HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, expansion and relocation, and NHL revenues.

2015-16 Season Ticket pricing

Old
02-14-2015, 02:41 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
2015-16 Season Ticket pricing

The Sharks, celebrating their 25th anniversary, are following the lead of many other teams and pushing their STH renewal to MARCH 12 (rather than like May). They are offering an 8-month payment option (up from the 6-month deal for 14-15 season).

And prices are up. My seat's up more than 7%. (And they have had a string of non-sell outs, lots of brokers saying they cannot resell their seats.)

I foresee lots of non-renewals and/or reduction in seat holders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-6 sjs sth.jpg‎ (132.8 KB, 37 views)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2015, 02:50 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

And for the first time ever are offering incentives to renew. (25 days of incentives. Them that have renewed by that date are up for drawing of said prize.)

Old
02-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

The NJ Devils sent out renewals on February 3rd with a bonus for paying by March 1st and a renewal deadline of March 21st.

Despite missing the playoffs 3 straight seasons, and the team being practically unwatchable, they are generally raising ticket prices around the building from 7% to 20%. Many fans (online at least) seem like they won't renew simply out of principle because they are raising prices on a crappy product.

I will say that the STH experience for the Devils is awesome. They really give us a ton of stuff. I think our season tix were rated best value (cost versus benefits) of any NHL team just a year ago, though I forget who published that. But you just don't raise prices this much when the team is such a joke with little promise of it getting better.

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2015, 02:25 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 69
Buffalo Sabres haven't sent anything out to their season ticket holders yet but thats not a surprise since they usually wait until the final weeks of the season to do so. Most likely there will be a price increase but hopefully its only $1 or $2 increase across the board and that they give you the option of getting that money back if you pay your season tickets in full by a certain date - last year it was June 23.

Been a rough year being a Sabres season ticket holder especially selling games - eating the price of games you can't sell and having to sell the marquee games - ones you want to attend (Leafs-Pens-Habs games-Islanders game after Christmas-upcoming Blackhawks game) just to makeup the cost. We don't need a huge price increase next year. Definiately going to be the same pain selling tickets next season although getting McDavid or Eichel would help ease it.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 02-15-2015 at 02:35 PM.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2015, 06:03 PM
bodybreak
We're Back!

vCash: 720
Jets' pricing for next year is available on their website. Think it's been emailed to those whose seats are up for renewal (i.e. people who have had their P3, P4, P5 since the first season). They haven't done their annual "tell us how you'll be paying -- one shot, 3 shots or 12 shots -- yet, but have asked for a commitment re. playoff seating, should we get in. The other email usually comes later in the season.

3% increase across the board.

Next year's prices: http://jets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=103617
This year's prices: http://jets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=91590

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2015, 09:00 PM
FlyerCub

Flyers pricing stays the same for 2015-16 and introduces the option of a 12 month payment plan along with the usual pay in full, 2, 7, and 9 month options. Electronic Funds Transfer debit is also a new payment method. Renewal deadline is April 9 with either 5% due or March 4 for the first installment if you choose 12 months.

There's a pullover jacket as a renewal incentive and the usual list of benefits ($50 stored credit, access to team events, etc.) but I'm a little disappointed the STH merchandise discount is going back to 10%. They changed it to 20% partway through this season and I was hoping that was permanent.

Next season also brings a change to playoff ticketing. Rather than opting in, you'll have to opt out in early 2016.

Last edited by FlyerCub: 02-17-2015 at 03:00 PM. Reason: added image of price structure
FlyerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2015, 11:56 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

My Pens tix are going 10%, for the 2015-16 season.

And they want 20% of the full season package paid by March 1, '15.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2015, 09:09 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
The Sharks, celebrating their 25th anniversary, are following the lead of many other teams and pushing their STH renewal to MARCH 12 (rather than like May). They are offering an 8-month payment option (up from the 6-month deal for 14-15 season).

And prices are up. My seat's up more than 7%. (And they have had a string of non-sell outs, lots of brokers saying they cannot resell their seats.)

I foresee lots of non-renewals and/or reduction in seat holders.
Holy crap, glass seats for $222, that's crazy - I'd be able to get 4 of those for less than a single at MSG

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2015, 09:31 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Holy crap, glass seats for $222, that's crazy - I'd be able to get 4 of those for less than a single at MSG
That is if you can buy one. Most of the club level seats (up to about row 15 in the lower bowl) are sold out. Only if someone gives up their seats/relocates might you be able to buy STH tickets. (Otherwise, you'd have to find 'em on secondary market.)

Old
02-19-2015, 07:51 PM
battfan888
Podcaster

Season ticket prices and perks are something that has always interested me.
Though being an OHL fan my season tickets are a fraction of the price ($569 taxes in for 34 regular season games) for the Guelph Storm.

But still I always like to keep track of what fans of each team (anywhere in the hockey world) get in addition to their tickets plus types of prices and payment plans.

Ticket books are always interesting to me.

battfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2015, 08:47 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I'd like to know where you buy your hockey tickets at that you can buy 4 ice level tickets for less then $222 total at MSG. OR whatever site you use please and thank you.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2015, 09:01 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
I'd like to know where you buy your hockey tickets at that you can buy 4 ice level tickets for less then $222 total at MSG. OR whatever site you use please and thank you.
Your reading it wrong. He's saying he could get 4 tickets there for the same cost as 1 at MSG.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2015, 09:26 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
Your reading it wrong. He's saying he could get 4 tickets there for the same cost as 1 at MSG.
Ah, it seems I am. Thanks for pointing that out.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote