HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 4.0

Old
09-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosolodolo View Post
Hello all,

I am planning on coming to Montreal this weekend to visit family and I was curious if there is anyone who knows if any Canadiens will be at Brossard on Thursday or Friday and if it is open to the public. If so, how do I go about getting in?

This will be my first visit to the city so any help would be amazing and any recommendations on other 'touristy' stuff to do would be great as well.

Thanks in advance!
they should be not sure if any players will be practicing but the doors should be open in Brossard

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Komarov47

Finny McConnell and The Whiskey Devils (The Mahones lead singer) will be performing at Hurley's Irish Pub in Montreal this Friday and Saturday night.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 06:59 PM
marcosolodolo

Does anyone know of a place that's good downtown Montreal, thats more lounge-like and less club atmosphere

marcosolodolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 07:47 PM
NeezDuts
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosolodolo View Post
Does anyone know of a place that's good downtown Montreal, thats more lounge-like and less club atmosphere
Chez Paree!

NeezDuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 12:26 PM
RobinSparkles

I'm visiting Montreal around Christmas-New Years time, does anyone have any good tips what I could do around the city..? Some Christmas happenings, fairs etc.?

I'd be extremely thankful for any tips for something to do/see!

RobinSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 05:42 PM
guest1467

Best Cheap Eats in Montreal

So, I pretty much just moved here. Being a reasonably poor student, I have located a few cheap places to eat, but I want more:

-Romados
-Patati Patata
-Lola Rosa(pretty cheap for Vegetarian)
-Schwartz's
-Jean Talon Market

Who's got the goods?

Places near or around Plateau would be nice, but suggest for wherever, this thread is obviously for others as well.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
So, I pretty much just moved here. Being a reasonably poor student, I have located a few cheap places to eat, but I want more:

-Romados
-Patati Patata
-Lola Rosa(pretty cheap for Vegetarian)
-Schwartz's
-Jean Talon Market

Who's got the goods?

Places near or around Plateau would be nice, but suggest for wherever, this thread is obviously for others as well.
Define cheap. As precise as you can get.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 06:05 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Define cheap. As precise as you can get.
Its Summer and we can't have an OT thread on the board? Jeez, no one even comes in here...

$10 or less.

Old
09-10-2011, 06:15 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Coco rico on St-Laurent (portuguese chicken) Right next to Schwartz.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 06:22 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Its Summer and we can't have an OT thread on the board? Jeez, no one even comes in here...

$10 or less.
my mom will cook you a 4 course meal... for free.

but you'll have to get down on your knees and scrub her carpet... some old stains.

but to answer your question - COSMOS and Decarie Hot dogs. Both great experiences (the Cosmos chef, who is also the owner, is a riot...you'll see.)

But both places are heart killers.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

$10 or less.
Boustan:

- Chicken Wrap (shish taouk) 5$
- Combo with potatoes (take garlic sauce) and drink = 8$~

Pho Bac (China town):

- Grilled Chicken Soup (soupe poulardine, doesn't have a number on the menu, located at the bottom of the soup page) - 7$ for small, 7.50 medium, 8.50 large.
- Soups are packed with generous heaps of meat and noodles, and the broth is to die for. A large is enough to feed 2, most people can't finish it on their own (I do.)

Wok Cafe (on Saint-Catherine, past Concordia):

- You can get a whole plate (rice, vegetable, meat) for under 10$, the food is excellent and if you go for lunch they give you free spring roll so you'll be full for a while.

Three Amigos:

- Cheap, mexican. That's about it.

Obviously I don't suggest going for these every day unless you fancy being a fatty. A balance of going to the restaurant once or twice a week, and limiting yourself to fast food for days when you are on the run, is a good idea. Otherwise, get some brown bread and a few cold cuts (I suggest Mourelatos, their price for cold cuts are really good) to last you through the week.

Basically I'm not a health freak, but I just don't want a fellow student to eat pizza, poutine and burgers every day. Some people can do it and not feel the effects, but it's definitely not good for you. I would've said some sushi might liven things up, but that's on the expensive side.

I'll add to the list as I come up with other ideas.

Old
09-10-2011, 08:35 PM
guest1467

I actually cook a lot, and eat much better than the average person; probably about 4 or 5 times a week. For example last week I cooked 4 times(Pesto tomato pasta, chicken on grilled tomato and spinach, trout with onions, tomatoes and boiled potatoes, and perogies). Breakfast is simple, usually just an egg or two, or some toast with cheese or peanut butter. But finding places for lunch and for times I am feeling a bit lazy I need cheap places to go. And sometimes these places are a lot cheaper than cooking for yourself could be, especially for lunch where you can find really good deals.

Thanks for the recommendations BTW.

Old
09-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Hermamoud

Noodle Factory on st-urbain has pretty good shanghai style cooking. The soup dumplings are amazing.

For vegetarian indian (gasp!), Pushap is your best bet. It's dirt cheap (you can eat for two for about 15$) and it's pretty awesome vegetarian food.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

The cheapest restaurants are in Chinatown

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
I actually cook a lot, and eat much better than the average person; probably about 4 or 5 times a week. For example last week I cooked 4 times(Pesto tomato pasta, chicken on grilled tomato and spinach, trout with onions, tomatoes and boiled potatoes, and perogies). Breakfast is simple, usually just an egg or two, or some toast with cheese or peanut butter. But finding places for lunch and for times I am feeling a bit lazy I need cheap places to go. And sometimes these places are a lot cheaper than cooking for yourself could be, especially for lunch where you can find really good deals.

Thanks for the recommendations BTW.
You're welcome, and sounds like you're set if you can make your own food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Noodle Factory on st-urbain has pretty good shanghai style cooking. The soup dumplings are amazing.

For vegetarian indian (gasp!), Pushap is your best bet. It's dirt cheap (you can eat for two for about 15$) and it's pretty awesome vegetarian food.
And yeah I'm of Indian descent and we're pretty picky about Indian restaurants in general, but Pushap is great. We usually go there for sweets and samosa but their veg dishes are good too.

Old
09-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
The cheapest restaurants are in Chinatown
Maison VIP in Chinatown is amazing. I remember getting a plate of chicken or rice for under $4.00 each.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Rad17

NFL Sundays

I'll be coming up in Oct for the Bruins game, but I have never been up there during football season. Do most of the sports bars have sunday ticket to watch all the games? I'll be staying through monday and was hoping to see my Steelers beat up on the Patriots that Sunday. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:17 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Arcade Fire

Thu 22nd Sep 2011 Quartier des Spectacles (Free show!), Montreal, QC

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 09:04 AM
leaky37

Hotels Sheraton/Marriott?

Coming to Montreal for the Tampa Bay and Toronto games in April and would like to know if anyone knows which one of these hotels that they stay in? We are trying to book our trip now thats why I'm asking so early.

leaky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

New Years Eve

I come in peace!

I'm looking at going to Montreal with a group of friends this year for New Years Eve. What are some nice hotels to look at staying at?

More so, what are the better clubs to look at going too. We're gonna pick one and just do the pre sale thing for new years eve so any advice would be great. As an FYI my group is very into House music with some top 20 if that helps. Even more so if anyone knows of any dj's playing that night that'd be great.

Thanks!

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
adelenapias

I love going to Time Supper Club whenever I am in town. Its a place for a great meal and a great party afterwards.

adelenapias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Aeneas

hey guys, I'm coming to montreal for a weekend in november for a game, just wondering how far in advance i should make reservations for le garde manger, I watch chuck hughes show way too much to not check it out, but i know its hard to get into, any information would be much appreciated !

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:15 PM
leafseh

Getting a Jersey signed..

Hey guys... Looking for a little friendly help here. My brother-in-law is a huge Habs fan, so I was thinking of getting him a Subban jersey for xmas and having it signed. Now, being out of province and not really being able to attend any games, any ideas of how I'd go about doing this?

Is it possible to ship the jersey to their Front Office and have them take care of it a "mutually convenient time"?

Thanks for the help!

leafseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I don't think you can ship it and get it signed like that.. I may be wrong, but the place would blow up with fans sending merch to get signed. I think they only do that for special causes or events.

Look out for signing events. Who knows? Subban's a TO homeboy.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:26 PM
leafseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I don't think you can ship it and get it signed like that.. I may be wrong, but the place would blow up with fans sending merch to get signed. I think they only do that for special causes or events.

Look out for signing events. Who knows? Subban's a TO homeboy.
Hmmm well that's too bad. I think I'll just email them to see what they have to say.

And HA... Actually, I live in Ottawa.

leafseh is offline   Reply With Quote