Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anaheim @ Vancouver, 09/25/10 7:00 pm Pacific

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2010, 02:29 AM
defer*

vCash: 500
ouch. I was gone all day at a wedding and after reading this it sounds like they were pretty bad. anyone know if they will replay it on NHL network sometime?

And what were our defensive pairings?

And I think this only confired what we already knew which is the following...

-Fowler isnt ready

-ryan playing center is most likely to fail

-our offense is bad without getz and perry taking on the opponent's top defenders.

-hiller's new helmet is ugly

Old
09-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by defer View Post
ouch. I was gone all day at a wedding and after reading this it sounds like they were pretty bad. anyone know if they will replay it on NHL network sometime?
It should be on again this morning. Thats what they have been doing with the games they show the night before

Old
09-26-2010, 02:37 AM
wolfmother

Fowler paired with Visnovsky almost the whole game.

The rest of the pairings almost seemed rotating.

Sbisa - Sutton played a lot of shifts together.

Brookbank - Sutton played some

I noticed Festerling - Sbisa out there as well.

To be honest, none of the pairings seemed overly effective. Visnovsky skates very well with the puck, but we already knew that.

Old
09-26-2010, 02:48 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
With this Defense Murray is really making the right decision to force 3 "scoring lines" of mostly subpar players. We will really make the playoffs and if we dont Carlyle should be fired because this team is built to win!
Yes, because Murray is forcing Carlyle how to coach the team. Carlyle's said it himself, he'd love to have four scoring lines, the personnel just isn't there. It probably isn't here right now either, but if you have guys like Beleskey and Sexton who can fit into those roles, then it can maybe work. I'll wait until the actual season starts before judging that, though.

On that note, maybe it's just from watching him in this game, but I really wouldn't mind Morrison back. He seems to be playing at a pretty good level right now(actually had a pretty decent year in Washington), and we could use him as that third centerman, as well as a guy who can maybe fill in on the PK if needed. I dunno, maybe it's just a desire to get Bobby back on the wing and see one less plugger used in an offensive role.

Old
09-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPeyton View Post
Yes, because Murray is forcing Carlyle how to coach the team. Carlyle's said it himself, he'd love to have four scoring lines, the personnel just isn't there. It probably isn't here right now either, but if you have guys like Beleskey and Sexton who can fit into those roles, then it can maybe work. I'll wait until the actual season starts before judging that, though.

On that note, maybe it's just from watching him in this game, but I really wouldn't mind Morrison back. He seems to be playing at a pretty good level right now(actually had a pretty decent year in Washington), and we could use him as that third centerman, as well as a guy who can maybe fill in on the PK if needed. I dunno, maybe it's just a desire to get Bobby back on the wing and see one less plugger used in an offensive role.
Just ignore is posts, he will take any chance to praise RC and get on peoples nerve purposely who havent joined him in his anti-Murray cult.

As for Bmo, he wont be coming back here. He will probably get a contract with the Canucks and thats one more year towards his age. He should have been a third line center here because he certainly was a dud trying to play with Teemu.

Old
09-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Oddly enough, I loved what I saw from Fowler. Then again, I wasn't watching him with the expectations of seeing an NHL ready player. He just seems to have that "it" factor, where even when he makes a mistake, things seem to work out for him. That play where he turned away from the forechecking forward, and cut right infront of Hiller probably gets turned in to a goal if that's someone like Mikk or Festerling, yet somehow Fowler managed to get it out of the zone.

He's close to NHL ready, but a year in the OHL will be for the best. Give him a 9 game stint and for the love of god, don't pair him with Visnovsky. He had a rough night against two of the best players in the world, but I love what I saw from him as far as talent and composure are concerned.

Old
09-26-2010, 03:04 PM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Naked View Post
Oddly enough, I loved what I saw from Fowler. Then again, I wasn't watching him with the expectations of seeing an NHL ready player. He just seems to have that "it" factor, where even when he makes a mistake, things seem to work out for him. That play where he turned away from the forechecking forward, and cut right infront of Hiller probably gets turned in to a goal if that's someone like Mikk or Festerling, yet somehow Fowler managed to get it out of the zone.

He's close to NHL ready, but a year in the OHL will be for the best. Give him a 9 game stint and for the love of god, don't pair him with Visnovsky. He had a rough night against two of the best players in the world, but I love what I saw from him as far as talent and composure are concerned.
for those 9 games I would like to see...

vis-sbisa give sbisa a chance at the first pairing because no harm no foul if he cant handle it.

Fowler-Lyd once again... only 9 games so no harm no foul and you can switch him with sutton if he is sucking.

Sutton-whoever gets the spot.

Old
09-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Sean Garrity
#51in15 eh?

Just so long we don't pair our two slowest defenseman together...I mean really Carlyle? Both Brookbank and Sutton couldn't move the puck to save their life and skate slow as hell! I know it is only preseason, but goodness gracious.

Old
09-26-2010, 03:11 PM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Just so long we don't pair our two slowest defenseman together...I mean really Carlyle? Both Brookbank and Sutton couldn't move the puck to save their life and skate slow as hell! I know it is only preseason, but goodness gracious.
he also put arguably our 2 least physical guys in fowler and vis together.

That pairing could put up crazy points in 2 years though

Old
09-26-2010, 03:50 PM
urho

Selänne & Koivu worked so much better than Selänne - Ryan. Some beautiful passing in 3rd period where Teemu and Saku played together, it was also a miracle that they didn't score.

Ryan at center isn't going to work.

Closed Thread