HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brendan Morrison

Old
10-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Shaun_W_W

vCash: 500
I would love to sign him as a Leaf fan but he would not be ahead of Bozak on the depth chart

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 02:04 PM
gabeliscious

if the leafs signed him would you not think it would be for the 3rd line center roll???

gabeliscious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 04:32 PM
0123456789*

Morrison is older and has had a rough last few years but he is not only still good but has looked amazing this pre season. Barring a significant drop off in his play he would be the number one center in Toronto, and that probably easily. I know the Toronto players well, I might have seen Morrison alot more so far then any Toronto player but based on all my viewings last year and info this year I can safely assume that its unlikely anyone has shown to be a better center than Morrison(he has been that good, not just production but effort, skating, responsibility, making a difference and everything).

The only thing I would worry about is how he fairs over the course of a season if he were to be put in a position where he would get lots of important minuits through out the season, I cant help but think that he could wear down just based on his age and recent history.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 04:40 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post
Morrison is older and has had a rough last few years but he is not only still good but has looked amazing this pre season. Barring a significant drop off in his play he would be the number one center in Toronto, and that probably easily. I know the Toronto players well, I might have seen Morrison alot more so far then any Toronto player but based on all my viewings last year and info this year I can safely assume that its unlikely anyone has shown to be a better center than Morrison(he has been that good, not just production but effort, skating, responsibility, making a difference and everything).

The only thing I would worry about is how he fairs over the course of a season if he were to be put in a position where he would get lots of important minuits through out the season, I cant help but think that he could wear down just based on his age and recent history.
That's the thing! Can he play a whole season anymore? In Vancouver he will be a media darling playing fill in throughout the line-up. In TO he will be a regular. Can he do it? Does he want to?

That is why he wasn't snapped up in FA, he is a band-aid solution.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:

I agree thoroughly, BMo centering Kessel would be very. very. dangerous.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 06:05 PM
mrdonkey

Don't think we will see BMo end up in Calgary, Stajan is only expected to miss the first week or so of the regular season and Jokinen said if it were any other time of the year he would be playing right now. Langkow is still a question mark but it sounds like he's closer to being back than not. Stone I have no idea about but he should be pretty easy to replace internally if he's out for a while. Plus Backlund and Moss have done a pretty good job of filling in so far.

Don't really see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 06:14 PM
m9

Quote:

"Amazing" this pre-season.. really? I mean, I think he's been pretty good but to say that and also that he'd easily be the #1 centre on Toronto is going a little far.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote