HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sjs-tor

Old
09-23-2010, 05:23 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

vCash: 500
Sjs-tor

Sharks receive:
Luke Schenn
Mikhail Grabovski

Lefs receive:
Joe Pavelski
Jason Demers

Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
Clowe-Grabovski-Setoguchi

Murray-Schenn
Vlasic-Boyle
Huskins-Wallin

Kulemin-Pavelski-Kessel
MacArthur-Bozak-Versteeg
Armstrong-Kadri-Brown

both pavelski (young established talent to work with Kessel) and grabovski will excel with the talent around them and SJ solves its search for a young stud -dman.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 05:36 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

what is a lefs

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

Last time I checked, Luke Schenn was a terrible defenseman. He could be an all-star in his future, but that's irrelevant as the Sharks want to win NOW. Also, the Leafs have nothing I would give up Pavelski for. No offense.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 05:38 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype View Post
Last time I checked, Luke Schenn was a terrible defenseman. He could be an all-star in his future, but that's irrelevant as the Sharks want to win NOW. Also, the Leafs have nothing I would give up Pavelski for. No offense.
Well, you just lost all credebility in my books.

91Kadri91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 05:40 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kips View Post
Sharks receive:
Luke Schenn
Mikhail Grabovski

Lefs receive:
Joe Pavelski
Jason Demers

Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
Clowe-Grabovski-Setoguchi

Murray-Schenn
Vlasic-Boyle
Huskins-Wallin

Kulemin-Pavelski-Kessel
MacArthur-Bozak-Versteeg
Armstrong-Kadri-Brown

both pavelski (young established talent to work with Kessel) and grabovski will excel with the talent around them and SJ solves its search for a young stud -dman.
Don't have any interest in Schenn.

Don't have ANY interest in Grabovski.

As stated previously, Pavelski is untouchable. He was JUST signed, DW has NEVER signed and traded previously. He's signed long term, cheap, and he's one of our few consistent playoff performers. He's also one of the best 2nd line centers (Malkin doesn't count) in the game today.

Couture + Demers and I'd maybe think about it, but honestly I don't really like Schenn much and don't think he is anything all that special. So pass.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 05:45 PM
ThorntonFan19

At this moment Schenn is a #4/#5 type guy. We already have 3 of those....

Pavelski alone could garner way more than this. Demers' value is also pretty close to Schenn.

basically: hell no from SJ

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 05:49 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
At this moment Schenn is a #4/#5 type guy. We already have 3 of those....

Pavelski alone could garner way more than this. Demers' value is also pretty close to Schenn.

basically: hell no from SJ

Thanks for the laugh. Much appreciated.

Old
09-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

If DW proposed this Burke would take it, hang up, and run naked through Toronto screaming with Joy.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 05:56 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post

Thanks for the laugh. Much appreciated.
We get it, your defensive, you made your point.

Schenn has proved nothing, and in pretty much anyone not a Toronto fan's mind, has thus far disappointed. He could certainly turn it around, but I for one think he'll pretty much be a second pairing one-way d-man for the long haul.

Demers on the other hand was a total surprise, there were literally no expectations and he has so far vastly over-achieved. He's played a lot less hockey than Schenn though, and I do think Schenn has more value, but I don't think it's as dramatic as you imply. Offensive defensemen have more value than defensive defensemen, and both are eclipsed by two-way defensemen.

Anyway, we have defensive defensemen coming out of every orifice.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 05:57 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Well, you just lost all credebility in my books.
Why? Because none of your players both address a Sharks need and equal the value of a good young center?

You know, the other 29 GMs aren't there to supply your team with trades that are very much in your team's favour just to meet your needs.

You just lost all credebility in MY books.

Edit : And this is coming from a Sharks hater.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:01 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Why? Because none of your players both address a Sharks need and equal the value of a good young center?

You know, the other 29 GMs aren't there to supply your team with trades that are very much in your team's favour just to meet your needs.

You just lost all credebility in MY books.

Edit : And this is coming from a Sharks hater.
Umm no? Because he said Schenn was a terrible defenseman.

By no means do I think this trade is even. I agree that Leafs win this trade big, but in no way is Schenn a terrible defenseman. He's a #4/5 defenseman with the potential to be more then that.

That's why I said what I did.

Old
09-23-2010, 06:02 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

lolwut?

Schenn is slightly better than Demers, but Pavelski is miles ahead of Grabovski. No way we do this.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:04 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
We get it, your defensive, you made your point.

Schenn has proved nothing, and in pretty much anyone not a Toronto fan's mind, has thus far disappointed. He could certainly turn it around, but I for one think he'll pretty much be a second pairing one-way d-man for the long haul.

Demers on the other hand was a total surprise, there were literally no expectations and he has so far vastly over-achieved. He's played a lot less hockey than Schenn though, and I do think Schenn has more value, but I don't think it's as dramatic as you imply. Offensive defensemen have more value than defensive defensemen, and both are eclipsed by two-way defensemen.

Anyway, we have defensive defensemen coming out of every orifice.
I hate when people say he's dissapointed. He's 20 years old, and for the most part played like a top-4 defenseman, yet, Pietrangelo has yet to play a full season in the NHL and it would take my left nut to get him out of St. Louis.

Other than that though, I agree with your post. Although, I think people will be surprised by Schenn's performance this year, and I think he'll be a top-pairing defenseman. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Old
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

Quote:
Umm no? Because he said Schenn was a terrible defenseman.

By no means do I think this trade is even. I agree that Leafs win this trade big, but in no way is Schenn a terrible defenseman. He's a #4/5 defenseman with the potential to be more then that.

That's why I said what I did.
This is almost quite literally what I said, and yet I lost credibility in your little pink diary, oh no.

Schenn would be the worst or 2nd worst defenseman on the Sharks today if we rolled out

Boyle - Murray
Vlasic - Huskins
Lilja/Leach/Demers - Schenn

So again, this trade is senseless. And talking about Pavelski is nonsensical because again, there's nothing the Leafs have that would entice me personally to trade him. That's just me. Who knows about Doug Wilson or Brian Burke.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Counter offer:

Pavelski for Scheen, Sjostrom, Caputi,

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:09 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
why are the Sharks taking the dump (Grabovski)?

Schenn has good value, but a lot of that comes from things he's done off the ice, and not at the NHL level. No way is he worth enough to get two players that SJ has no interest in trading. TOR is working from a place of weakness whenever they trade a defenseman (too many bodies, someone has to go..), so i wouldnt expect them to get fair value in any potential trade.

the Sharks need defense, but not at the expense of Pavelski or Demers (counter productive if we give away a good part of our defense).

Leafs fans wont do this trade, and Burke's ego wont allow him to do any trade involving Schenn. TOR gets good value for Schenn in the trade, but not quite the "10 1st round picks" Burke's looking for.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:12 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype View Post
This is almost quite literally what I said, and yet I lost credibility in your little pink diary, oh no.

Schenn would be the worst or 2nd worst defenseman on the Sharks today if we rolled out

Boyle - Murray
Vlasic - Huskins
Lilja/Leach/Demers - Schenn

So again, this trade is senseless. And talking about Pavelski is nonsensical because again, there's nothing the Leafs have that would entice me personally to trade him. That's just me. Who knows about Doug Wilson or Brian Burke.
Actually, Schenn would be our 3rd best defenseman.

Boyle
Vlasic
Schenn
Murray
Demers
Wallin
Huskins
Lilja (assuming we get him)
Leach

I agree that he's not great, and a little overrated, but he's better than most of our defensemen.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:17 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Schenn+2nd for Mitchell+Murray+3rd? :O

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:29 PM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Schenn doesn't have any appeal to the Sharks at all.
All Schenn has going for him right now is that he is a young NHL defenseman with a big body.

Pavelski on the other hand is a whole lot of things. Center, PP pointman, PK, Defensively responsible, Playmaker, Goal scorer, Playoff performer, and plays big for his size and at his current age of 26. Not to mention just signed to a 4 year contract.

Demers is actually a very promising defenseman. In the little icetime he has had he proven that he can quarterback a PP, move the puck, and be successfully creative on a elite NHL team. Also, just signed a 1 way-2 year extension after his 1st rookie season.

SJ gets bent in this deal.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
This is a no from the Sharks. Pavelski produces now. Compared to Schenn, Demers produces now. Demers had four more points in 28 less games.

The only way to get the Sharks' interest with regards to Joe Pavelski is to have Dion Phaneuf in there. Since that's not going to happen, trading for Pavs is not going to happen.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:34 PM
8BostonRocker24

I live 4 miles south of San Jose and I am not a Sharks fan by any means. That said...

There is not one player on The Leafs that San Jose fans would trade Joe Pavelski for 1-for-1, that includes Kessel.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
I live 4 miles south of San Jose and I am not a Sharks fan by any means. That said...

There is not one player on The Leafs that San Jose fans would trade Joe Pavelski for 1-for-1, that includes Kessel.
That's not necessarily true. I agree Kessel wouldn't be the guy but I'd deal Pavs straight up for Phaneuf.

Old
09-23-2010, 06:39 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
That's not necessarily true. I agree Kessel wouldn't be the guy but I'd deal Pavs straight up for Phaneuf.
Phaneuf might regain his Norris-runner-up form, he might not.

Joe Pavelski is a 2nd line center, if San Jose moves him they will have a monster hole. Pavelski has also shown to be a complete gamer come playoff time.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Phaneuf might regain his Norris-runner-up form, he might not.

Joe Pavelski is a 2nd line center, if San Jose moves him they will have a monster hole. Pavelski has also shown to be a complete gamer come playoff time.
There's no doubt that Pavelski had a great year last year but he has his moments where he disappears off the face of the earth in the post-season. The last seven games show that. He came out of his skates for the first eight games though. He's a gamer with leader qualities but he's a 2nd line center and Phaneuf, even while he's struggling, still plays #1 or #2 minutes. Without a legitimate Rob Blake replacement, that's a pretty large hole in itself.

And one thing the Sharks as an organization should know, is that it's a lot tougher for them to replace a defenseman than it is for them to replace good forwards.

Old
09-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
That is so untrue. Every little word.

BTW, he was injured for first half of the season and improved in pretty much every category statistically last year. As for being a one-way D-man, he scored what? 5 goals as a 20 year old with practically zero PP time.

Watch his game yesterday. He was great, defensively and made good plays offensively and his shot is pretty good now. His decision making on PP was fairly good and his hands are softer now, so it seems.

His skating also improved despite bulking up to 240 pounds. The kid is a beast and he is only 20.

But sure, go on with your ridiculous comments.

EDIT: As for the proposal, why would the Sharks do this? And as a Leaf fan, I do not want Schenn traded at all unless it's a legit 1st liner coming back.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote