HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Take Second Straight Pre-Season Game From Devils in OT

Old
09-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Rangers Take Second Straight Pre-Season Game From Devils in OT

The Rangers defeated the New Jersey Devils by the score of 5-4 tonight. For the second straight game, it took overtime to secure the win. But that’s where the similarities between the games ends. As good as the defense was at times in Thursday night’s victory, New York left its defense back across the river [...]

More...

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 06:31 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Hey Leslie from your time at training camp, can you tell us if the coaching staff has been preaching more physical and grittier play? Just from watching these 3 pre-season games it feels like every player is a bit chippier and going out of his ways to finish checks... They've certainly been all over anyone and everyone in the crease area and mucking it up after the whistles, etc... Even Anisimov and Gaborik look to have a little more bite to their games... I'm liking what I'm seeing, just curious if the coaching staff has been hammering this element of the Ranger's game home during Training camp... Thanks...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

But ... but... you forgot to mention that the Rangers didn't play enough girls from the Brooklyn Blades, which makes the game so unfair it doesn't count.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Hey Leslie from your time at training camp, can you tell us if the coaching staff has been preaching more physical and grittier play? Just from watching these 3 pre-season games it feels like every player is a bit chippier and going out of his ways to finish checks... They've certainly been all over anyone and everyone in the crease area and mucking it up after the whistles, etc... Even Anisimov and Gaborik look to have a little more bite to their games... I'm liking what I'm seeing, just curious if the coaching staff has been hammering this element of the Ranger's game home during Training camp... Thanks...
Yes, being physical has been stressed.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Yes, being physical has been stressed.
Thanks for confirming... A good amount of the players seem to be responding... I hope it sticks...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote