range: Whatever you do, don't say anything too critical.

99% of the time people ask you for advice, they've already got their mind made up and are only looking for you to validate their opinion. This is especially true of these situations. As good of a friend as she may be, she's prob. not going to listen to you.

Best to not emotionally invest yourself in the situation.

Closed Thread