Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Pre-Season Game 3: vs St. Louis, 9/25

Old
09-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Alistar

vCash: 500
damn another one for St. Louis.

Brent Krahn not exactly making a strong case for himself.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Comeback is on.

4-2.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Alistar

heh looks like Mark Fistric got into it with Dave Scatchard.

nice to see Fisty still has a bit of that mean streak about him from the end of last year.

Old
09-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Fistric rubbed out a Blue with a nice hip check... Scatch took offense.

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Alistar

Morrow!

2nd of the night?

Dallas back to a 3 goal lead

Old
09-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Alistar

more fighting. Barch and Janssen I think.

not a great period for Dallas, but they ended a bit stronger and restored a 3 goal lead.

they better play stronger in the 3rd or St. Louis could make it interesting

Old
09-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Batch just went marathin with Janssen... I think Barch won.

Old
09-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Alistar

good win for Dallas. the top line really came through and the depth players played fine as well.

Brent Krahn with 19 saves on 21 shots, decent showing but Mark at ADSP did say one of the goals was pretty soft.. I would bet it's still Raycroft's spot to win.

Old
09-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

I noticed in the waiver thread in Trade that Gagnon was waived along with a bunch of folks... I thought he did a very good job, and was probably on par with Toby for an NHL gig.

Rundown of important points:

Burish has terrible awareness. I'd rather see Ott on that line, but I can understand why he was signed... but I don't feel like he's going to be fantastic on it. I'd rather see Gagnon on that line.

Barch did well against Cam Janssen in his fight... and wasn't a completely useless pylon.

Brunnstrom... well he was doing a lot more than he did last year. Lots of overhandling the puck and just general ineffectiveness.

Gagnon, like I said, was pretty good with Petersen. I thought he should be given a shot playing with Morrow and Ribs. Had a nice Neal-esque goal and was at least somewhat spectacular.

Morrow was looking better.

Ribeiro was looking WAY better. He was consistently bailing out the rest of the team.

Benn was looking just as good as he was, looked a bit better, still sucks on the dot.

Morin, Vincour, and Glennie were all pretty much on the same level of usefulness, not too awful but not standing out.

Nisky, Fistric and Daley looked good. Daley and Niskanen especially.

Larsen was good. I think he could use a year in the AHL playing top minutes, though.

Coyle and Ludwig were pretty much serviceable D-men.

Krahn was alright, not spectacular but wasn't really tested a whole lot.

The Blues like garbage and Allen definitely needs to head back to juniors.

Old
09-26-2010, 12:33 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
That was a genius pass by Larsen on the 2nd goal. That's the kind of play (and player) that will change the entire complexion of the defense and how it's thought of as a whole.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
LMAO ..... I love twitter.

Mark @ ESPN says Daley scored with a blast from the slot.

Dallas Stars twitter says Daley scored with a wrister from the point.

2 people watching the same thing ..... eye witness testimony is soooooo reliable. lol
IIRC it was definitely the point. The twitter feed sounds like the more accurate description.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

He came up through the middle of the blue line and picked off a pass going through traffic and just hammered it home. I feel that both "slot" and "point" are in that location. It was a long powerful blast, much like a Happy Gilmore drive.

Old
09-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
I noticed in the waiver thread in Trade that Gagnon was waived along with a bunch of folks... I thought he did a very good job, and was probably on par with Toby for an NHL gig.
Mark Stepneski has the cuts on his page and Gagnon's name isn't among them.. The Dallas Stars webpage confirms that info.

I think they're wrong in the thread. Gagnon still seems to be on the roster at the moment.

Old
09-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
Mark Stepneski has the cuts on his page and Gagnon's name isn't among them.. The Dallas Stars webpage confirms that info.

I think they're wrong in the thread. Gagnon still seems to be on the roster at the moment.
Seems that way.

Old
09-26-2010, 02:38 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post

Being on waivers honestly does not change your roster status. You're on the roster until your assigned to the AHL or another team (see Sheldon Souray and his multiple visits to waivers - he was always on the Oil roster).

It still could be true that he was put on waivers a day ago, but that wouldn't change his roster status. I'm just waiting to believe the report until a reputable source confirms he was on waivers.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:54 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Being on waivers honestly does not change your roster status. You're on the roster until your assigned to the AHL or another team (see Sheldon Souray and his multiple visits to waivers - he was always on the Oil roster).

It still could be true that he was put on waivers a day ago, but that wouldn't change his roster status. I'm just waiting to believe the report until a reputable source confirms he was on waivers.
My theory is they put a bunch of guys on waivers knowing alot of teams were going to be putting players on waivers on the same day in hopes of sneaking a player through. Maybe they thought itd be better to try to get gagnon to clear before other teams caught on that he was doing really well.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
He came up through the middle of the blue line and picked off a pass going through traffic and just hammered it home. I feel that both "slot" and "point" are in that location. It was a long powerful blast, much like a Happy Gilmore drive.
Yeah the location was sort of inbetween, but the shot seemed more like it was a wrister from what I remember.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote