HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gudbranson

Old
09-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Sens Nation

vCash: 500
Gudbranson

Sens fan here, I just wanted to know, how has he looked so far? I just recently learned that he went to the same high school I went too, and I thought that was pretty cool. (Even though I was older, and didn't really pay much attention to the younger grades) And what are the chances he makes the team?

Sens Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim498 View Post
Sens fan here, I just wanted to know, how has he looked so far? I just recently learned that he went to the same high school I went too, and I thought that was pretty cool. (Even though I was older, and didn't really pay much attention to the younger grades) And what are the chances he makes the team?
He really didn't impress much in camp, but in the two preseason games, he's looked very good. He had a goal and assist and got the first star in the game on tuesday, and some people have said he looked really good tonight, making all kinds of outlet passes, and doing well on the PK.

He'll probably get the 9 games before being sent down, but I would predict he'll go back to Kingston for the remainder of the year, barring any major long-term injuries.

First, though, we need to get him signed.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2010, 10:30 PM
keithLGA

I told someone at the game how old he was and it was only his 2nd NHL game and they thought he'd been playing for a while now. The kid looked great. Last season everyone expected Kulikov to play 9 games and be sent back but look what happened. Could be a similar situation if he keeps it up.

keithLGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Laus723
Future Now

I fully expect Gudbranson to stay up. If he doesn't because it's best for him, so be it, but he's looked very solid in his first two games.

09-24-2010, 08:35 AM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
Question: Does Guds still have to get signed if he just goes straight to juniors? I'm a little confused by that.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:18 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
Question: Does Guds still have to get signed if he just goes straight to juniors? I'm a little confused by that.
Nope, doesn't need an ELC to go back to juniors... We have his whole junior career to sign him... If we don't, he'll go back into the draft ! So we have until his 20th birthday (I think the deadline is in May before the draft he could re-enter, that would be 2012) to sign him...

He will get his contract soon enough, don't worry !

BabyJagrov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Kingston's first regular season game is tonight. Looks like a safe bet we won't have the services of big #6.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Pantherfan12

If Guds is doing as well as everyone says he is, there is no reason why he doesn't make the big club this season. I'd much rather have Guds on the team now and getting used to our team and the blueline considering he and Kulikov will be the cornerstones of our blueline for years to come then have Guds in Juniors (although if it is beneficial for his growth then by all means let him spend one more year there)

I just wonder what the pairings will be:

Wideman-McCabe
Allen-Kulikov
Gudbranson- Paetsch/Weaver/Ellerby/Garrison

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:11 AM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
If Guds is doing as well as everyone says he is, there is no reason why he doesn't make the big club this season. I'd much rather have Guds on the team now and getting used to our team and the blueline considering he and Kulikov will be the cornerstones of our blueline for years to come then have Guds in Juniors (although if it is beneficial for his growth then by all means let him spend one more year there)

I just wonder what the pairings will be:

Wideman-McCabe
Allen-Kulikov
Gudbranson- Paetsch/Weaver/Ellerby/Garrison
I imagine Gudbranson would take Garrison's spot in the top 6. I can't imagine we send down Weaver since we just signed him, and Weaver's contract is more expensive.

Paetsch is probably still the 7th d-man, since I don't really see why we'd bring up Ellerby just to sit around in the press box when he could be developing in Rochester.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:21 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Weaver is a very underrated defensive Dman. I think he will be a reliable Dman for DeBoer, and the Panthers, this season. I dont mind Guds making the team, but I dont want him to get low minutes a game. Id rather have him go back to juniors, be a top pairing Dman, work on his game, and come back next season ready to go.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:44 AM
RCGP
Go Panthers

If gudbranson makes the team I think we should trade allen

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Haj

I think he should go back to juniors

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 12:41 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Weaver is a very underrated defensive Dman. I think he will be a reliable Dman for DeBoer, and the Panthers, this season. I dont mind Guds making the team, but I dont want him to get low minutes a game. Id rather have him go back to juniors, be a top pairing Dman, work on his game, and come back next season ready to go.
This!

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:06 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
If gudbranson makes the team I think we should trade allen
We don't have an adequate replacement for Allen at this time, and we can't afford to lose his physical play and toughness on this roster. I want to see how he plays now that we're 2 years past his knee surgery.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:11 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
We don't have an adequate replacement for Allen at this time, and we can't afford to lose his physical play and toughness on this roster. I want to see how he plays now that we're 2 years past his knee surgery.
agreed. judging him off last year isnt fair. it takes a year to come back from tearing a knee and then another year to get back to full strength. allen is one of the only tough guys we have on the team. i say keep him for another year at last.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:12 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
Yeah, he just said he is finally back to feeling 100% now so I expect him to have a good season. His knee was still affecting him last year. I personally like the guy and would like to see him stay here so hopefully he remains healthy. There is a feature on him up on the Panthers site.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Montsy14

Is Garrison on a 2-way or 1-way?

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
1 way. I don't think it will be him that sits though. It'll be Weaver and Paetsch. As good as Gud has been in preseason, Garrison has been just as good and he already proved himself a bit last season. Weaver and Paestch are the lesser of the four.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
One way, i believe.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 08:34 PM
zeroG

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...r-thirds-.html

apparently guds is *way* more talented than we gave him credit for:

Quote:
Gudbranson will play in his second exhibition game of the preseason on Saturday when the Panthers (2-0) visit the Bruins (1-1). Gudbranson was strong in his debut, knocking down all 17 shots faced in Florida's 4-1 win at Carolina on Tuesday.

Looked upon as the Panthers goalie of the future, Gudbranson is expected to start the season with Florida's AHL affiliate in Rochester, N.Y., but he's determined to push the Panthers two main goalies. Despite the competition, both Tomas Vokoun and Scott Clemmensen have helped Markstrom – as he says all his new teammates have.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#ixzz10V7GTDyU

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:04 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
1 way. I don't think it will be him that sits though. It'll be Weaver and Paetsch. As good as Gud has been in preseason, Garrison has been just as good and he already proved himself a bit last season. Weaver and Paestch are the lesser of the four.
I agree. I am very impressed with Garrison's play. I noticed towards the end of last season that garrison's minutes increased and I think he and mccabe were the points on the power play and he infused a bit of action on that end. He has a good shot from the point and is very mobile.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Erick

Garrison isn't going to be sent down.
He was solid last year, signed a 2 year deal in the offseason, and assuming he continues playing the way he's played; he's probably a part of the team's future core. The organization seems to like him a lot.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Seems we always worry/wonder what we're going to do with all these defensemen we have going into the season, and it seems every season all of them wind up playing due to injuries, etc. I think weaver could earn a spot over Paetsch for sure, but I think the team has a mindset that they're going to keep Gudbranson up if he earns it, jsut like with Kuli. I also think he'll be brought into the lineup the way Kuli and Frolik were, slowly over 20 games.

McCabe-Wideman
Kulikov-Allen
Garrison-Weaver/Gudbranson
Paetsch

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:08 AM
sabrefan27

Keep in mind that Paetsch can play forward.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:41 AM
CanadianPantherFan

Man, this defensive group looks better and better everyday. Moving out McCabe might open up a spot for someone else to shine, huge chunk of cap room and likely another decent pick. Where can it go wrong...that's the part I'm trying to figure out.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote