HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pope Benedict XVI defends Carey Price

Old
09-25-2010, 01:24 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

vCash: 500
Pope Benedict XVI defends Carey Price

Ok, sorry, there's no such news report. But I think a little irony might not hurt. So I think after François Gagnon, Luc Gélinas, Patrick Caisse, The Hockey News, Mathieu Darche, Jocelyn Thibault, Guillaume Latendresse, Jaroslav Halak, many TV journalists, the whole Habs team and Carey Price himself, it's really shocking that the pope hasn't reacted yet to defend Carey Price after he got booed the other day.

Seriously, I like Carey Price and I hope he succeeds here. But the way the journalists are nurturing him, it's sad to say, but it won't help at all. Too much is worse than not enough. One of the reasons why some fans are so impatient with Price is the inflated expectations created by the medias, by the Habs management and by the hockey world in general. But if the medias, the Habs management and the hockey world are always there to defend Price even when he doesn't perform, this will produce the reverse effect.

Seriously, can we just let him play and judge him by his performances???

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 09-25-2010 at 09:17 AM.
DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:29 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post

Ok, sorry, there's no such news report. But I think a little irony might not hurt. So I think after François Gagnon, Luc Gélinas, Patrick Caisse, The Hockey News, Mathieu Darche, Jocelyn Thibault, Guillaume Latendresse, Jaroslav Halak, many TV journalists, the whole Habs team and Carey Price himself, it's really shocking that the pope hasn't reacted yet to defend Carey Price after he got booed the other day.

Seriously, I like Carey Price and I hope he succeeds here. But they way the journalists are nurturing him, it's sad to say, but it won't help at all. Too much is worse than not enough. One of the reasons why some fans are so impatient with Price is the inflated expectations created by the medias, by the Habs management and by the hockey world in general. But if the medias, the Habs management and the hockey world are always there to defend Price even when he doesn't perform, this will produce the reverse effect.

because everyone with half a brain realizes how overboard the reaction is. How moronic we are turning out to be

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:41 AM
alexstream

Quote:

Seriously, I like Carey Price and I hope he succeeds here. But they way the journalists are nurturing him, it's sad to say, but it won't help at all. Too much is worse than not enough. One of the reasons why some fans are so impatient with Price is the inflated expectations created by the medias, by the Habs management and by the hockey world in general. But if the medias, the Habs management and the hockey world are always there to defend Price even when he doesn't perform, this will produce the reverse effect.

i think the over-reaction is well deserved...
it's a counter to the undeserved hate and booing.
the guy DESERVES A REAL CHANCE
HE'S PROVEN MORE IN THE PAST THAN POULIOT AND KOSTITSYN
He can be an elite player, I'm 300% sure of it...
I'm just so afraid that if it's not here, it's elsewhere.
so encourage him instead of discouraging him.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:46 AM
LyricalLyricist

The only thing I gotta say is people should just shut up about it. The fact that journalists and former players talk about it makes it a bigger issue. Now the haters are on standby. It shouldn't be an issue. Bringing attention to the situation makes it worse. As you said, just let the kid play some real games then judge. Even then, if he plays bad, shutTFU. If he sucks that bad, they'll bench him, if he's our best option...even if he's average, he's our best option, so shutTFU again. Medias are the ones who add fuel to the fire. Even **** like "Leblanc avec zero point dans son deuxieme match" like, who gives a ****? Carey price's words need to be framed "Chill mother****ers!".

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:46 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
I understand, but do you also understand that the more those fans will feel like the medias + Habs management + hockey world are always on his side in a non objective manner (also when he doesn't perform), the stronger the backlash will be at the Bell Center in terms of booing.

By constantly repeating how good he is and how strong he will rebound, those people are also adding a lot of pressure on him and they make our expectations grow even more...

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 05:11 AM
LeMAD

Someone needs to tell the pope that Price is too old for his tastes.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:22 AM
CaZn0

Its called Montreal Medias < They are very aggressif >. They are not kidding around! Those guys mean buisiness. I man come'on... Who the hell makes them say those things? Wish i could make them reporters say stupid stuff too. My evil plan to conquer the habs fans would be perfect!

CaZn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:39 AM
shutehinside

This is definitely a situation that's been blown waaaay out of proportion. I'm glad everyone came to his defense and ave him the respect he deserves but now it's time everyone just stops. Change topic and move on to the next one and stop making Carey the teams focal point so he can start to think about his game and performance. One big cheer for him during his next start and than treat him like every other player.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

I don't understand why anybody whether it's the Habs organization, the players or even the press even aknowledge the fans. Somehow there's more important things to worry about whether they cheer or boo or whatever. I hate the booing too but professionals shouldn't worry about crap like that. Just as players, do your job and like Cammy said, act like a man and work harder.

And even if things go bad the Habs org. should fix it from the inside. Like don't put a young man in a situation you don't want him to be in. The fans are essentialy sheeps. It's a mob. Trying to stir them in some way is useless. It's almost comical that a professional sport organization would focus on this. "the fans are mean!" Gee, ya think?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:16 AM
AntonCH

I don't know what's more fickle; the fans or the press.
What all of them have to keep in mind is that it wasn't Price who traded Halak, the organization did.

If I was asked I'd defend the kid as well. The reaction was just not warranted, not at this stage anyways.

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:

All I gotta say is that there's a portion of the Montreal fan base that is more stupid than any other fan base.

If you remember a decade and a half ago, the fathers/mothers, uncles/aunts & older brothers/sisters of these morons booed Patrick Roy.

That's all you need to know about that minority fan base: their stupidity is inbred.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
I don't know what's more fickle; the fans or the press.
What all of them have to keep in mind is that it wasn't Price who traded Halak, the organization did.

If I was asked I'd defend the kid as well. The reaction was just not warranted, not at this stage anyways.
Maybe they had this reaction not only because of the Halak trade but for all the time Price has been pampered by this org. It's like things pilling up(gave him Halak's spot at Hamilton, trade Huet, etc...).

It's a moronic reaction to boo him at that point but like I said fans are a mob. It's useless to focus on that.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Newhabfan

All or most of the media names you quoted are hypocrites. The hockey feeding media (namely CKAC and RDS, but also some newspapers) have only to gain from any controversy surrounding the team. More hits, more interest, more angry callers.

It was a rough and dry summer for them - nothing to feed on except maybe the Carey Price (again) contract. Believe me, when this jeer gate scandal exploded, they were the happiest guys in the world. And they will not let it die until they get the last ounce of interest.

Realize one thing - the media has no interest in the team winning. In fact, audience and public interest is a lot bigger when things go wrong. I remember back in 2007 when we finished first in the east - there were a lot of sad faces at the "hockey debates" and they were picking on insignificant stuff like Koivu not being a first centre or Kovalev not playing as well as he could, though they won. And then on the Huet trade.

Most of the so called "defending" messages from the mediots were something like "It's not good to boo your own team, but maybe Price brought it to himself and maybe we can understand the fans who do it".

The media guys will just put more gas on the fire, until the next controversy. Just notice how many references to Carey Price were there during the so-called RIS broadcast of a game he was not even playing in.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
Exactly......

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:24 AM
CrazyShea

The title is misleading

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:30 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH