HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings 2010-11 CHL and NCAA Prospect Update Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2010, 06:26 PM
T2M

vCash: 500
And to think, with all of this offensive talent in the minors, Schenn sitting in LA as a healthy scratch, and the team playing as well as it is.... Everybody's going to get as long as they need to develop. We could blow a first round pick right now and not miss a beat in terms of development. It's getting hard to imagine just how stocked the pipeline is going to be in a couple of years when we keep drafting the way we have been. The 3 of the 5 picks from last year are looking great and we haven't even been talking about Weal a whole lot. Quality and quantity. That's the way to build a winner.

Old
11-14-2010, 06:50 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Sorry for bad news, but Nicolas Deslauriers left the game today after a dirty kneeing he received. I don't want to be negative, but I think he will miss at least a month if not more. I wish it's not a season-ending injury. And you know the worst in that? He isn't the only defenseman who got injured in this game, his teammate Hugo Laporte received a back-head elbow and I think he has a concussion.

If I have news, I will post it here.

Old
11-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post
Sorry for bad news, but Nicolas Deslauriers left the game today after a dirty kneeing he received. I don't want to be negative, but I think he will miss at least a month if not more. I wish it's not a season-ending injury. And you know the worst in that? He isn't the only defenseman who got injured in this game, his teammate Hugo Laporte received a back-head elbow and I think he has a concussion.

If I have news, I will post it here.
Bah. That's horrible. I wish him a full recovery.

Thanks for the updates. We appreciate them.

Old
11-14-2010, 09:31 PM
MarcPiquesFan

I have an update, but it's not a very big one...

"""

The Olympiques also lost defencemen Hugo Laporte (head) and Nicolas Deslauriers (knee) to injuries. If the team had to play today, those two wouldn’t, Groulx said, but he did credit the on-ice officials with keeping control of the game.

“The referees did a really good job,” he said. “It wasn’t an easy game (to officiate), and it could have become dangerous if they didn’t do such a good job.”

"""

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...#ixzz15JmMCgKg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not a lot, but it still a confirmation of the gravity of the injuries...

And seriously, I don't get Groulx comments on the referees. They totally lost the control of the game and this is why his two d-men got injured... I don't know what's going on with this coach, but geez, he made sometimes very stupid comments...

Old
11-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Lucky Luke

It looks like Deslauriers' shot at Team Canada Junior may be in jeopardy.
That would be too bad as he was on quite a roll.

Old
11-15-2010, 02:46 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Yeah, he was walking with crutch after the game and I think he'll meet the medical personal today...

Old
11-15-2010, 03:18 PM
wicker

Thanks for all of the info you guys provide us with.

Old
11-15-2010, 08:14 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Deslauriers will be out for at least 6 weeks... The organization will be fix tomorrow on the exact length of his absence. One thing sure : his injury will hurt the team a lot and he wouldn't be return in time for the WJC...

We are all waiting for a suspension, but my guess is that nothing will happen...

Old
11-15-2010, 08:33 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Here's a link, sorry it's in french, but you just have to click on the video to start it, I don't think anyone needs images to understand how Deslauriers got injured... The knwwing on Deslauriers is at 0:35.

http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/309962.html

Old
11-15-2010, 08:56 PM
northernKing

Maxim Kitsyn scored on a Dustin Brown like move in the shootout vs Team OHL today. After scoring he also did a funny little dance/jig to get back at the fans for booing him LOL! He was checked close all game and the commentators said he was one of the players the CHL teams had been keying in on. 2-1 final team OHL in shoot out.

Old
11-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Maxim Kitsyn scored on a Dustin Brown like move in the shootout vs Team OHL today. After scoring he also did a funny little dance/jig to get back at the fans for booing him LOL! He was checked close all game and the commentators said he was one of the players the CHL teams had been keying in on. 2-1 final team OHL in shoot out.

Wait......what?! Does that mean that Kitsyn is in North America, or what?

Old
11-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Wait......what?! Does that mean that Kitsyn is in North America, or what?
Super Series...

Old
11-16-2010, 10:24 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Here's a link, sorry it's in french, but you just have to click on the video to start it, I don't think anyone needs images to understand how Deslauriers got injured... The knwwing on Deslauriers is at 0:35.

http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/309962.html
Thanks for that. After watching it a couple times if a major penalty was called I'd be alright with that. Nothing really blatantly dirty about the hit and Deslauriers didn't help matters by trying to avoid the collision...

On a side note, is the CHL always this crazy with lines brawls and borderline hits? There seems to be a ton of games this year that have gotten out of hand, or at least way more than I remember in past years.

Old
11-16-2010, 12:24 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Thanks for that. After watching it a couple times if a major penalty was called I'd be alright with that. Nothing really blatantly dirty about the hit and Deslauriers didn't help matters by trying to avoid the collision...

On a side note, is the CHL always this crazy with lines brawls and borderline hits? There seems to be a ton of games this year that have gotten out of hand, or at least way more than I remember in past years.
This type of games are not frequent, but more and more cheap shots are given... I don't know why this game is particular turned into a brawl, I mean, this is the first time of the season both team met and I don't see how they can hate themselves... My opinion is that by calling every single legal it at the beginning of the game, the referees create some frustration on both sides...

Since the League's new rules have been added, the number of cheap shots have ridiculously increase... Tire of receiving cheap shots on our best players games after games, our coach decided to bring some tough guys on our line-up. Since we have our goon, we are 5-1-2 and no cheap shots have been given. Suddenly, our goon got his shoulder dislocated, boom! Two cheap shots on Deslauriers in two games, our two best d-men get injured and our small forward were aimed all game long... This is ridiculous...

PS = The guy received a 2 min for his kneeing on Deslauriers. And he's also a well known player in the League for his cheap shots. Last season, he got suspended 15 games...

Old
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Some horrible news for Deslauriers, it looks like Toffoli might be our only prospect with a legit shot at making the canadian junior team, unless Brayden Schenn gets sent down or DL gives him the consent to go down and play for team Canada (kinda like Moller in '08 - and we all know how that turned out). Jordan Weal will be looked at too..

Old
11-16-2010, 07:34 PM
riznat

Toffoli named OHL player of the week:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...er-of-the-week

"Toffoli led the OHL with nine points in three games scoring six goals and three assists with a plus-minus rating of plus-7"

Old
11-16-2010, 09:11 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Nicolas Deslauriers was looking like a wounded soldier Tuesday at the morning practice. His knee was immobilize in an orthosis, he had lacerations on his face plus a black eye. He's officially out for the rest of the year (by year, I mean 2010, not season) and like he said to Le Droit (newspaper from Gatineau), he don't want to return earlier like Markov did and get injured again at the same place.

We will know today if there is any sanctions against the kneeing he received and all the other cheap shots that were given in this game...

Old
11-16-2010, 09:33 PM
wicker

Quote:
Nicolas Deslauriers was looking like a wounded soldier Tuesday at the morning practice. His knee was immobilize in an orthosis, he had lacerations on his face plus a black eye. He's officially out for the rest of the year (by year, I mean 2010, not season) and like he said to Le Droit (newspaper from Gatineau), he don't want to return earlier like Markov did and get injured again at the same place.

We will know today if there is any sanctions against the kneeing he received and all the other cheap shots that were given in this game...
Man, that's terrible, but thanks for the info.

Old
11-17-2010, 02:55 PM
MarcPiquesFan

No suspension for the kneeing on Deslauriers...

The two others received respectively 3 and 4 games for their sucker punch...

Old
11-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
No suspension for the kneeing on Deslauriers...

The two others received respectively 3 and 4 games for their sucker punch...
I'm one of Deslauriers' biggest fans and I really appreciate your updates. Hopefully he can make a full recovery. It would have been great had he made the WJC.

Old
11-17-2010, 05:30 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Finally, the reason why there is no suspension is because the Gatineau organization didn't complain about the kneeing. They probably have better angle then we have, so...

Anyway, it will be interesting to see the reaction of Deslauriers when he will return. In this League, 16 teams out of 18 make the playoff, so anything can happen, whatever where you are rank. With Deslauriers coming back in January and Hubert Labrie (Dallas prospect and also our captain) in march, I'm eager to see how our defensive squad will look like in the playoffs!

--------------------------------------------------

By the way, I saw a few times Tyler Toffoli play last season and he impressed me. Last year, the Olympiques and the 67's met in a exhibition mini-serie (1 game at Ottawa, 1 game at Gatineau) and I think he scored like 3 goals against the Olympiques! He has a major league shot and I heard a lot of good things on him. I thought he was going to be draft by either Ottawa or San Jose, but Ottawa sold their 1st pick and San Jose chose Coyle. I was sure he was going to be a 1st rounder, nice pick by the Kings!

Old
11-17-2010, 09:31 PM
MarcPiquesFan

By the way, do you know Deslauriers is actually playing for the same team Luc Robitaille played in his junior career?

Old
11-17-2010, 09:35 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
By the way, do you know Deslauriers is actually playing for the same team Luc Robitaille played in his junior career?
Hahahaha yeah! So close to my house too, I live literally on the border of Ottawa and Hull, near Island Park.. Not sure if you know where that is, I keep telling myself I'm going to go watch one of Deslauriers games, but I guess I can't really do that for another while

Old
11-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Jebus
Hey you guys!

Russia just won free subway sandwiches with a win over the WHL tonight. I only caught the third period but Kitsyn looked really good. Scored a goal and has a quick, powerful stride.

Linden Vey was given the player of the game for the WHL side. He was all over the ice in the third and the commentators are saying that Vey is now going to get some serious consideration for Team Canada at the WJC.

Old
11-19-2010, 05:13 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Update on Deslauriers

The final diagnostic is : partial tear of the inside lateral collateral ligament (aka LCL) + small fracture of the external tibial plateau.

In hockey words : out for 2 mounts (or 8 weeks if you prefer).

It means he's expect to be back in mid-January.

If you want a picture (clipart style) of the injury :
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/plante...r-deslauriers/

Closed Thread