HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks & Leafs

Old
09-25-2010, 05:45 PM
TheFutureIsNOW

vCash: 500
Oilers fan here and personally id prefer Hodgson and Schroeder over Kadri and Schenn. Im not to convinced that Kadri can be effective in the NHL

TheFutureIsNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
Why are there so many proposals involving the Leafs getting Cody Hodgson? The kid's good, I understand that, but does he project to be a sure fire number one centre? Or just a pretty good number 2 centre? Becuase we already have a pretty good number 2 centre for the future in Tyler Bozak, and then we have Grabo and Kadri.
Is there any prospects that are sure fire number center?

Quote:
People are always saying the Leafs are weak down the middle, but we have Bozak, Grabo, Kadri, Hanson, Mitchell, Zigomanis, and even Versteeg can play centre if necessary. If it's not a legit number one centre, the Leafs shouldn't be parting with significant assets, especially not Schenn, who looks to be on the verge of a breakout.

Good luck winning the Cup in the near future with that kind of center depth.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 05:51 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Comparing Bogosian and Schenn? What a hilarious thread.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 05:51 PM
lefty2time*

let me summerize this whole thread

almost 100% of canucks fan say NO DEAL

almost 50% of leafs fan say GREAT DEAL

That means this deal favors the leafs.... the ones who dont agree are not very smart

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:03 PM
GCM
Stork

Horrible trade for Vancouver. You can tell immediately by the Toronto fans accepting it "reluctantly".

Far too much value given. Vancouver does not need to make this trade.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Virtanev
★★★

vCash: 55
NO from the Canucks.

Virtanev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:22 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Not a fan of this deal.

Schenn is fine but I'm not a big Kadri fan. He's like Raymond with slightly better hands and worse wheels.

Schroeder coming into the offensive zone looks almost identical to Kadri anyways. Too much to get Schenn really.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Rover*

As a Canucks fan I'll be willing to do Hodgson for Schenn given the center depth we have for at least the next three years in Malholtra, Sedin and Kesler and the lack of a good young physical defensive defensemens.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Danavan

this is a huge joke from the Canucks standpoint...no chance in hell GMMG would even consider this. Also how would this help vancouver in any way?

Danavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

hell no, this is straight ********

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Laterade

The idea is enticing for mostly the Leafs fans. Both Cody Hodgson and Jordan Schroeder are quite dynamic in the offensive zone. Cody is more of the safe bet as a two way forward while Schroeder is definitely boom or bust playmaking forward.
Is Kadri a safe bet or more boom or bust than either of the two?
Mike Gillis is about optimizing value while getting more in return when it comes to trades. He's only made a few trades trades and 2 have been for top 4 defenseman by using prospects and picks that most likely were weren't increasing in value.
The Ehrhoff trade was a wash because the sharks were making room for Heatley which is a good reason to make room. While the Ballard trade was done because we got a top four defenseman now rather than waiting for them to develop.
Trading for Bernier was a definite mistake but he did bring us Ballard so i guess again Gillis optimized the value of Bernier and got us what we needed to improve on.
Alberts was definitely a head scratcher but it was most likely because no other defenseman was available for what he offered.
If I was Mike Gillis I would not make this trade solely on the fact that Cody Hodgson was his first pick as GM and won't give up on him. This trade just doesn't make sense for Mike Gillis. Not to mention the fact that Canucks fans would ask to have him removed from his position and burned at the stake the next day. While Brian Burke will most likely be considered a messiah.

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 107
No from the Canucks side, although I understand the proposal and actually credit it somewhat worthwhile. Furthermore, I would like to see Hodgson eventually traded due to the high probability he will never have a top six role on the Canuck roster, albeit unless he can play wing, which is precisely where this deal falls sort. If Hodgson is game to go, it is likely he would alternate the wing with Malhotra this coming season. Thus, if proven to be adaptable to this position we could move him to the second line when Samuelsson leaves. If not, I believe we could move Hodgson for something more suited to our needs in the future.

Suffice it to say, this is not a bad proposal and while I would not be completely opposed to it, I cannot agree. Kadri may not be able to play wing and I have little faith in Schenn to be entirely honest. So once again, it is a no from the Canucks in my book.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Blane Youngblood

Seems like a lot of Leafs fans would rather have Kadri over Hodgson so why not take them out of the deal.

It was also widely reported that the Canucks were offered a 2nd + prospect for Bieksa. So why not this:

To Van: Schenn + unammed prospect (from other)
To Tor: Schroeder + 1st (Van) + 2nd (from Bieksa trade)
To Other: Bieksa

Is enought value there for Leafs fans? As a Canucks fan I'd do that and get rid of O'Brien in a seperate trade (giving Schenn his minutes).

Also, I'd be interested to know what the pre-draft ratings were for Kadri and Schroeder...weren't they basically ranked the same (Kadri having a great year in the OHL and Schroeder had a slow start in the NCAA but ended well in the AHL since then).

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:08 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterade View Post
The idea is enticing for mostly the Leafs fans. Both Cody Hodgson and Jordan Schroeder are quite dynamic in the offensive zone.
Without a doubt, Schroeder is more 'boom or bust' than Kadri.

I like the edge Kadri plays with, that's something neither Hodgson or Schroeder can boast.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:08 PM
biturbo19

eeeek. this is bad.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Lehner

How any leaf fan can say no to this, give your head a shake...

Lehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:12 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
Kadri's value is considerably higher than Schroeder's right now.
How so? Seriously how on earth can it even be slightly higher?
Both were 09 first round picks, Kadri going higher than expected in the draft, Schroeder dropping lower than expected.
Both made their respective International WJHC teams, Kadri was HIGHLY ineffective in the role he was given on the team, and yes I did watch the games. Whereas Schroeder took over the American scoring title for Juniors. One won silver, one Gold.
Seeing as one played OHL, n the other NCAA, not truely comparable due to amount of games played.

If anything, both players are QUITE comparable. Esspecially since each player has a sort of Boom or Bust tag attached to each, Schroeder has size against him, and Kadri's skillset plus size playing against him.

All in all, possibly the worst proposal I have ever seen on HF, with the biggest and most laughable Pissing match of Two fan bases on each side on the success scale.

Leaf fans need to learn to stay away from Nuck fans, and vice versa. Leafs stay with your Ottawa and Montreal rivalries please.
N we'll stay to our Chicago and Calgary rivalries.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:12 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

since it seems most Leafs fans value Kadri more than Hodgson (uncertainty of his injury, drafted higher, etc), take them both out.

I'd rather do a Schroeder+1st+Bieksa deal for Schenn... overpayment in a way, but Bieksa's contract is basically getting dropped and we're flipping Schroeder and a late 1st for Schenn, and IMO Schenn fills a much bigger organizational need.

despite his back injury, I personally have more faith in Hodgson being a bigger impact pro than Schroeder, and getting there sooner.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
since it seems most Leafs fans value Kadri more than Hodgson (uncertainty of his injury, drafted higher, etc), take them both out.

I'd rather do a Schroeder+1st+Bieksa deal for Schenn... overpayment in a way, but Bieksa's contract is basically getting dropped and we're flipping Schroeder and a late 1st for Schenn, and IMO Schenn fills a much bigger organizational need.

despite his back injury, I personally have more faith in Hodgson being a bigger impact pro than Schroeder, and getting there sooner.
The thing is, value is certainly there, in fact more so for the Leafs but it's not something they are looking for. Schenn has impressed so many of us already in pre-season and his skating and his offensive game is so far improved that really the guy could end up being great down the line.

Also if Leafs do ever trade Schenn or Kadri (god I hope not) then you only trade them in a package deal for a legit 1st liner, preferably center or LW/

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:40 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Interesting... not bad at all... in the end this works out for Vancouver IMO.

Schenn is going to be a lasting player. We know that already... and then Vancouver's first rounder is going to be a pretty late pick... but hey if Leafs fans are cool with it... who am I to argue with that? lol

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Therien25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
To Toronto: Cody Hodgson, Jordan Schroeder, Kevin Bieksa and a 1st.

To Vancouver: Nazem Kadri and Luke Schenn.

Yeah we overpay for Kadri but under pay for Schenn, because Bieksa is a UFA next season, who is an ok young dman with potential.

Hodgson/Schroeder > Kadri
Bieksa & 1st < Schenn

Kadri to Manitoba for the year as he's not ready yet? Toronto is week down the middle and this helps them out for the future and possibly now if Hodgson is all he's made out to be? Top nine looks like this.

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Samuelsson
Torres Malhotra Hansen

So the top 9 doesn't change, and we give away Hodgson, Schroeder to the leafs for a player who "isn't ready this year". Plus Salo's out and that'll clear the Cap space we needed without getting rid of Bieksa.

Horrible idea, lets keep everything the same and let Boston pick who they want at #1 next year.

Therien25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:54 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therien25 View Post
So the top 9 doesn't change, and we give away Hodgson, Schroeder to the leafs for a player who "isn't ready this year". Plus Salo's out and that'll clear the Cap space we needed without getting rid of Bieksa.

Horrible idea, lets keep everything the same and let Boston pick who they want at #1 next year.
realistically that is impossible

JacobimMugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Versteeg View Post
realistically that is impossible

im·pos·si·ble
   /ɪmˈpɒsəbəl/ Show Spelled[im-pos-uh-buhl] Show IPA
–adjective
not possible; unable to be, exist, happen, etc.
unable to be done, performed, effected, etc.: an impossible assignment.

Old
09-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therien25 View Post

as much as that last line made me chuckle, I don't think Boston will get one of the consensus top 3 picks this year. Injuries aside, I'd say it's a 5-7 pick. But like i said gave me a chuckle so - good post

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:36 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamBlam View Post
So assuming Hodgson and Kadri have similar value... Schroeder, Bieksa and a 1st for Schenn? Thats awful.
best post in this thread. ...and that would be assuming Hodgson was healthy also (which he is not)

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote