HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Cuts Thread

Old
10-05-2010, 04:11 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
This is just weird...opening nite Schenn and Lewis could be sitting in the box or Loktionov or Clifford...

Why not just get rid of one kid and keep Lewis and Harrold as the only healthy scratches...They will have two sitting when Parse comes back anyways...

It will be Westgarth-????-Richardson on the 4th line when Parse comes back....
Loktionov can be sent down to Manchester at any time. Back to back games on the road to start the season so I'm sure each kid will get in at least one game.

When Parse is back, if he still has a job, then you send Loktionov down or one of Schenn/Clifford back to juniors before the 9 game deal.

If any of the kids are going to be sent down when Parse is back, I'm all for them getting more practice time in with the team. Also, the two games this weekend are the home openers for both Vancouver and Calgary with the Vancouver game obviously having that "rivalry" feeling to it. Go back to Juniors/Manchester immediately or get to play in what are sure to be two high energy/rowdy crowd games?

I'll take the latter.

Nothing to worry about Utah. When it comes to the kids, it's going to be "Utah!!...Give me TWO" once Parse is back.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:16 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I understand what your saying JU but really to me it is more of a big *if* than anything else. *If* we are going to be bringing these kids along ala Stamkos in TB then I am all for them playing a game or two and then sitting a game or two throughout the season.

I am not saying that is what we would do but *if* we did then I would be 100% support of it.

I still think that we will keep BS due to his age and where he wil have to end up and send Lokti down after SP gets back. Even then it doesn't solve everything.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:18 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Maybe when Parse gets back he will need to spend some time down on the farm to get his game back?

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:25 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
This is just weird...opening nite Schenn and Lewis could be sitting in the box or Loktionov or Clifford...

Why not just get rid of one kid and keep Lewis and Harrold as the only healthy scratches...They will have two sitting when Parse comes back anyways...

I agree with you 100%, I'd much rather have Loktionov playing in the AHL than sitting in the press box up here. Ok, ya maybe it's good experience for him to travel withe guys and whatnot but I think it's best for him to keep playing full time hockey instead of sitting down and watching Schenn play.. Just my personal opinion

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Johnny Utah

Yeah I just don't understand why Lombardi and Co doesn't want Loktionov PLAYING in Manchester or Schenn and Clifford PLAYING in juniors rather than watching in Los Angeles. Fine with Lewis being a spare scrub, he is older and been around the AHL-NHL, but these other kids are very young.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:43 PM
JDM

You guys are talking about a handful of games. This isn't the way the roster will stay for the whole season, probably not even October. Watching his team play its new system from the press box for a night or two will not hamper Loki or Schenn or Cliff IN ANY WAY. Yeesh.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
You guys are talking about a handful of games. This isn't the way the roster will stay for the whole season, probably not even October. Watching his team play its new system from the press box for a night or two will not hamper Loki or Schenn or Cliff IN ANY WAY. Yeesh.
This.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 08:37 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
If he demands an obscene amount of money, then yea.
Yeah, and that "if" hasn't been answered yet, but still people are just assuming and wanting him gone. They assumed the same last contract and look at the huge amount he ended up getting.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 08:41 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Difference is I saw Lahoux and Aullin play and they could not even carry Loktionov's jock. Loktionov will be an NHL top 6 player whether its with the Kings or someone else. He may be already the best passer on the team. Unlike Purcell he does not need time and space to make the pass. His weakness is face offs and like many Euro's looks to make the pretty play to often. If there is no room for him to be a top 6 then he should go to Manchester but will be the first to get called up if one of them goes down.

Unless they get off to a great start Schenn and Clifford also need to go down when Parse gets back(If it is within 9 games). So adjust the 4th line between Clifford/Lewis/Schenn/Westgarth/Harrold and baring any injuries when Parse gets back move Richardson down. Richardson on the 4th line is best so we can use him on the PK and keeps the minutes spread out to keep everyone fresh.
Yep, not singling anyone out, just stating an observation of the general uberlove for players no older than 22 who have yet to make the NHL (unless they are Hickey or Teubert apparently) on this board, and the coresponding dislike for older veterans who have proved a lot more (aka Stoll).

Old
10-05-2010, 08:45 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
After seeing how it's worked for the Hawks(Keith & Campbell), I don't see DL spending upwards of $12-13M on 2 defenseman. Being that Doughty is gonna get 6-6.5.
Keith and Seabrook would be a much better comparision, and if Johnson can play up to Seabrook's level, I'd pay the two $12-13 million for the next decade.

Old
10-05-2010, 08:51 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:

While I don't want Loktionov, Schenn, Lewis sitting around all season, what's wrong with them sitting or playing sparsey for a few games at the start of the season? I mean, imagine how much you can learn just by hanging out with an NHL club for a few weeks during a time when games count and they are on the road. Learning how to be a professional is as important as learning how to be a professional hockey player and I have no issues with them hanging around as spares and playing in spots for a few days or weeks until Parse comes back or that nine game limit is reached.

Old
10-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

Well said.

I think I remember DL talking about one of the things you do with prospects it that to show they are on the right track you put them into a few NHL games. Gives them an idea of what they need to work on and shows just how hard the game can be and is.

I think both are parts of this situation. You want to give a reward and the same time show them what they need to become.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 08:54 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:
Yeah I just don't understand why Lombardi and Co doesn't want Loktionov PLAYING in Manchester or Schenn and Clifford PLAYING in juniors rather than watching in Los Angeles. Fine with Lewis being a spare scrub, he is older and been around the AHL-NHL, but these other kids are very young.
Who ever said they were going to be sitting and watching? They might, but who said so yet?

Old
10-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Johnny Utah

2 of them will...did you not do the math?

Westgarth is a lock for the 4th line RW...so the Kings need a LW and a C....that would be one of Schenn/Lewis/Loktionov at center and Clifford on LW....so 2 of those centers that don't get picked will sit. They also have the option of putting Lewis at LW, so Clifford could sit too...

Old
10-05-2010, 10:44 PM
johnjm22

Quote:

Westgarth is a lock for the 4th line RW...so the Kings need a LW and a C....that would be one of Schenn/Lewis/Loktionov at center and Clifford on LW....so 2 of those centers that don't get picked will sit. They also have the option of putting Lewis at LW, so Clifford could sit too...
Yeah but he'll probably only play in 50-60 games.

Until Parse comes back (which moves Richie down to the 4th line), I think we'll see 3 different 4th line Combinations over the first 9 games of the season:

Clifford-Schenn-Westgarth

Clifford-Loktionov-Westgarth

Clifford-Schenn-Lewis

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:36 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:

Yeah I do math. Thanks for the insult though, real pro of you.

My statement was meant to ask where it said that Loktionov or Schenn or Westgarth would be sitting? I don't recall a quote anywhere saying that and unless you are on the coaching staff you don't know either. Just because they are the young guys doesn't mean they will sit.

Old
10-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Johnny Utah

Wasn't trying to be an ahole dude but if read Hammond's blog the 4th line is the only line in question for Sat's game...the top 9 are set...Richardson moves into Parse's spot on the 2nd line so at this point only 3 of Westgarth, Lewis, Clifford, Schenn and Loki will be playing....

Who else can the Kings sit? Kopitar, Smyth, Brown, Richie, Stoll, Williams, Poni, Simmonds and Zeus are everyday players. That's the top 9.

Old
10-06-2010, 12:23 AM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

And you may be right. I'm just saying you don't know.

It really wouldn't shock me to see Richardson on the fourth line and Schenn or Loktionov on the 2nd, despite what people feel, at least for a game or two. I don't think Parse is a lock to return to the line up on the top two lines, and his spot isn't a sure fill for Richardson in my opinion either.

Obviously someone is sitting, but I'd rather wait to see the line up before complaining about who gets sat out.

And like I said earlier, is it really that big of an issue if these guys sit in the press box for say five games before being sent back to Brandon/Manchester?

Old
10-06-2010, 12:27 AM
vital

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
And you may be right. I'm just saying you don't know.

It really wouldn't shock me to see Richardson on the fourth line and Schenn or Loktionov on the 2nd, despite what people feel, at least for a game or two. I don't think Parse is a lock to return to the line up on the top two lines, and his spot isn't a sure fill for Richardson in my opinion either.

Obviously someone is sitting, but I'd rather wait to see the line up before complaining about who gets sat out.

And like I said earlier, is it really that big of an issue if these guys sit in the press box for say five games before being sent back to Brandon/Manchester?
Even if that happened, it wouldnt change the fact that 2 of clifford, lewis, schenn, and Lokti will sit.

vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 09:21 AM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vital View Post
Even if that happened, it wouldnt change the fact that 2 of clifford, lewis, schenn, and Lokti will sit.
Once again, not arguing that. I'm saying nowhere does it state that it will be Schenn and/or Loktionov and/or Clifford sitting, which is what JU seems to imply. I don't think there will be a huge complaint if Westgarth and Lewis sit to start the season, at least until the Kings decide if they are keeping Schenn and Clifford all season, and if Loktionov should go down to Manchester or not.

All that's going on is the Kings haven't decided who to commit themselves too for the season yet of these three kids.

Old
10-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Wasn't trying to be an ahole dude but if read Hammond's blog the 4th line is the only line in question for Sat's game...the top 9 are set...Richardson moves into Parse's spot on the 2nd line so at this point only 3 of Westgarth, Lewis, Clifford, Schenn and Loki will be playing....

Who else can the Kings sit? Kopitar, Smyth, Brown, Richie, Stoll, Williams, Poni, Simmonds and Zeus are everyday players. That's the top 9.
JU,

There is a chance of injury every game so with Manchester not starting their play until the 16th and 9 game trials for Schenn and Clifford I'm sure DL & Co. wants to play things out. Loktionov impressed so much they arn't 100% sure what to do. I lot can happen in 9 NHL games.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 10:50 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
JU,

There is a chance of injury every game so with Manchester not starting their play until the 16th and 9 game trials for Schenn and Clifford I'm sure DL & Co. wants to play things out. Loktionov impressed so much they arn't 100% sure what to do. I lot can happen in 9 NHL games.
Iunno, I guess I'm starting to understand a little where DL is coming from.. keep him up here with the boys for a little, let him get familiar with the team and then give him personal goals when he goes down, I'm talking like top scorer in the AHL, rip the league up. Stay healthy and you'll get a spot next season, look at Bernier, Hickey is going through the same thing as Loktionov. If both can prove to stay healthy and play well consistently, they'll be the #1 options for call ups and hopefully make the club next year. Clearly we can all agree that Loktionov won't be a spare forward all year lol, he'll stay here for a little and eventually get sent down in favor of someone like Rich Clune, who you can afford to keep up here as a spare forward alongside Trevor Lewis

Just my opinion

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Winger23

Quote:
JU,

Agreed. Hopefully Stoll gets a hangnail (Don't want Stolly to be in pain) and is out for a few weeks so we can see just how ready these kids are.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 11:41 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Lewis should be the 4th line center period. He killed this pre season with his play. Westy Lewis and Clune always was a scoring threat while on the ice and taking care of business in there own end. Not to mention his PK in Vegas, twice he had a for check and kept the puck deep behind the net all by himself. The 4th line should be Clifford Lewis and Westy.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Lewis should be the 4th line center period. He killed this pre season with his play. Westy Lewis and Clune always was a scoring threat while on the ice and taking care of business in there own end. Not to mention his PK in Vegas, twice he had a for check and kept the puck deep behind the net all by himself. The 4th line should be Clifford Lewis and Westy.
Have to agree here. If Parse and Stoll don't cut it on the 2nd line then we're in deep **** because there's no way DL has 5+ rookies on this team.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote