HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban's letter to the Montreal Children's Hospital

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2016, 10:48 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 500
Subban's letter to the Montreal Children's Hospital

Old
08-03-2016, 10:53 AM
E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
I can't wait for the first posters to say why he had to announce it. He could have just done it quietly and therefore he lacks leadership.

Old
08-03-2016, 11:01 AM
oberan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82 View Post
I can't wait for the first posters to say why he had to announce it. He could have just done it quietly and therefore he lacks leadership.

I love the guy as much as anyone else, but if this letter was really meant for the patients, to comfort them knowing that he's still working hard for them...did it really need a video production? I could understand if it was done without his knowledge as a form of gratitude towards him, but it does have his branding all over it at the end.

Headscratcher...

Old
08-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Soltantgris

If your brand is helping people, I would say we need more such branding. We are so used to ppl selling Coke, RedBull or Molson that we feel unconfortable with someone selling good actions.

Old
08-03-2016, 11:08 AM
ColinO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberan1 View Post
I love the guy as much as anyone else, but if this letter was really meant for the patients, to comfort them knowing that he's still working hard for them...did it really need a video production? I could understand if it was done without his knowledge as a form of gratitude towards him, but it does have his branding all over it at the end.

Headscratcher...
Maybe we should think the best of people and not the worst. For example, the obvious explanation is that PK is trying to inspire other people to make donations to the hospital as well. It certainly was inspiring to me.

Old
08-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltantgris View Post
If your brand is helping people, I would say we need more such branding. We are so used to ppl selling Coke, RedBull or Molson that we feel unconfortable with someone selling good actions.

Old
08-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Runner77

vCash: 2100
Helping people should not be a "brand", but something one does out of the goodness of one's heart. Good on PK to keep on keeping on with those less fortunate than he is. I'd rather focus on that than how he gets his message out there.

Old
08-03-2016, 11:12 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinO View Post
Maybe we should think the best of people and not the worst. For example, the obvious explanation is that PK is trying to inspire other people to make donations to the hospital as well. It certainly was inspiring to me.
same

Old
08-03-2016, 11:16 AM
LaP

Quote:
Does it matter?

Really?

Does it matter the way someone choose to help other people? Does it matter if he does it his own way? Does it matter if his way of doing things is different than other more conservative folks?

When Canada and more importantly Quebec became so conservative? I must have missed something. I grew up thinking i was living in a social liberal and progressive country.

Old
08-03-2016, 11:16 AM
E82

Quote:

Headscratcher...
I don't understand you, PK is a hockey player/ambassador/philanthropist he will and should use any medium to his power to bring light to his different works/charities. It brings more exposure to the young kids and the Children Hospital and can also bring new business.

I fear that so many on here refuse to accept that a hockey player can also be an even better business man.

Old
08-03-2016, 11:55 AM
BLONG7

Quote:

Headscratcher...
No matter what he does, he seems to a lightning rod for chatter, good or bad.....

The kid is just trying to be a good person, let's leave it at that...

Old
08-03-2016, 12:01 PM
BayBye

pk

do you not think the reason for the video production is to make sure those not
presently in the hospital know that he is still there for them.This is a long
range project towards the betterment of the sick children and he deserves all the accolades we can give him. Granted other pro athletes contribute to charities but probably overall not enough do. I would consider most pro athletes as greedy,arrogant and only in it for themselves, so when the small percentage that do strive for the betterment of the world,we should reach out and thank them...they are not doing it for tax breaks or popularity but because they truly care and want to help those less fortunate then themselves and know that they are fortunate to be in the position they are in and can help...so please do not blast someone for helping....PK could have stopped his involvement with Montreals Childrens Hospital when he was traded and did something in Nashville..but he honored his commitment like the true hero he is...so from me ...THANK YOU PK....

Old
08-03-2016, 12:03 PM
lxzred

How is he expected to fundraise in Montreal without maintaining a public profile?

Anyone?

Old
08-03-2016, 12:05 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:

Headscratcher...
The guy is RAISING funds for the charity. Is everyone oblivious to the fact you need public exposure to get funding.. wtf is going on in here.

Old
08-03-2016, 12:17 PM
scrubadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82 View Post
I have no problem with this and think its great. I want PK to continue to help the community here in MTL. But.... How many PK threads do we need on this board, he isn't a HAB anymore. Seriously this should be in OT or in the Nash board.

We have this one, the PK one, the Weber vs PK one, the PK gala one. Most other threads are infected with PK stuff.

I am honestly sick of PK Subban. Great player, a legend in the making for the habs. Personality like no other. But he isn't a hab anymore. I may just decide to make 3 or 4 Weber threads and the same for Shaw and Rads because these guys are playing for our team while PK isn't.

Old
08-03-2016, 12:28 PM
E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubadam View Post
I have no problem with this and think its great. I want PK to continue to help the community here in MTL. But.... How many PK threads do we need on this board, he isn't a HAB anymore. Seriously this should be in OT or in the Nash board.

We have this one, the PK one, the Weber vs PK one, the PK gala one. Most other threads are infected with PK stuff.

I am honestly sick of PK Subban. Great player, a legend in the making for the habs. Personality like no other. But he isn't a hab anymore. I may just decide to make 3 or 4 Weber threads and the same for Shaw and Rads because these guys are playing for our team while PK isn't.
And I encourage you to.

Then we will see less of you in PK threads since you are sick of him.

I personally don't think you are sick of him. I think you find him very interesting whether good or bad thus you keep coming back to his threads.

Old
08-03-2016, 12:36 PM
JLP
Refugee

Quote:
I may just decide to make 3 or 4 Weber threads and the same for Shaw and Rads because these guys are playing for our team while PK isn't.
That's your right please do! Congratulations on 2,400 posts in three months that's almost 30 per day so you should be able to keep those threads going all by yourself. Also you don't have to visit PK-related threads you could ignore them with the ignore feature.

Old
08-03-2016, 12:38 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
That's your right please do! Congrats on 2,400 posts in three months that's almost 30 per day so you should be able to keep those threads going all by yourself.
Yikes. 2400.

Old
08-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Hope Of Glory

Quote:

Maybe you don't care about PK anymore, and that's fine, but clearly, the majority of this board still do. We're in the middle of summer, there's barely anything to talk about. I don't see what the big deal is.

Old
08-03-2016, 12:45 PM
E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Of Glory View Post
Maybe you don't care about PK anymore, and that's fine, but clearly, the majority of this board still do. We're in the middle of summer, there's barely anything to talk about. I don't see what the big deal is.
Don't fool yourself. He absolutely cares because 95% of his Posts are about Subban.

Old
08-03-2016, 12:47 PM
scrubadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Of Glory View Post
Its not a big deal, but again this is the habs board. If fans want to talk about PK they can go to Nash's board or the main board. Mods can merge the threads. Do we really need 3 or 4 threads about PK when he isn't even part of the team?

Old
08-03-2016, 12:47 PM
SB164

I still hate the trade. **** you MB and **** you MT.

Old
08-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Runner77

vCash: 2100
Quote:

PK will contribute more to Nashville hospitals than Weber has.

Old
08-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Hope Of Glory

Quote:
Its not a big deal, but again this is the habs board. If fans want to talk about PK they can go to Nash's board or the main board. Mods can merge the threads. Do we really need 3 or 4 threads about PK when he isn't even part of the team?
If you're sick of him and don't like these threads, why don't you just avoid them?

Old
08-03-2016, 01:05 PM
lostriver
clear the foxhole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
PK will contribute more to Nashville hospitals than Weber has.
Thanks to MT, PK is a much better person.

Closed Thread