HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wade Redden assigned to HFD

Old
09-25-2010, 12:33 PM
jniklast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
If we want to sign someone next summer, does he count against the cap? I know he does not during the season, but what about the summer?
He does during the summer. All one-way contracts, no matter where the players play, count against the cap during summer, where teams may exceed the cap by 10%. That basically means that dumping any other large contracts in the next years won't actually relieve our cap situation. So let's pray that Sather doesn't do any other big mistakes...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:36 PM
MrAlfie

I wish I could slap anybody that says "I feel bad for him."

This guys is earning millions of dollars to play a frickin game. He makes more in a year than 90% of the population on planet earth will ever make in their life time...

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:36 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
In additional happy news, next year is drury's last season under contract

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

This is all on Sather.

How many Ottawa fans came here and talked about him being in decline the very day he signed?? Its not like his play was a big shock to anyone but the guy who handed out the contract.

This is a happy day to some, but look at the cost, look at the results it should make you mad as hell that it even got to this point. And that from a 'genius' hockey mind like Sats Slats Sather

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:40 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
I am still confused over the possible outcomes of this news.

1.) Someone claims Redden(Not gonna happen)
2.) Rangers put him on Re-Entry waivers(not gonna happen)
3.) Wade continues to play in the AHL. Rangers have to continue to pay him, and feel the summer cap hit. But he is off the cap.

My biggest question is what happens if he decides to leave the organization? From what I remember with the Kasparitis contract, the Rangers allowed him to go play in Europe. But the contract still existed. Maybe I am wrong.

If that happens with Wade, and he decides to play somewhere else. Does it void the contract? And we have to deal with his Summer cap for the next several years?

If Wade/Rangers agree that Redden declines the AHL assignment, does that destroy the contract in its entirety? Allowing him to go to Europe/Different NHL team?

I guess what I am getting at, is there any way the Rangers can get this contract terminated so they dont have to deal with the Summer cap anymore?

If that is an option. I am predicting the the Rangers and Wade will take that route, and Wade will sign in the 2-3 million range with a different NHL team.
Redden has to accept the assignment. The Rangers have given him some time to review his options. He could play in Hartford if he wants. Europe is an option. Wonder if Sather gave Meehan permission to speak to other NHL teams. Both sides agree to mutually terminate the contract and Reds becomes a free agent and signs with another team. If Meehan knows he can get Redden $1 million to play SJ,they might mutually terminate the contract. Won't come close to $6.5 million. If he refuses to report to Hartford or agree to play in another league,the Rangers could terminate the contract. The Devils did it with Brendan Shanahan last fall. Breach of contract.

Quote:
Redden said he will take a few days to think his situation over before deciding whether to accept the potential assignment to Hartford or attempt to find a job elsewhere
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

If Redden goes to Europe,the Rangers will still pay him the majority of his salary with the European team chipping in a portion. The Rangers would loan Redden to an European team similar to what the Hawks are doing with Christobal Huet. Redden would still count against the 50 SPC max. He would count against the summer cap next summer.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:42 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
I wish I could slap anybody that says "I feel bad for him."

This guys is earning millions of dollars to play a frickin game. He makes more in a year than 90% of the population on planet earth will ever make in their life time...
That's not the point. Ignore the money. (Contracts, etc., I know.) The guy's played hockey for the past ~30 years of his life, and he's reached the pinnacle of achievement within that realm, the NHL.

How would you feel if you were losing that, and in this case, without even an opportunity to show otherwise?

THAT'S the point.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Ail
UH82CIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Anyone who feels bad for Wade Redden - take a look at your bank account and then look at what this guy made last year.

Now, lets see - we have such an apologetic Sather. I hope he will make a public comment on Monday.
Thank you! I am so glad someone finally said it!

This guy has been paid millions to play Hockey most of his life, while we're all stuck here paying to watch it. I don't understand how anyone could feel bad for him. Not only does he have plenty of money to support his new family, he has a beautiful wife, and new a child. He can take them anywhere he wants in the world, and more than likely continue playing hockey making a lot of money until he retires.

How is this situation even close to one worthy of pity, or remorse?

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:44 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers press release left no vagueness about the situation. First time ever. Redden is being placed on waivers and his cap hit is off the books.

Old
09-25-2010, 12:45 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Lukas Krajicek and TB

Quote:
Defenseman Lukas Krajicek cleared unconditional waivers on Saturday and the Tampa Bay Lightning terminated his contract, meaning Krajicek is free to sign with any team in North America or Europe. And (update) he did indeed sign with the Flyers.

Krajicek, who had been demoted to AHL Norforlk in December, left the Admirals this week in what appears to have been an orchestrated scenario to free Krajicek of his contract and allow him to sign with another team. It also gets the Lightning off the hook for the rest of Krajicek's $1.475 million contract. Had Tampa Bay put him on recall waivers so another team could claim him, the Lightning would be stuck for half the remaining salary.

In this way, it appears, everyone is happy.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...lukas-krajicek

Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Amazing. This is the best news I've ever read immediately after rolling out of bed.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
I don't know why anyone would care about who I feel bad for.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:51 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I don't know why anyone would care about who I feel bad for.
Haha extreme ego? Desire to control any and all opinions on this board?

I get the thought tho "Screw Redden he can survive forever on the money he made while not playing for my favorite team" I don't think it was really an attempt to attack you for feeling bad that he's officially no longer living his dream I think it was just the aforementioned sentiment. I was gonna say I feel bad for him myself but then I thought about it, he's got his first kid, millions of dollars and unless he retires he can choose to play a much easier level of hockey (altho travel is a bi***) for 7 mil per year. I think he has to be envied or conversely jealusly hated instead of pitied in any way haha.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Ail
UH82CIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
Haha extreme ego? Desire to control any and all opinions on this board?

I get the thought tho "Screw Redden he can survive forever on the money he made while not playing for my favorite team" I don't think it was really an attempt to attack you for feeling bad that he's officially no longer living his dream I think it was just the aforementioned sentiment. I was gonna say I feel bad for him myself but then I thought about it, he's got his first kid, millions of dollars and unless he retires he can choose to play a much easier level of hockey (altho travel is a bi***) for 7 mil per year. I think he has to be envied or conversely jealusly hated instead of pitied in any way haha.
No doubt man, if anything I am jealous of this guy!

For the record, I could care less if anyone loses sleep over this, or sheds a tear for Wade, I was just pointing out I don't see a legitimate reason to. I guess maybe I am just cold-hearted or something.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:56 PM
TheHotRock

i'm calling SC Bern.

I'd love to live there. short season too, it wouldn't be full time and the kid's not gonna be starting school until the contract is just about over anyway.

but really, anything beats the hell out of hartford.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Oh no!!!!

On a serious note... *whew*

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Bye Wade...enjoy all the money you robbed...

Sather should have been fired the day he gave out that contract!

With that being said, things are looking as high as the sky...if a Brad Richards or a Vinny LeCav are dealt for...I would never root for the Rangers again....we do not need any hired guns...

Stay the course and very good things will happen...now, if I am Sather and he is not this smart but I would overpay Gordie Clark's entire team...those guys are the MVP of this Organization.
Yeah, it would really suck to trade for a #1 center. Just outright suck.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:57 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, it would really suck to trade for a #1 center. Just outright suck.
It would.

Grab Richards next year for dinero, don't gut our core for him.

And yes, I consider Dubi and Ani part of our core.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:59 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Sucks for Wade. I feel bad for him as a person because you know he loves the game and this is, essentially, an end of his NHL career. Something he worked for since he was a small boy. Something any of us would give anything for. It has to be frustrating for him to see his career just flushed down the toilet like that in one afternoon.

Old
09-25-2010, 12:59 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It would.

Grab Richards next year for dinero, don't gut our core for him.

And yes, I consider Dubi and Ani part of our core.
Have fun saying that once Richards signs elsewhere. Trading for him would almost assure he stays a Ranger.

Old
09-25-2010, 01:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilsner View Post
[/url]

how bout something good about the guy
i like this. it's like a eulogy and remembering the good times, however few we had with Wade. Good luck man and congrats on your baby. I'm feeling he will report to Hartford and keep his contract status but I also wouldn't be surprised if he was allowed time off for his baby as well. Curious if he can have a positive effect on the kids in Hartford. He is a NHL vet, just too slow for the NHL game. His game should still work out at the AHL level. Getting loaned to a European team seems possible but if they have to split his contract, I don't see any European teams wanting to split his monster salary so that seems less likely. And most teams probably have their rosters shaping up. I don't know what the rules for terminating a contract are (as opposed to buying it out) but that is risky for him. I'm sure some team would sign him for $1M but he might just want to collect the $$$ he is entitled to already instead.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:07 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Have fun saying that once Richards signs elsewhere. Trading for him would almost assure he stays a Ranger.
The cost of trading for him would likely be too much, unless we can get him at the deadline for just picks. I'd be in favor of that. But otherwise, I'd take my chances on signing him next offseason (assuming we have the money). If he signs elsewhere, so be it.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:11 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Why?

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

this made my morning, my month and the rest of my year!

i dont feel bad for him, if he really wants to play in the NHL refuse to go to hartford and void the contract to sign elsewhere

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Sucks for Wade. I feel bad for him as a person because you know he loves the game and this is, essentially, an end of his NHL career. Something he worked for since he was a small boy. Something any of us would give anything for. It has to be frustrating for him to see his career just flushed down the toilet like that in one afternoon.
I get what your saying Jonathan, but I can't feel sorry for a guy who hit the lottery once he accepted the offer.

The flip side of my previous post is that once you have accepted an offer it's your turn to deliver. Redden could not do that.

He's a pro. He knows the deal.

He collects 39 million. There are far worse fates in life.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:12 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The cost of trading for him would likely be too much, unless we can get him at the deadline for just picks. I'd be in favor of that. But otherwise, I'd take my chances on signing him next offseason (assuming we have the money). If he signs elsewhere, so be it.
I'm fine moving a few pieces for him to get him now. I like the build of the team currently and I think, with him on the team, we will be very good. I don't think Sather will miss on him and I think he's pretty much a Ranger either way, but I like the security of trading for him now and having negotiating rights for a full year.