HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tender deplores fan attitude towards Price

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2010, 12:54 AM
  #1
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 500
Tender deplores fan attitude towards Price

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_accueil_POS3

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:59 AM
  #2
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
C'est sr 100%.

I can totally picture him saying this

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:05 AM
  #3
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Best thing Tender said since he left.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:09 AM
  #4
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Best thing Tender said since he left.
not sure why this made me laugh..lol

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:40 AM
  #5
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,285
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Best thing Tender said since he left.
True. However, this seems a lot like "you'll lose a franchise player like price...just like you lost a franchise player like me...right?...right? Anyone there?"

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:23 AM
  #6
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
tf is going on here!

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 03:52 AM
  #7
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
tf is going on here!
didnt you hear ? they going to change the H on the logo for a P

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:07 AM
  #8
Habarazzi
Registered User
 
Habarazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
didnt you hear ? they going to change the H on the logo for a P
I thought they already did ... judging by the amount of posts devoted to that punk.

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:12 AM
  #9
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
"Chaque fois qu'un joueur de talent quitte Montral, les gens chialent parce qu'il joue mieux ailleurs"
You should blame the coach on this one, Lats! The pressure in MTL didn't suddenly give wings to Lats and Ribs. The coachs wanted Lats to play a style he didn't want and Ribs started to take things seriously after being traded(words that came from Robidas' mouth).

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:19 AM
  #10
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You should blame the coach on this one, Lats! The pressure in MTL didn't suddenly give wings to Lats and Ribs. The coachs wanted Lats to play a style he didn't want and Ribs started to take things seriously after being traded(words that came from Robidas' mouth).
For once, there would be a positive thread about Lats on this board....and you actually try to change the topic of it to be a bashing thread once again?

Most people here knows what we think about the subject. That's done and over with. That thread was going in the right direction and now....watch how it will end up....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:31 AM
  #11
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For once, there would be a positive thread about Lats on this board....and you actually try to change the topic of it to be a bashing thread once again?

Most people here knows what we think about the subject. That's done and over with. That thread was going in the right direction and now....watch how it will end up....
You're talking to a fan of Lats right now. That's why I find curious to see him say he was bashed too as he was pretty popular in Montreal. If anything in his case the pressure came from the coachs.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:35 AM
  #12
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You're talking to a fan of Lats right now. That's why I find curious to see him say he was bashed too as he was pretty popular in Montreal. If anything in his case the pressure came from the coachs.
Latendresse comment has nothing to do with Latendresse. I don't think he was necessarily thinking of himself.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:37 AM
  #13
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You're talking to a fan of Lats right now. That's why I find curious to see him say he was bashed too as he was pretty popular in Montreal. If anything in his case the pressure came from the coachs.
I understand.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:41 AM
  #14
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Latendresse comment has nothing to do with Latendresse. I don't think he was necessarily thinking of himself.
Sure it's nice to see. But i'm beginning to think Lats likes to talk. A lot. Maybe he should have his own talk show.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:43 AM
  #15
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Sure it's nice to see. But i'm beginning to think Lats likes to talk. A lot. Maybe he should have his own talk show.
I think people should really really listen to Latendresse this time. I think he's spot on.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:49 AM
  #16
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I think people should really really listen to Latendresse this time. I think he's spot on.
There are 2 guys who would have some kind of impact. Lafleur and Roy. They should talk. Though, we didn't hear about a deal for Lafleur yet, if it indeed works, that will be part of his responsability....not only bash the team when it doesn't work.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:57 AM
  #17
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,820
vCash: 500
Fans would have to murder someone before Lafleur talk against them. They've been too good to him for so many years with all the glory of the 1970s. He'll never risk of severing that relationship.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:34 AM
  #18
habspinner
Registered User
 
habspinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There are 2 guys who would have some kind of impact. Lafleur and Roy. They should talk. Though, we didn't hear about a deal for Lafleur yet, if it indeed works, that will be part of his responsability....not only bash the team when it doesn't work.
Agreed, but I still believe the responsibility lies within management to stand up and comment on the fans booing. Gauthier needs to come out with a similar comment as Gainey made regarding Patrice Brisebois.

But I feel the damage is far too deep, and will never really repair itself. Latendresse is right, Price will leave, whether it be by trade or free agency, and will be a perfectly fine NHL goalie somewhere else.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:36 AM
  #19
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Agreed, but I still believe the responsibility lies within management to stand up and comment on the fans booing. Gauthier needs to come out with a similar comment as Gainey made regarding Patrice Brisebois.

But I feel the damage is far too deep, and will never really repair itself. Latendresse is right, Price will leave, whether it be by trade or free agency, and will be a perfectly fine NHL goalie somewhere else.
I feel the same. Another bright prospect burned.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:36 AM
  #20
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,777
vCash: 500
I'm all for boing the team as a whole when they suck, but fans should vent their frustrations vs a specific Habs player on open line radio shows, internet posts, in pubs etc... Or boo instead Chara, Grabovski...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:37 AM
  #21
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Lats is dead on.. unfortunately most of the ppl who boo are natural whining idiots and it won't change any time soon.


Last edited by Pascal: 09-25-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:51 AM
  #22
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You should blame the coach on this one, Lats! The pressure in MTL didn't suddenly give wings to Lats and Ribs. The coachs wanted Lats to play a style he didn't want and Ribs started to take things seriously after being traded(words that came from Robidas' mouth).
I remember when he left, he blamed the coach for pushing him to play a style he didn't want to, which is crashing the net, staying in front of the net right?

Then a couple of day ago, on L'Antichambre, Dave Morrissette ask him a question about his speed, Tendre reply that speed was never his strong, and this season, he will probably play with Havlat and PM Bouchard, he will let them do the skating and he will crash the net.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:01 AM
  #23
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Fans would have to murder someone before Lafleur talk against them. They've been too good to him for so many years with all the glory of the 1970s. He'll never risk of severing that relationship.
There's talking against them and asking them to be more patient. Saying that if the goal of the fans is to see their team succeed, that booing a young goalie is not the way to go. Clearly, he'd get away with that no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I remember when he left, he blamed the coach for pushing him to play a style he didn't want to, which is crashing the net, staying in front of the net right?

Then a couple of day ago, on L'Antichambre, Dave Morrissette ask him a question about his speed, Tendre reply that speed was never his strong, and this season, he will probably play with Havlat and PM Bouchard, he will let them do the skating and he will crash the net.
I think the problem lies on how Martin wants every single player to play defensively which made Lats lack of speed way more apparent with us than with them. Frankly, you see Lats now and then and you just can't believe he improved his foot speed on the way to Minny. As far as the crashing of the net goes, well he could have done more.....but he was playing, this year, on a line who was one of the worst ever....everybody remembers sucky Lapierre at the start of the season? There was not a whole lot of opportunities for him to do so. You go from Lapierre to Havlat, and you automatically look like a different player. The whole point was that he had it in him. He had showed it in the first seasons without not too much of icetime. In Minny, the first question he was asked was "What's your strengths and we'll play them". With the Habs, it was finish your checks and be responsible defensively. In Drummondville, Lats was bigger than most guys.....and even then, he wasn't finishing his checks too much. Add also the fact that once you are traded, it makes yourself understanding that you can't go from teams to teams, and some players get it. I hope Pouliot also gets it....'cause that's also has the label of another lopsided trade....and not in our favor.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:08 AM
  #24
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
I think most people think that Fans booing a player this early in the schedule is non productive. It's added pressure for what? It's not home ice advantage when your own fans scare you.. We should support our team and get the most out of them. Not give them added pressure.. Thanks for the support Tender

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:21 AM
  #25
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Mr

When players play like crap, they deserved to get booed. When players play like crap, AND show a bad attitude, they deserve to get booed even louder.

Stop trying to baby and protect multi-millionaire professional athletes. They get payed well enough to play and act like pro's.

And having said that, Lats obviously has lots of talent. He's skilled at using his big mouth in a number of versatile ways.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.