HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 2010-11 CHL and NCAA Prospect Update Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2010, 04:02 PM
  #51
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
If this is meant to be a comprehensive and complete list then Martin Nolet from U Mass could be added as well. He's a senior this year and the Kings do technically still own his rights...
Nolet was a senior last season. The Kings no longer have his rights.

Sam is online now  
Old
10-12-2010, 04:12 PM
  #52
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Nolet was a senior last season. The Kings no longer have his rights.
Sorry, could of swore he was a junior last year. Just checked and you're right.

tigermask48 is offline  
Old
10-15-2010, 08:57 PM
  #53
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
I read on the college board that the UND bus was rear-ended on the way to their game. No injuries though.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
10-16-2010, 01:15 PM
  #54
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
Forbort picked up 2 more assists last night in a 5-2 win.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
10-16-2010, 01:20 PM
  #55
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,215
vCash: 500
Forbort is tied for the team lead in points with 5 in 3 games. Not bad for a freshman, and a defenseman no less.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
10-16-2010, 10:46 PM
  #56
MarcPiquesFan
Registered User
 
MarcPiquesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hull
Country: Canada
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Ever wonder how hard is Nicolas Deslauriers' shot?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ9ZkVTf6yU


Last edited by MarcPiquesFan: 10-17-2010 at 12:26 AM.
MarcPiquesFan is offline  
Old
10-17-2010, 12:00 AM
  #57
Firenze
Robynho
 
Firenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Brazil
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
WHL:

Jordan Weal: 2G 2A -1 (Regina Pats 4-7 Kootenay Ice)
Linden Vey: 4A +3 (Edmonton Oil Kings 4-6 Medicine Hat Tigers)

OHL:

Robbie Czarnik: 1G 1A +1 (Windsor Spitfires 1-4 Plymouth Whalers)
Tyler Toffoli: 1A +1 (Ottawa 67's 6-3 Erie Otters)

QMJHL:

Nicolas Deslauriers: 2A +2 (Chicoutimi Sagueneens 3-4 Gatineau Olympiques)



Great night for Kings' prospects

Firenze is offline  
Old
10-17-2010, 01:41 AM
  #58
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Deslauriers looks way bigger than anyone else in that video.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
10-17-2010, 03:45 AM
  #59
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 500
friggen disappointed with Toffoli so far, I'm expecting a 40-50 goal season from him lol but they're not even playing him that much from what I see..

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
10-17-2010, 04:52 PM
  #60
Csonked Out
Registered User
 
Csonked Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 1,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Forbort is tied for the team lead in points with 5 in 3 games. Not bad for a freshman, and a defenseman no less.
Forbort has been absolutely dominant so far this season. He is the real deal, I would compare his style to that of Paul Martin as a very complete defenseman. Very strong in his own zone, can jump in the play with ease, and can play special teams. Kids his age just don't do this in the WCHA, Nick Leddy struggled mightly in Minnesota for a good portion of the season and Forbort is looking like a damn seasoned vet. If his play continues like this, he will not be back at North Dakota for a second season, his play has been that damn good.

Csonked Out is offline  
Old
10-17-2010, 11:45 PM
  #61
Firenze
Robynho
 
Firenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Brazil
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
Tonight:

Tyler Toffoli 1G 1A
Nicolas Deslauriers 1A

Firenze is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 12:02 AM
  #62
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
Forbort has been absolutely dominant so far this season. He is the real deal, I would compare his style to that of Paul Martin as a very complete defenseman. Very strong in his own zone, can jump in the play with ease, and can play special teams. Kids his age just don't do this in the WCHA, Nick Leddy struggled mightly in Minnesota for a good portion of the season and Forbort is looking like a damn seasoned vet. If his play continues like this, he will not be back at North Dakota for a second season, his play has been that damn good.
Where will he be lol? Not in LA, I can guarantee you that, I think the organization see him more as a project player, someone with huge upside and raw talent.

This might be a stupid question but what is the rule for NCAA players and the CHL? For example, can Forbort leave North Dakota next year and play for a CHL team.. Kind of like what Robbie Czarnik did last year?

Thanks

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 12:40 AM
  #63
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Where will he be lol? Not in LA, I can guarantee you that, I think the organization see him more as a project player, someone with huge upside and raw talent.

This might be a stupid question but what is the rule for NCAA players and the CHL? For example, can Forbort leave North Dakota next year and play for a CHL team.. Kind of like what Robbie Czarnik did last year?

Thanks
Yes.

In fact, I think he could play in the AHL.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
10-18-2010, 12:46 AM
  #64
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
North Dakota is a great program. I'd be happy keeping him there as long as he wanted to stay there.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 04:19 PM
  #65
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
North Dakota is a great program. I'd be happy keeping him there as long as he wanted to stay there.
Same. Some people forget how long it takes for young defensemen to develop due to the success of some of the NHL's recent young superstars. It used to be that a Dman would play four years in college no matter what. North Dakota is the perfect place for him right now.

no name is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
  #66
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Same. Some people forget how long it takes for young defensemen to develop due to the success of some of the NHL's recent young superstars. It used to be that a Dman would play four years in college no matter what. North Dakota is the perfect place for him right now.
Ya, that's why I don't understand when people say Hickey and Teubert are busts. We're spoiled with Drew Doughty, a guy who just hoped out of the OHL straight to the NHL and fit. Defenseman take longer to develop..

Personally, I like prospects to come out of the CHL system, it's the closest to the NHL and the transition is easier. DL & co. have a track record of drafting through the CHL in the first round too, that's why I was shocked when we took Forbort. For example, Czarnik going from Michigan to Plymouth, another solid example is John Carlson. Drafted as a sophomore, out of Indiana Ice of the USHL in 2008, 1st round pick by the Caps, the year after the draft, transfered to the London Knights and played alongside John Tavares, Michael Del Zotto and Nazem Kadri (I think). Put up nasty points (16 goals, 60 assists in 59 games), now look at him, solid contributer for the Caps and he was drafted same year as Doughty/Teubert/Voynov. I'm not against NCAA players whatsoever, in fact, all of you keep saying North Dakota is a great program (I only know Matt Greene & Zach Parise went there), but we were able to make the Forbort pick because of our depth at D. Forbort is a project, I think, I don't expect to see him in LA for another 2-3 years, unless he goes to Manchester next year or transfers to the OHL, then I can see him here a lot sooner.


Last edited by AKAY47: 10-18-2010 at 04:45 PM.
AKAY47 is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 05:00 PM
  #67
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
North Dakota is a great program. I'd be happy keeping him there as long as he wanted to stay there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Same. Some people forget how long it takes for young defensemen to develop due to the success of some of the NHL's recent young superstars. It used to be that a Dman would play four years in college no matter what. North Dakota is the perfect place for him right now.
I agree with both of you. Just providing an answer to a question.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
10-18-2010, 05:27 PM
  #68
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 500
It's only 5 games into his first season. Let's see how the season goes before we make plans for Forbort. There's absolutely no reason to rush this kid.

Fat Elvis is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 06:51 PM
  #69
Csonked Out
Registered User
 
Csonked Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 1,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Ya, that's why I don't understand when people say Hickey and Teubert are busts. We're spoiled with Drew Doughty, a guy who just hoped out of the OHL straight to the NHL and fit. Defenseman take longer to develop..

Personally, I like prospects to come out of the CHL system, it's the closest to the NHL and the transition is easier. DL & co. have a track record of drafting through the CHL in the first round too, that's why I was shocked when we took Forbort. For example, Czarnik going from Michigan to Plymouth, another solid example is John Carlson. Drafted as a sophomore, out of Indiana Ice of the USHL in 2008, 1st round pick by the Caps, the year after the draft, transfered to the London Knights and played alongside John Tavares, Michael Del Zotto and Nazem Kadri (I think). Put up nasty points (16 goals, 60 assists in 59 games), now look at him, solid contributer for the Caps and he was drafted same year as Doughty/Teubert/Voynov. I'm not against NCAA players whatsoever, in fact, all of you keep saying North Dakota is a great program (I only know Matt Greene & Zach Parise went there), but we were able to make the Forbort pick because of our depth at D. Forbort is a project, I think, I don't expect to see him in LA for another 2-3 years, unless he goes to Manchester next year or transfers to the OHL, then I can see him here a lot sooner.
Some of the others you will recognize are the following:

Jonathan Toews
Travis Zajac
Drew Stafford
Mike Commodore
TJ Oshie
Jason Blake
Ryan Johnson
Ed Belfour
Jon Casey

I have been following the program for years and trust me he is in the right program, the kid is just unreal. I have never seen a defenseman look this good so early on ever, and there has been a lot of big names that have come through the WCHA. His stride is almost effortless, he has a great first pass, and a low hard shot. I know many in LA think he is a project, but it may not be a very long project. I am going to enjoy watching him this year and will take every year after as gravy if he does stay because the kid is a stud. On a side note, if any of you have Fox Sports on your dish or cable you can watch every UND home game all year long as UND has a contract with them.

Csonked Out is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 07:09 PM
  #70
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,952
vCash: 500
I'll be watching Forbort live this weekend to give my input.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 10:34 PM
  #71
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
Some of the others you will recognize are the following:

Jonathan Toews
Travis Zajac
Drew Stafford
Mike Commodore
TJ Oshie
Jason Blake
Ryan Johnson
Ed Belfour
Jon Casey

I have been following the program for years and trust me he is in the right program, the kid is just unreal. I have never seen a defenseman look this good so early on ever, and there has been a lot of big names that have come through the WCHA. His stride is almost effortless, he has a great first pass, and a low hard shot. I know many in LA think he is a project, but it may not be a very long project. I am going to enjoy watching him this year and will take every year after as gravy if he does stay because the kid is a stud. On a side note, if any of you have Fox Sports on your dish or cable you can watch every UND home game all year long as UND has a contract with them.
Wow, you're making me super excited about the pick hahaha. Your input on Forbort's games is valuable on these boards, we appreciate it, keep letting us know how he's doing. Thanks man!

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
10-19-2010, 01:06 PM
  #72
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer
 
BallPointHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland, USA
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Yes.

In fact, I think he could play in the AHL.
This explains it.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=417096

Forbert turned 18 this past March 4th, so he could play in the AHL right now.

BallPointHammer is offline  
Old
10-19-2010, 09:49 PM
  #73
Csonked Out
Registered User
 
Csonked Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 1,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Wow, you're making me super excited about the pick hahaha. Your input on Forbort's games is valuable on these boards, we appreciate it, keep letting us know how he's doing. Thanks man!
No problem, also if your looking for a Gem next year, the son of former NHL Player Craig Simpson is with UND this year as a 17 year old. Dillon Simpson was the AJHL rookie of the year last year as a defenseman scoring 12 goals and 28 assists for 41 points in 58 games as a 16 year old. He has the potential to be a first or second round pick depending on how the season plays out for him. He is still so young as he isn't draft eligible until this next year, but keep an eye on him throughout the year as he has the potential to make some noise.

Csonked Out is offline  
Old
10-20-2010, 09:13 PM
  #74
riznat
Registered User
 
riznat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
Toffoli having a good game, 1g 2a with 5 minutes left, they have a 4-2 lead.

riznat is offline  
Old
10-20-2010, 10:30 PM
  #75
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
If Toff can overcome that really weird/awkward pivot to power step of his he could become a very solid NHLer. I could see him fitting in as a hard nosed soft handed 2nd liner who can work in front of the net on the PP.

Keep it up Toff!

etherialone is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.