HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton - Toronto

Old
09-26-2010, 02:14 PM
93gilmour93

vCash: 500
don't know why that posted three times lol

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:18 PM
davegagnerskid

I have no idea why Schenn is in the NHL right now. D-men need/should be groomed. He's no Drew Doughty. He may be good, but Leafs management didn't do him any favors. Look no further than our Laddy Smid. He's just starting to take form of his potential after 4 completed NHL seasons.

Paajarvi isn't what Toronto needs either. They need help up the gut. Their issues at center makes us look deep.

davegagnerskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
leafs lose big time. no deal
How, by acquiring a player that immediately jumps to the top of the depth chart for a Dman who is not showing any signs of meeting potential and/or hype, and Aulie a dman who only has value cause of size (which means nothing if he doesn't have skill) and some dude I have never even heard of (Can't be that good)

you're pretty good at trying to trick people into thinking Toronto loses, but hey everyone can see the lube bottle sticking out of your pocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Velvet Hammer View Post
stop smoking crack.

Ementy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:51 PM
The Velvet Hammer

please delete

Last edited by The Velvet Hammer: 09-26-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: lagg made triple posts
The Velvet Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrageous Leafs Fan View Post
To what they can possibly do;

MPS

Schenn
Not at all. MPS has slightly higher potential but Schenn is much more likely to reach it. At worst Schenn will be a very good #4 DMan. MPS is not a guaranteed very good 2nd liner.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:13 PM
dnicks17

Stop arguing about value. At this stage in both of their careers, their value is so arguable that it's just going to ruin another EDM/TOR proposal.

With that being said, I think teams needs are off in this deal.

Edmonton doesn't need Reimer or Aulie.

If we added Schenn, our top 4 would be a lock, and we have better candidates for our bottom pairing over Aulie, i.e. Petry, Plante, Peckham.

Reimer looks solid, and looks like he's going to be good, but at this point we need to see where JDD and DD will take us. We also have Roy waiting on the sidelines.

I'm no expert on the Leafs needs, but I think they would rather bring in a #1C than a LWer. Their wing seems a lot deeper than at C.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:15 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
IMO this is just as foolish as Edmonton handing over Hemsky for a first rounder to a team that's going to be top 10 in the league while he's got 2 years @ 4.2 million left.

AKA Edmonton gets HOSED.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:24 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan Teeth View Post
The following proposal is a ridiculous proposal.

To TOR:
MPS

To EDM:
Aulie
Reimer
3rd

...And if Burke wanted MPS, he would have drafted him.
Fix'd.

Wow... I mean, WOW! That may be one of the most lopsided trade proposal I've seen on HFBoards. What does Edmonton get out of that? Absolutely nothing of value. Reimer is a below-average goalie prospect, and Aulie is a decent defensive prospect. Then a 3rd. For MPS?! Give me a break!

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 04:28 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Toronto Gets:
MPS
3rd/4th Round Pick

Edmonton Gets:
Schenn
Aulie
Reimer

Discuss.
Nothing really to discuss.If i'm Edmonton i refuse to trade MPS for these pieces.
Scheen is really overrated.Hasn't looked good defensively or offensively.
I think Scheen will end up being at best a 2nd pairing d-man with very limited offence while MPS will end up being a 1st line star.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 04:53 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgear View Post
Nothing really to discuss.If i'm Edmonton i refuse to trade MPS for these pieces.
Scheen is really overrated.Hasn't looked good defensively or offensively.
I think Scheen will end up being at best a 2nd pairing d-man with very limited offence while MPS will end up being a 1st line star.
Congrats! You're going to be the first one on my ignore list!

91Kadri91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 04:54 PM
rockinghockey

There is nothing that TO has to get MPS. Not interested in Schenn for him or even Kadri. MPS fell into our lap at the draft and we are going to enjoy watching him for the next 12 years I hope. Good luck with scoring TO.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
There is nothing that TO has to get MPS. Not interested in Schenn for him or even Kadri. MPS fell into our lap at the draft and we are going to enjoy watching him for the next 12 years I hope. Good luck with scoring TO.
In b4 "MPS will request a trade lolololol"

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 04:56 PM
UFancyHuh

Quote:
Fletcher drafted schenn, Burke wasn't GM yet
Burke drafted Kadri over MPS. so if he wanted him he would have gotten him over Kadri

UFancyHuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly3RR View Post
Burke drafted Kadri over MSP. so if he wanted him he would have gotten him over Kadri
It's not a matter of wanting at the draft, He played his cards wrong, and mis valued the players.

My theory on it is that kane and schenn went higher than they were suppose to because of their names and hype. So, burke and every other gm who didn't take him before Edmonton had all slated him to go in the first 4 so they didn't look at MPS with the possibility of getting him.

They messed up. he was a STEAL at 10th

Ementy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Why would you put someone on your ignore list for making a completely non-inflammatory post which is a pretty accurate assessment from Edmonton's perspective? I don't think it's far-fetched at all to say Schenn's most likely development path is as a 2nd pairing defenceman with limited offensive ability (similar to a Cory Sarich).

The jury is still out on Paajarvi's overall offensive potential (I still question if he has a lot of natural finish although he's done a lot over the last year to make me wonder) but moving him for Schenn doesn't make much sense for Edmonton. Even if Paajarvi doesn't develop into a star offensively, he still offers a lot given his size and speed. At worst he develops into a bigger Radek Dvorak and that's a pretty valuable player.

09-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post
How, by acquiring a player that immediately jumps to the top of the depth chart for a Dman who is not showing any signs of meeting potential and/or hype
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
and Aulie a dman who only has value cause of size (which means nothing if he doesn't have skill)
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Quote:
and some dude I have never even heard of (Can't be that good)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH

MPS is seriously the most overrated prospect around these boards.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
nothing i love more then seeing someone pulling out the ignore list and thinking its bad ass and they dont look like a tool. cant handle the debate just ignore.

how is he gonna sleep if he is on kadri91 ignore list

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 05:06 PM
kyle747

hahaha. Any young player having a good camp is now on the way to TO for Schenn - not that Schenn isn't a good young player, it's just that not even Mike Milbury wouldn't make that trade (from EDM perspective).

Defensive defense-men are not worth potential high end forwards.

Especially ones who struggled to stay in the lineup in their sophomore year.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 05:26 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
nothing i love more then seeing someone pulling out the ignore list and thinking its bad ass and they dont look like a tool. cant handle the debate just ignore.

how is he gonna sleep if he is on kadri91 ignore list
You want me to argue with him? Okay.

He said Schenn ABSOLUTE MAX upside is that of a top-4 defenseman.

Look at these stats.

For Schenn to already be considered a top-4 defenseman he would have to fall in somewhere between 1-120 on the majority of the following stats.

All stats courtesy of NHL.com

Points- 106th/ for defenseman

Hits- 18th

Blocked Shots- 62nd

Takeways- 82nd

SH%- 49th (69th for shots)

Plus/Minus- 108th

TOI/G- 178th

considering he's ranked in the top 120 for every category shown here and ranked 178th in TOI, I'd say, considering the amount of ice-tim he got, he did pretty darn well. So when he says that at the MOST he's a top-4 defenseman, I don't really understand that.

Old
09-26-2010, 05:29 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
hahaha. Any young player having a good camp is now on the way to TO for Schenn - not that Schenn isn't a good young player, it's just that not even Mike Milbury wouldn't make that trade (from EDM perspective).

Yeah, I noticed that too, which is weird considering Schenn has actually been pretty darn stellar in the pre-season so far.

Old
09-26-2010, 05:31 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post

This.

We had a prime Jason Smith, one of the best leaders and shut down defenseman post lockout. Schenn should hope to have a career like him. He was amazing but he was never worth a star 1st line winger.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's not a matter of wanting at the draft, He played his cards wrong, and mis valued the players.

My theory on it is that kane and schenn went higher than they were suppose to because of their names and hype. So, burke and every other gm who didn't take him before Edmonton had all slated him to go in the first 4 so they didn't look at MPS with the possibility of getting him.

They messed up. he was a STEAL at 10th
I despise Kadri more than any prospect in the league but to say Burke messed up by picking him over MPS is absolutely ridiculous. MPS could be better but Kadri could be so much better as well. They are very even prospects right now but if I was building a team I'd rather Kadri. A case can be made on either side, but there is in no way a clear cut winner.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

So me give up our top D prospect, our top goalie prospect, and Schenn for MPS and a late pick. Yeah, no.

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Leafssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
So me give up our top D prospect, our top goalie prospect, and Schenn for MPS and a late pick. Yeah, no.
Aulie isn't probably in our top 3 defensive prospects, Reimer is behind Rynnas and can be measured with Scrivens, Schenn - Eh. MPS would probably already be a first liner on our team. That late pick could turn into a high boom/bust player that dropped later into the draft (Kirill Kabanov), possibly a Pavel Datsyuk (please), but most likely a serviceable bottom line player.

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 07:09 PM
davegagnerskid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
MPS is seriously the most overrated prospect around these boards.
Really?

The guy is lights out fast and the youngest player to ever play in SEL. looked amazing in the rookie tourny in Penticton and one upped his game against a group of Tampa prospects. A 3 time WJC medalist and Forsberg gives him the stamp of approval.

It's hard not to be high on him.

davegagnerskid is offline   Reply With Quote