HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Edm

Old
09-24-2010, 02:11 PM
MisterD

vCash: 50
From an Oilers POV - I would be interested in something like this.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:12 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
sorry, didnt check the reasons he didnt play, but, i gave him the benefit of the doubt that he didnt play due to injury rather than benching for example.

Games played
Rookie: 79
2nd year: 76
3rd year: 69

...i see a slow and steady decline, which is common among players who tend to be, or become injury prone.

2nd part sounds reasonable ...if he outproduces, and outplays Phaneuff, that is a very valid argument.

in the end, all that matters is how you play, and what you produce.
He has a minor injury in one season and he's injury prone? Man, I hate to think of what Kessel's value is considering games lost due to injury.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:14 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustacean View Post
No way from the leafs. Don't know much about Gagner other than he was predicted to be the best thing since sliced bread, and hasn't lived up to his expectations. We already have a 5'11", 180-190 pound centre (Grabovski) to take our second line, who has already scored the same number of points as Gagner (49 vs 48) and we don't have to give up a high quality prospect to do so. Sure he may be better than Grabo/Bozak, but that tiny upgrade is nowhere near worth Schenn to the Leafs.

Leafs would be crazy to consider this. If Gagner was a larger, tougher centre with potential first line/second line talent (i.e. someone who would be well suited to play with Kessel), I would consider it. Otherwise, Gagner is more of the same of what the leafs have.
i think the word you meant was "Younger"

if he was that, they would never trade him

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:15 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
He has a minor injury in one season and he's injury prone? Man, I hate to think of what Kessel's value is considering games lost due to injury.
nothing to do with value, but, Kessel is injury prone. ...had some strange ones, but, they keep happening

Old
09-24-2010, 02:19 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
its the attitude of right now is all that matters that gave boston seguin and another top ten pick this year
i dont think anyone in their right mind expected the Leafs to finish 2nd to last, last season

...I had them pegged in the high teens (out of the playoffs though) and this season will not be a repeat of last season, and i wouldnt be surprised if the leafs finish middle of the pack, on the upper end.

Leafs fans also had nothing to do, and cannot influence the decisions made my Brian Burke ...I was all happy when i thought we were going to tank for a few years, but, we got what we got.

Old
09-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Buddio
CFC

No.

Both are too valuable to their respective teams.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:16 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
i dont think anyone in their right mind expected the Leafs to finish 2nd to last, last season

...I had them pegged in the high teens (out of the playoffs though) and this season will not be a repeat of last season, and i wouldnt be surprised if the leafs finish middle of the pack, on the upper end.

Leafs fans also had nothing to do, and cannot influence the decisions made my Brian Burke ...I was all happy when i thought we were going to tank for a few years, but, we got what we got.
If Boston were picking in the high teens, that would mean the Leafs had made the playoffs.

Just saying.

91Kadri91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:19 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus PI View Post
Gagner has never scored less then 40 points despite just turning 21. What has Schenn done? Nothing. He's a number 5 dman who might turn out to be a player. Gagner already is a 2nd line center who can be counted on for atleast 40 points.

Sure Schenn could develop into a top pairing defensemen. But Gagner could also develop into a top line forward. Right now Gagner is a better forward then Schenn is a defensmen and it's not even close.
If Ganger is a 2nd line centerman, then Schenn is a #3/4 defenseman.

Imo Ganger is a 3rd line centerman, and Schenn is a #4/5 defenseman, at the moment at least. Although, I'm sure both will be much more then that when they're fully developed.

Old
09-24-2010, 03:20 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
i dont think anyone in Toronto expected the Leafs to finish 2nd to last, last season

Fixed

Old
09-24-2010, 03:21 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post

Imo Ganger is a 3rd line centerman, and Schenn is a #4/5 defenseman, at the moment at least. Although, I'm sure both will be much more then that when they're fully developed.
Gagner would be Toronto's top line centre. Not many teams can boast a 60 point second liner, Gagner is a pretty standard 2nd line center.

Old
09-24-2010, 03:25 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
With both team lacking C depth, I don't think it matters where Gagner would be playing.

EDM will want a Gagner for Schenn+.
TOR will want a Schenn for Gagner+.

It's just another HFboards deal. There's no way this happens because both sides like their player more.

With that being said, this is a completely hypothetical deal, have a fun discussion, don't get all mad at each other over value.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Gagner would be Toronto's top line centre. Not many teams can boast a 60 point second liner, Gagner is a pretty standard 2nd line center.
Pittsburgh - Malkin > Gagner, Staal > Gagner

Chicago - Sharp > Gagner

San Jose - Pavelski > Gagner

Boston - Patrice Bergeron

Philly - Carter > Gagner, Briere > Gagner

Tampa - Lecavlieiar > Gagner

Colorado - Duchene > Gagner

Vancouver - Kesler > Gagner

And Gagner has never hit 60 points?

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:05 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
Pittsburgh - Malkin > Gagner, Staal > Gagner

Chicago - Sharp > Gagner

San Jose - Pavelski > Gagner

Boston - Patrice Bergeron

Philly - Carter > Gagner, Briere > Gagner

Tampa - Lecavlieiar > Gagner

Colorado - Duchene > Gagner

Vancouver - Kesler > Gagner

And Gagner has never hit 60 points?
8 teams out of how many? Still in the minority, isn't it. A 60 point center is the ideal 2nd line center, I never said Gagner had. Not to mention that all of these guys are in their prime, aside from Staal and maybe Pavelski, and none have near the room to grow that Gagner still has.

Old
09-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Ementy

Quote:

What kind of player puts up three 40+ seasons when he's only 21 certainly not iginla kessel Nash or spezza he's ahead of all of them at the same age or just about yet yeah he's a third line center.

Did you watch him play with hall last night he looked like a vet trying to help hall get set up certainly the oilers would like a bust 3rd liner mentoring the 1st overall pick

I think the chances of you having no real hockey knowledge is far greater chance than gagner busting and being a 3rd line center quit being jealous and get a clue, the oilers are on the rise

Ementy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 04:44 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post
What kind of player puts up three 40+ seasons when he's only 21 certainly not iginla kessel Nash or spezza he's ahead of all of them at the same age or just about yet yeah he's a third line center.

Did you watch him play with hall last night he looked like a vet trying to help hall get set up certainly the oilers would like a bust 3rd liner mentoring the 1st overall pick

I think the chances of you having no real hockey knowledge is far greater chance than gagner busting and being a 3rd line center quit being jealous and get a clue, the oilers are on the rise
And I think the chances of you not being able to read are far greater then anything this world has ever seen.

I clearly stated that AT THIS MOMENT gagner is a third line center, although I'm sure he will become a top-6 center this year.

I even VERY CLEARLY stated that I think both Schenn and GAGNER will be far greater then 3rd line center/#4/5 defenseman.

Please, before you try and make me look like an ********, learn to read.

Old
09-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Ementy

Quote:
And I think the chances of you not being able to read are far greater then anything this world has ever seen.

I clearly stated that AT THIS MOMENT gagner is a third line center, although I'm sure he will become a top-6 center this year.

I even VERY CLEARLY stated that I think both Schenn and GAGNER will be far greater then 3rd line center/#4/5 defenseman.

Please, before you try and make me look like an ********, learn to read.
And I am clearly contesting that statement he isn't a 3rd line center in any one of his seasons he's a solid second liner right now verging on 1st potential barring a good season

he would be 1st line center on Toronto yet he's a third here riiiiiiight. I'm sure you can see where I am comming from. Regardless of you saying he'll be better is still a major undervaluing which is going way too far in this thread by you and more so the other posters

Old
09-24-2010, 05:18 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
And I am clearly contesting that statement he isn't a 3rd line center in any one of his seasons he's a solid second liner right now verging on 1st potential barring a good season

he would be 1st line center on Toronto yet he's a third here riiiiiiight. I'm sure you can see where I am comming from. Regardless of you saying he'll be better is still a major undervaluing which is going way too far in this thread by you and more so the other posters
Just because he would be a 1st liner here and in Edmonton doesn't mean he's a first liner everywhere else.

I know what you're saying but, if you consider Gagner a fringe 1st liner, then I can consider Schenn a #3 defenseman, which, at the moment, I don't think either of them are.

Old
09-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Eytinge

Gagner is not a third line center. Does he shutdown the other team's top players and play on the PK? No.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 05:31 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Gagner is not a third line center. Does he shutdown the other team's top players and play on the PK? No.
According to Oilers fans his defense has improved. Besides, would you consider a 40-45 point center a 2nd line center?

Old
09-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Just because he would be a 1st liner here and in Edmonton doesn't mean he's a first liner everywhere else.

I know what you're saying but, if you consider Gagner a fringe 1st liner, then I can consider Schenn a #3 defenseman, which, at the moment, I don't think either of them are.
Just because you throw schenn in at not being a top 3 dman does not mean gagner isn't a second liner on most teams no third liners not named staal that pot40-50 a season expecially when said player was 18, 19 and 20 in those seasons get real

If gagner isn't the definition of fringe first liner I don't know what is

Old
09-24-2010, 05:44 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Just because you throw schenn in at not being a top 3 dman does not mean gagner isn't a second liner on most teams no third liners not named staal that pot40-50 a season.

If gagner isn't the definition of fringe first liner I don't know what is
Give Me A Break.

Homers will be homers.

It's pointless to argue with you.

Old
09-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Give Me A Break.

Homers will be homers.

Okay homer it was nice talking have fun expecting your 1st line center gets 40-50 let alone your third line center With your definition, hahahaha Toronto fans...

Old
09-24-2010, 07:26 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Give Me A Break.

Homers will be homers.

Judging players spots on the depth chart based on points seems like an odd argument.

I hate to run the chance of derailing this thread by mentioning Kadri, but...

If Kadri puts up 30-35 points, which isn't out of the realm of possibility, would you consider him a 4th liner?

Some comparables for 50 point 2nd line Cs:

Krejci: 79 games 52 points
Grabovski: 59 games 35 points
Filppula: 55 games 35 points
Fisher: 79 games 53 points
Gomez: 78 games 59 points
Koivu: 71 games 52 points
Umberger: 82 games 55 points
Stoll: 73 games 47 points
Frolik: 82 games 43 points
Sutter: 72 games 40 points
Lombardi: 78 games 53 points
Legwand: 82 games 38 points
Peverley: 82 games 55 points
Duchene: 81 games 55 points
Gagner: 68 games 41 points

You listed 5-6 teams that have great C depth, yet ignore almost half the league.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 07:38 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Give Me A Break.

Homers will be homers.

Your first line center is Bozak and you're arguing about whether Gagner is a 2nd line C?

Now that's funny.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

vCash: 0
Why bother making another Oil-Leafs Proposal you know where it always goes,
I wouldn't trade our best center for luke Schenn,Gagner is about break out the thing I love about Gagner is he's been in the league for the last 3 seasons & he just turned 21.

Last edited by NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: 09-24-2010 at 08:07 PM.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline   Reply With Quote