HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Lounge XVIII (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2010, 02:46 PM
BluejacketNut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
I still have AOL install disks -- floppies. 'Cause you never know.

Gaming in the '90s and being charged by the hour was exciting. But, no matter how high the bill got, I could always point at my older brother as an example of how bad things could really get. You're lucky, BJN. I was in heaven when AOL offered a monthly/yearly fee.

I actually miss dial-up because it was more impressive to hear it connecting. On the other hand, since I basically spent all night online, the inevitable disconnects resulted in very noisy reconnects. I always tried to smother the sound somehow. It never worked.

I think I dropped AOL for good around 2001, and never looked back. I sometimes depress myself by reading comments on their news sites. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." Alas, I think AOL's community is probably pretty representative of actual society.

Meemoooriiiieees.
It was certainly nice, we had 2 accounts up to $1500 a month on both. They wanted us to be knowledgeable when users called since we were competing with AOL, so they encouraged us to browse at work. I couldnt imagine the proxy reports from us!

Old
11-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Happy Pony

Sam and Pete hit the nail on the head.

She just wants validation from you that her view of things is correct.

Old
11-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Whatever you do, don't say anything too critical.
"Critical" wha?

Old
11-01-2010, 03:09 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Pete, Fro, and Sam failed to ask the critical question.
Is she hot?

Old
11-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Is she hot?
i failed to ask...but it was going thru my mind the entire time

Old
11-01-2010, 04:38 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Take it from someone in a similar age range: Whatever you do, don't say anything too critical.

99% of the time people ask you for advice, they've already got their mind made up and are only looking for you to validate their opinion. This is especially true of these situations. As good of a friend as she may be, she's prob. not going to listen to you.

Best to not emotionally invest yourself in the situation.
Somehow I didn't think of it that way (bolded), but you're right. I was supportive at first but started throwing up the BS flags once even I started thinking "Oh, you've got to be f-ing kidding me" after hearing an "update" not long after this started. I went from cautiously optimistic to to (since she asked) calling it like I saw it.

I figured being too critical would cause the proverbial stuff to hit the fan, so I've watched what I've said while still trying to get the message across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
"Critical" wha?
We're talking emotions more fragile than the CBJ's newly rediscovered "defeatist mentality" here.

It's critical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Is she hot?
Best visualization I can give you is Sarah Chalke from Scrubs. So if Dr. Elliot Reid gets your attention, then yeah. (For the record, it definitely works for me.)

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 11-01-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old
11-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Best visualization I can give you is Sarah Chalke from Scrubs. So if Dr. Elliot Reid gets your attention, then yeah. (For the record, it definitely works for me.)
if that's the case, i can help

Old
11-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
We're talking emotions more fragile than the CBJ's newly rediscovered "defeatist mentality" here.

It's critical.
Figured as much.

For the record, when I read your post, I considered replying

Quote:
No
Then figured pete had it covered.

Old
11-01-2010, 07:43 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Thanks for the input.

Somehow I didn't think of it that way (bolded), but you're right. I was supportive at first but started throwing up the BS flags once even I started thinking "Oh, you've got to be f-ing kidding me" after hearing an "update" not long after this started. I went from cautiously optimistic to to (since she asked) calling it like I saw it.
I figured being too critical would cause the proverbial stuff to hit the fan, so I've watched what I've said while still trying to get the message across.
It's critical.
My advice: if you're asking for love advice from a bunch of guys on a hockey message board, you need FarmersOnly.com

Old
11-01-2010, 07:50 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
My advice: if you're asking for love advice from a bunch of guys on a hockey message board, you need FarmersOnly.com

I just don't get it.

(I'm city folks.)

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 11-01-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old
11-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Ludicrous Speed

So, did you guys vote for Kim Doucher or Kimberly Cocroft?

Old
11-05-2010, 06:13 AM
Handyy

Hey all. I know this is a non-sports thread, but here goes...

I'm trying to get back to normal life and also trying to climb back to Blue Jackets wagon. Can anyone summarize the season so far for me, are we in the spot we right now belong? I only had the chance to take a quick look at the standings while back and then we were clearly out of the playoff picture. So what has changed and does it look like it'll continue going this way?

Old
11-06-2010, 10:24 PM
CBJCougar

Hey, I need some help. I really want a hockey stick. I would love to have one of Boll's, Klesla's or I don't care. Where would I find one? Price? Anyone know?

Old
11-06-2010, 11:37 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Hey, I need some help. I really want a hockey stick. I would love to have one of Boll's, Klesla's or I don't care. Where would I find one? Price? Anyone know?
They sell used equipment at games. As you enter the arena from the plaza, turn left just past The Blue Line. Before you get to the bars & grills on the concourse, there'll be a stand with used pants, jerseys, sticks, etc. If you enter from the West entrance (escalators), walk as if you're going to the store & it'll be on the right. They've got a sheet listing what they have available & the prices. I don't know if they have the sales during the week, though.

You could also try one of the seasonal locker room sales. I picked up a Malhotra & Chimera stick in August of 07 for right around $100 combined.

Old
11-06-2010, 11:55 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
They sell used equipment at games. As you enter the arena from the plaza, turn left just past The Blue Line. Before you get to the bars & grills on the concourse, there'll be a stand with used pants, jerseys, sticks, etc. If you enter from the West entrance (escalators), walk as if you're going to the store & it'll be on the right. They've got a sheet listing what they have available & the prices. I don't know if they have the sales during the week, though.

You could also try one of the seasonal locker room sales. I picked up a Malhotra & Chimera stick in August of 07 for right around $100 combined.
Really? When is this sale? Will you let me know? I will check out the other the next game I go to.

I know it might sound silly, but I have all these jerseys matted and framed and would love to have sticks for each of them, which means I need a Filatov and Nash too.

Thanks CBJSprague!!

Old
11-07-2010, 10:49 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Really? When is this sale? Will you let me know? I will check out the other the next game I go to.

I know it might sound silly, but I have all these jerseys matted and framed and would love to have sticks for each of them, which means I need a Filatov and Nash too.

Thanks CBJSprague!!
No problem! The locker room sale I went to was in August (Jeff Rimer was actually hanging out in the locker room & I swear I gave a positive review of the new Bourne movie to a recently-fired Doug MacLean as he walked by the Buffalo restaurant later that night), but I remember hearing about others throughout the year.

Be prepared to pay out the nose for a Nash stick, though. The prices seem to vary based upon the popularity of the player...you may be able to grab some ex-player gear (Jurcina, Torres) or "lesser known" Jackets like MacKenzie or Murray (for example) for a decent price, but Juice/RJ/Nash will be up there a bit.

Old
11-07-2010, 03:51 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
No problem! The locker room sale I went to was in August (Jeff Rimer was actually hanging out in the locker room & I swear I gave a positive review of the new Bourne movie to a recently-fired Doug MacLean as he walked by the Buffalo restaurant later that night), but I remember hearing about others throughout the year.

Be prepared to pay out the nose for a Nash stick, though. The prices seem to vary based upon the popularity of the player...you may be able to grab some ex-player gear (Jurcina, Torres) or "lesser known" Jackets like MacKenzie or Murray (for example) for a decent price, but Juice/RJ/Nash will be up there a bit.
Yeah, I can see all of those being house payment kinda money. *sighs* Oh well. Maybe one day I'll be at the tunnel and one of the guys will take pity on me if I die my hair silver! LOL

Old
11-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
I just saw that one latina from the Oakbrook Manors commercial.

Prob. should have put this in the Interesting Info thread.

11-08-2010, 05:21 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
Hey all. I know this is a non-sports thread, but here goes...

I'm trying to get back to normal life and also trying to climb back to Blue Jackets wagon. Can anyone summarize the season so far for me, are we in the spot we right now belong? I only had the chance to take a quick look at the standings while back and then we were clearly out of the playoff picture. So what has changed and does it look like it'll continue going this way?
8-5-0 so far this season. For about 20 minutes Thursday night, we led the Central Division.

The CBJ has either won or, with the exceptions of the first San Jose game and Saturday's game against Minnesota, been blown out.

Opening Night against Chicago was a poor effort, a home Friday night game against Calgary was even worse & the road game in Colorado was equally bad. The other losses came in the first of two in Sweden & was winnable, while the team really shouldn't have lost against Minnesota.

When they do win, they've been able to beat top opponents but are yet to score more than three goals in a game, win or lose. Perhaps the most impressive win was a come-from-behind road win against Chicago. The Jackets scored three unanswered in the last 21 minutes of the game to win. Mathieu Garon was on a two-game shutout streak (wins against Montreal and Atlanta) before losing against Minnesota on Saturday night.

The team has played well, especially on the road, but most of the scoring has actually come from the third and fourth lines. Kyle Wilson has his first four NHL goals this season, Chris Clark was the team point leader at one point with six assists. Ethan Moreau played surprisingly well before getting hurt. Derrick Brassard and Rick Nash have come to life of late & are scoring. Brass is on a 5 or 7 game point scoring streak.

Moreau is out for maybe 3-4 weeks more at least. Huselius is hurt & may be out a while. Commodore and Murray were just taken off IR.

Old
11-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Tonight at 11pm marks the Return of the King.

Old
11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Hell yes, Team Coco ftw. I will be watching.

Old
11-08-2010, 10:15 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
I just saw that one latina from the Oakbrook Manors commercial.

Prob. should have put this in the Interesting Info thread.
This post is useless without pictures.

Is she hotter than Blue Jackets TV's Brittany?

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 11-08-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old
11-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Hell yes, Team Coco ftw. I will be watching.
Really? I would have pegged you for Team Edward.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
11-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

Old
11-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
The first show was pretty cool, but it still left me the feeling that after the new show feeling is over, it won't get too good ratings... I don't know, I kinda expected much more than one cool intro and basically then just on to the guests :/

Closed Thread