HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders have Training Camp invites

Old
09-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 500
I'm one of Ortmeyer's biggest fans, and as weird as it'd be to see him in an Islanders sweater, I hope he gets the spot.

He's an outstanding PKer and a good locker room guy.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:04 PM
LAPPY13

I really hope Jed Ortmeyer (W) and Dean Mcammond (C/W) receive two-way contracts from islanders! We lack vets and with Streit now out for the year our PK is going to be that more important. Ortmeyer and Mcammond are very good 4th line players that can help the kids out and help the PK. Lets hope we do not get anymore injuries!!!!! Anders Eriksson(d) is a nothing but he was ok with Rangers last year I would not mind sticking him in Bridgeport and he can be a call-up when Martinek goes down (i hope that does not happen)

LAPPY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Two-way contracts for Ortmeyer, MacAmmond, Eriksson, and Kolanos would make Bridgeport a much better team, along with veteran call-ups for the Islanders.

Good work Garth. Even if they aren't signed I like the effort in getting these guys.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:10 PM
hgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Two-way contracts for Ortmeyer, MacAmmond, Eriksson, and Kolanos would make Bridgeport a much better team, along with veteran call-ups for the Islanders.

Good work Garth. Even if they aren't signed I like the effort in getting these guys.
I have nothing against giving some veterans playing time in Bridgeport as a teaching tool for some of the young guys. In fact, I'm a little surprised that the Isles haven't done this too much since Snow took over.

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:15 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzo View Post
I have nothing against giving some veterans playing time in Bridgeport as a teaching tool for some of the young guys. In fact, I'm a little surprised that the Isles haven't done this too much since Snow took over.
They did, but they were AHL veterans that never really played in the NHL (Wotton, Wyatt Smith, etc.)

Old
09-27-2010, 01:17 PM
hgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
They did, but they were AHL veterans that never really played in the NHL (Wotton, Wyatt Smith, etc.)
Yeah, I don't really consider the likes of Mark Wotton and Allan Rourke on the same caliber. (I do remember Rourke playing one game for us, where he swung at a shot and ended up deflecting it into the net against the Devils. We lost that game 1-0.)

Old
09-27-2010, 01:19 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Yeah, I don't really consider the likes of Mark Wotton and Allan Rourke on the same caliber. (I do remember Rourke playing one game for us, where he swung at a shot and ended up deflecting it into the net against the Devils. We lost that game 1-0.)
I'm not saying they're on the same caliber, but there was still a veteran presence there.

Old
09-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
very true about Weight, the thing with him to me is does he hold any real value playing on the 4th line? A 4th line needs a mix of energy and being able to bang bodies. Is Weight really serviceable on any type of 4th line?
No he isn't. 4th line is usually a grinding line, a checking line or a goon line. It looks like ours will be more of a grinder line. The thing is that Weight doesn't fit on any of the other lines either (Nielsen's line has to be the prototypical checking line), so he gets the 4th line by default. The Islanders aren't going to scratch him (for any significant amount of time) so he will play 4th line minutes by default and pp time.

Renbarg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Ostensibly, he signed Hilbert and Sim to function in that capacity. You can only ice so many veterans per game in the AHL.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
hgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Ostensibly, he signed Hilbert and Sim to function in that capacity. You can only ice so many veterans per game in the AHL.
Valid. Perhaps Eriksson will be a third to add, although I'm pretty sure you can only ice five players who qualify as veterans.

Old
09-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Sideshow Bob

from a page on the main boards trade/signings page
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=809106&page=12
Joel Martin has been released from isles camp. seems pretty quick.

Last edited by Sideshow Bob: 09-30-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: sp.
Sideshow Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
from a page on the main boards trade/signings page
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=809106&page=12
Joel Martin has been released from isles camp. seems pretty quick.
He was only in camp until Legace got in. He went back to Bridgeport once Manny got to Isles camp.

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote