HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 2010-11 CHL and NCAA Prospect Update Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Wow, what a bummer.

Old
11-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Kitsyn wants to play for Mississauga (OHL), http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...rhockey-287451

Old
11-20-2010, 12:42 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Another goal for Toffoli tonight haha, kid is ripping it up!

On a side note, my dad owns an italian restaurant over here in Ottawa and I delivered 30 lasagnas to the Belleville Bulls after their game tonight vs the 67s. Was going to wait for Toffoli to come out and ask for an autograph but it was too cold

Old
11-20-2010, 12:59 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Neat, now if the delivery was before the game..........

I have a Toffoli press picture that is signed and will be in Ott in two weeks, care to make a deal?

I plate of pasta and gravy?

Old
11-20-2010, 01:02 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Neat, now if the delivery was before the game..........

I have a Toffoli press picture that is signed and will be in Ott in two weeks, care to make a deal?

I plate of pasta and gravy?

Hahahahaha sounds good! It's called Napoli's, Island Park & Richmond Rd., do you know where that is? My uncle's own a Napoli's in Stittsville and the Sens always go there

Old
11-20-2010, 01:10 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I know the area for sure.

Done! You can have the pic for nothing, if the pasta's good I don't mind paying.

December 10th is when I get into Ott for a week, can't wait.

Old
11-20-2010, 09:42 PM
northernKing

Halfway point of the game and Linden Vey has natural hat trick in 3-0 game. He is third in WHL scoring.

Old
11-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Tiger Trauma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Halfway point of the game and Linden Vey has natural hat trick in 3-0 game. He is third in WHL scoring.
Vey is on an absolute tear. 11 points, +12 rating in his last 3 games.

Old
11-21-2010, 12:42 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Toffoli potted one tonight. 20 Goals in 24 games.

Old
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

Saw the 67's and Rangers game today.

Toffoli was in one word...a beast. I'm not sure there is a hotter player in the CHL right now. Toffoli now has a 7 game goal scoring streak, with 11 goals in that span. That's including the two he scored this afternoon (even though I'm pretty sure one went off Shane Prince's skate). He could have easily had the hat trick, with another shot wringing off the post. I think the biggest difference in Toffoli's game this year, and even from the start of the season (when he started kind of cold) is that his conditioning has significantly improved. He's all over the ice now, on the forecheck, leading the rush with the puck and playing defensively. He has the stamina to be considerably more active without the puck and it's leading to a significant increase in scoring chances. The first goal was off a drop pass from Ryan Martindale in between the slot and the blueline. It was a rather harmless looking play until Toffoli absolutely roofed a laser of a slapshot over the glove of Morrison. The second goal was off a similar play, but his slapshot was just off the ice and it appeared to deflect off something in front of the net (I think Shane Prince's skate). He then proceeded to score in the shootout with a well placed shot just off the ice and inside the far post. He certainly picked a good time to heat up with Canada's selection camp being named in the next few weeks.

Old
11-21-2010, 06:16 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I don't even wanna think about how many he will score next season. Being that he won't be WJC eligible and likely won't make the Kings.

Old
11-21-2010, 06:24 PM
BigBrown
Now what will we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post

Toffoli was in one word...a beast. I'm not sure there is a hotter player in the CHL right now. Toffoli now has a 7 game goal scoring streak, with 11 goals in that span. That's including the two he scored this afternoon (even though I'm pretty sure one went off Shane Prince's skate). He could have easily had the hat trick, with another shot wringing off the post. I think the biggest difference in Toffoli's game this year, and even from the start of the season (when he started kind of cold) is that his conditioning has significantly improved. He's all over the ice now, on the forecheck, leading the rush with the puck and playing defensively. He has the stamina to be considerably more active without the puck and it's leading to a significant increase in scoring chances. The first goal was off a drop pass from Ryan Martindale in between the slot and the blueline. It was a rather harmless looking play until Toffoli absolutely roofed a laser of a slapshot over the glove of Morrison. The second goal was off a similar play, but his slapshot was just off the ice and it appeared to deflect off something in front of the net (I think Shane Prince's skate). He then proceeded to score in the shootout with a well placed shot just off the ice and inside the far post. He certainly picked a good time to heat up with Canada's selection camp being named in the next few weeks.
Thanks! Nice to have a sniper in the organization that isn't like 5'8

Old
11-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post

Many thanks for this Brock. Greatly appreciated.

I am curious, how is his skating?

Old
11-21-2010, 11:04 PM
KingsCourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Kitsyn wants to play for Mississauga (OHL), http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...rhockey-287451
wow..i think he could be steal of the draft, maybe our dats or zetter...fingers crossed!

nice to see tyler burning it up in the OHL, a sniper...wow, we need one of those.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:09 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I told you guys and everyone thought I was ridiculous when I said it but I sincerely think that Tyler Toffoli is our version of Dany Heatley, he reminds me of him so much lol.. Obviously he's got long ways to be Heater but right now, that's who I'd compare him to

Old
11-22-2010, 09:30 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I told you guys and everyone thought I was ridiculous when I said it but I sincerely think that Tyler Toffoli is our version of Dany Heatley, he reminds me of him so much lol.. Obviously he's got long ways to be Heater but right now, that's who I'd compare him to
You know what? I didn't want to compare him the Heatley because I didn't see him on a regular base, so I can't really do that, but now that you've made the comparison.... I will back you on this one!

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, your Kings are going to face my Habs! I feel it's going to be a very good game. I'm eager to see Kopitar, Doughty, Brown and I hope Jo Bernier will be the starting goalie!

Old
11-22-2010, 09:32 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post

Wednesday, your Kings are going to face my Habs! I feel it's going to be a very good game. I'm eager to see Kopitar, Doughty, Brown and I hope Jo Bernier will be the starting goalie!
Bernier is slated to start in front of his home town fans...

Old
11-22-2010, 11:21 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post
You know what? I didn't want to compare him the Heatley because I didn't see him on a regular base, so I can't really do that, but now that you've made the comparison.... I will back you on this one!

-------------------------------------

Yup, Bernier starting against the Canadians, I was thinking about going to the game in MTL but decided not to lol, I was the Kings-Sens game tonight, it was wild and we got robbed

Old
11-23-2010, 08:43 AM
MarcPiquesFan

What a goalie matchup it will be! Two of the most promising goaltender, I don't want to miss that!

Good game!

Old
11-23-2010, 08:53 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I don't even wanna think about how many he will score next season. Being that he won't be WJC eligible and likely won't make the Kings.
He's born April 24 1992. So next yr he will be only 19 when the WJC's are held. He will be eligible to play in this yrs and next yrs WJC's.

Old
11-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Rommel

Old
11-23-2010, 09:13 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
awesome video, kid is a snipeshow

Old
11-23-2010, 10:52 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
He's born April 24 1992. So next yr he will be only 19 when the WJC's are held. He will be eligible to play in this yrs and next yrs WJC's.
Oh ok.

Old
11-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Tiger Trauma

Linden Vey with a 5 point night 2g 3a to take over the whl scoring race tonight.

43 points in 22 games.

He is making a strong case for himself to get invited to Team Canada.

Old
11-23-2010, 11:41 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Trauma View Post
Linden Vey with a 5 point night 2g 3a to take over the whl scoring race tonight.

43 points in 22 games.

He is making a strong case for himself to get invited to Team Canada.
Have you seen him play? What style does he play? Is he a solid two way player? Thanks in advance

Closed Thread