HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Wade Redden assigned to HFD

Old
09-25-2010, 01:13 PM
RangerBlues

vCash: 500
I hope he gets paid ever cent he is owed.
He earned that contract.

Let it be a life lesson to everybody.
Getting rich has nothing to do with being the best or brightest.
Just being at the right place at the right time.

It also helps to have a knucklehead of a GM spending the moron owners money

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Someone needs to print up some:

"I survived the Wade Redden era." t- shirts.

http://www.zazzle.com/i_survived_the...20201710844762

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:16 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Have fun saying that once Richards signs elsewhere. Trading for him would almost assure he stays a Ranger.
How could you possibly know that?

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Chazenstein

/clap

Chazenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:21 PM
CH2

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:23 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
I'm fine moving a few pieces for him to get him now. I like the build of the team currently and I think, with him on the team, we will be very good. I don't think Sather will miss on him and I think he's pretty much a Ranger either way, but I like the security of trading for him now and having negotiating rights for a full year.
I'd like to wait a bit. If Stepan and Anisimov can fulfill the 1 2 center slots, I think that is a good young lineup. We have a lot of good candidates for our 4th line center and drury is gonna be the 2nd or 3rd center when he returns. Adding Richards to the mix really muddles all of that up. I like Richards and all but let's see what we have first. I get the feeling this season is going to be big in the way the Rangers are shaped for the next 5 or so years. So many questions we have had about this team seem like they could get answered this season. so exciting!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:25 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Remember when Redden dropped Chris Clark?

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:25 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
That's not the point. Ignore the money. (Contracts, etc., I know.) The guy's played hockey for the past ~30 years of his life, and he's reached the pinnacle of achievement within that realm, the NHL.

How would you feel if you were losing that, and in this case, without even an opportunity to show otherwise?

THAT'S the point.
Ignore the money?
There is no way to ignore the money.
He can also still play hockey if he chooses to. I will not feel bad at all for a multimillionaire that is able to play a game in order to earn money. Sorry.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:27 PM
bmw2004

I have a question for you guys. If you would be on his place would you accept assignment to Hartford and continue making the millions or find a new job for much lower salary somewhere else?

I would probably say **** you Sather and stay in Hartford.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I'd like to wait a bit. If Stepan and Anisimov can fulfill the 1 2 center slots, I think that is a good young lineup. We have a lot of good candidates for our 4th line center and drury is gonna be the 2nd or 3rd center when he returns. Adding Richards to the mix really muddles all of that up. I like Richards and all but let's see what we have first. I get the feeling this season is going to be big in the way the Rangers are shaped for the next 5 or so years. So many questions we have had about this team seem like they could get answered this season. so exciting!
We're a better team with Richards and, frankly, everyone knows my love for Anisimov and Stepan. I'd still do the move with them. Let them develop underneath a true #1 center and see how a true #1 center plays. It will be great for the youth -- not hurt them.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:30 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
When he clears, Redden would then be obligated to report to the Blueshirts’ AHL training camp in Hartford once the newly renamed Whale begins to practice independently of the NHL squad, though the Rangers would surely grant him permission to play with a team in Europe should that option present itself.

Should Redden fail to report, the Rangers would be able to declare breach of contract that would nullify the remaining four years and $23 million in salary owed to the defenseman. Under that scenario, Redden would then become an unrestricted free agent.

Redden’s $6.5M won’t come off the cap until the 2010-11 season charge is recalibrated following camp, but this move clarifies that issue while also clearing time for the defensemen at camp competing for spots on the blue line. If Redden remains with the organization, including playing under loan to a European club, his $6.5M cap hit would return next summer.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...eBwN6bCQOETz7M

The summer cap runs from July 1-last day of training camp which is the day before regular season begins. All 1 way contracts count.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:32 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
I have a question for you guys. If you would be on his place would you accept assignment to Hartford and continue making the millions or find a new job for much lower salary somewhere else?

if i still had the ability to play in the nhl, i'd want to get a shot to play somewhere else for less $$. its not like he'd be poor if he signed somewhere else for $2-3 mil...but if i was wade redden and completely washed up and not good enough to play in the nhl anymore i'd kick back and keep collecting the $6.5 mil each year.

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:33 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Thread title should probably be changed from "to be" to just "waived"

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

I miss Wade already

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:41 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
I miss Wade already
And, now, you are truly alone.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:43 PM
TomLaidlaw

Traffic cones around the world have a moment of silence for one of their fallen brethren.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

The clogged toiled just got draino'd!

Good luck Wade!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

I guess its time to change my username soon..

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:53 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
We're a better team with Richards and, frankly, everyone knows my love for Anisimov and Stepan. I'd still do the move with them. Let them develop underneath a true #1 center and see how a true #1 center plays. It will be great for the youth -- not hurt them.
for sure. I'm just concerned with the log jam and fight for minutes. I guess you have a "we'll sort it out later" approach that I do not. That or you already have a solution or just don't see it as a problem. If Stepan is not ready (I'm sure he wouldn't need more than 1/2 a season in HFD) then this scenario is less problematic. If centers are sent to Dallas, then this scenario is less problematic. If Anisimov is pushed to the 4th line, I see those reduced minutes as hurting him. At this point in his career, the young guys need to be getting decent minutes.

Frolov-Richard-Gaborik
Prospal-Drury-Callahan
Dubinsky-Stepan-MZA
Avery-Anisimov-Grachev
Boogaard-Boyle-Prust
Kennedy-White-Christensen
Fedotenko

it's a good problem to have but that is a mess.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:55 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post

If I was Redden, I'd have my agent negotiate a spot on a roster somewhere in Europe. The season is shorter, the play not as physical, I'm sure he'd be an upper end talent on some of those teams. However the ice is bigger and Redden has no foot speed left. Not sure how that would work out for him. I have a question though... Say he negotiates his way onto a KHL team, but he's being paid by the Rangers. Is that money tax free the way all those Russian contracts seem to be? Because if he could negotiate it so the KHL team pays him, but the Rangers reimburse the KHL team, it's a millions of dollar per year difference. So since Wade is clearly just in it for the money now, I would think that's a big factor.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:56 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Hartford's camp opened yesterday

Quote:
The Wolf Pack begin their 2010 training camp today, Friday, September 24, at Champions Skating Center, located at 6 Progress Drive in Cromwell, CT.

Today the team will undergo on-ice testing from 11:15 AM to 12:45 PM. Beginning tomorrow, Saturday, September 25, the squad will be split up into two groups, with both groups practicing, and scrimmaging one another in between the two practices. The first group will practice from 9:10 to 9:50 AM on Saturday, the scrimmage will be from 10:05-10:55, and then the second group will practice from 11:10-11:50.

On Sunday, the first practice will be from 8:30-9:10 AM, the scrimmage from 9:25-10:05, and the second practice from 10:30-11:10. Then on Monday, the first group practices from 9:00-9:45 AM, the scrimmage is from 10:00-11:00, and the second group practices from 11:15-12 Noon.
http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/defa...k=59&objId=748

Old
09-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Wow what news to wake up to on a saturday!

Good luck Wade with your new family and all the cash. Loved watching you play for the Sens, hated watching you on the Rangers.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:01 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Joe Nieuwendyk expects the Dallas ownership situation to be settled by the New Year. He wants to re-sign Richards who wants to re-sign with them.

Old
09-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Crease

The Wade Redden Fan Club will need a new player to facetiously support.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
I'm fine moving a few pieces for him to get him now. I like the build of the team currently and I think, with him on the team, we will be very good. I don't think Sather will miss on him and I think he's pretty much a Ranger either way, but I like the security of trading for him now and having negotiating rights for a full year.

YEAR GP G A PTS +/- PIM
Career 700 192 447 639 -73 153

All this shows me is he is one dimensional soft aging player who has been on one winning team and that was for a few seasons in beginning of his career.

You might want to pay him 7.8 for this year and who knows how much for next but...we have enough kids in the pipe that this guy doesn't need to block or trade for.

Last edited by The Nemesis: 09-25-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote