HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL - Sprint to the Playoffs Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Around the NHL - Sprint to the Playoffs Edition

May as well get this thread going again...

Eberle with 2-1-3 in the first period against Vancouver. Hall with an assist -- they look good with Horcoff in the middle as the "defensively responsible one".

09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
May as well get this thread going again...

Eberle with 2-1-3 in the first period against Vancouver. Hall with an assist -- they look good with Horcoff in the middle as the "defensively responsible one".
Between this performance and MPS's hatty, how many "OMG, (insert Oiler prospect) had a huge night" threads are we going to see this pre-season.

Old
09-26-2010, 10:48 PM
mgeise

I hope these rookies can revitalize Horcoff. I don't want to see the Oilers saddled with an albatross contract. Horcoff is looking like he'll have a lot of value on that team as a stabilizing influence for Hall, Paajarvi, and Eberle.

Old
09-27-2010, 03:45 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleta36 View Post
I hope these rookies can revitalize Horcoff. I don't want to see the Oilers saddled with an albatross contract. Horcoff is looking like he'll have a lot of value on that team as a stabilizing influence for Hall, Paajarvi, and Eberle.
With the way he can still defend and skate, he makes a great choice to be in the middle of two of the rookies. That alone could drive his production and start reclaiming that contract value.

Old
09-27-2010, 03:56 AM
jfb392

Omark was pretty good too; 1-2-3 in the game with a highlight reel goal and two nice assists, one of which was really pretty and lucky at the same time.

Old
09-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Omark was pretty good too; 1-2-3 in the game with a highlight reel goal and two nice assists, one of which was really pretty and lucky at the same time.
I didn't catch the whole game, just the first period where Eberle was lighting the Canucks up. I'll check it out.

Old
09-27-2010, 04:05 AM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Streit is possibly out for 6 months. If ever there is an opportunity to make room for Mike Weber it could be now.

Old
09-27-2010, 04:18 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I didn't catch the whole game, just the first period where Eberle was lighting the Canucks up. I'll check it out.
I find that the best highlights are here, since they are actually edited somewhat.

The goal was beautiful, but the assists are even better, in my opinion.
For the first, his saucer pass on the blue line to Vandermeer was perfect and you can tell he had played in professional leagues before, and the second (the lucky one) was just a really nice drop pass, albeit a little dangerous.

Back on the original topic though, Toronto isn't happy with Nazem Kadri right now.
Ron Wilson has been criticizing his game all pre-season and Brian Burke isn't happy with his play either and says he expected more.
It looks as if he'll be spending some time with the Marlies.

Last edited by jfb392: 09-27-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old
09-27-2010, 04:29 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I find that the best highlights are here, since they are actually edited somewhat.

The goal was beautiful, but the assists are even better, in my opinion.
For the first, his saucer pass on the blue line to Vandermeer was perfect and you can tell he had played in professional leagues before, and the second (the lucky one) was just a really nice drop pass, albeit a little dangerous.

Back on the original topic though, Toronto isn't happy with Nazem Kadri right now.
Ron Wilson has been criticizing his game all pre-season and Brian Burke isn't happy with his play either and says he expected more.
I was planning on checking 'em out on the Vancouver video site -- just to hear the disappointment.

Edit -- watching on the Oil site... the fight highlights (Stortini bleeding like a stuck pig and he's the winner? w.t.h. )

Old
09-27-2010, 06:26 AM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
, how many "OMG, (insert Oiler prospect) had a huge night" threads are we going to see this pre-season.
Probably as many as the 'OMG, Kassian should make the team' threads here.

Old
09-27-2010, 10:08 AM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placek View Post
Probably as many as the 'OMG, Kassian should make the team' threads here.
Nice one !

Old
09-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Streit is possibly out for 6 months. If ever there is an opportunity to make room for Mike Weber it could be now.
Initially, I thought that the Islanders would make an ideal trading partner, as well, and we could trade one of Rej or Butler for a pick in order to clear space on the blueline and allow the team to carry 13 forwards (if 22 players is still the plan). The more I looked into it, though, a deal may be tough to come by. The Isles traded their 3rd to Anaheim for Wisniewski. For a rebuilding team, it's doubtful that they'd be willing to also give up their 2nd for one of our defenders who have a value closer to a 3rd/4th rd pick. They still have decent defensive depth (Wiz, Eaton, Martinek, Jurcina, Gervais, McDonald, Hillen, and even Hamonic), so they may be willing to ride it out with those guys, knowing a high draft pick awaits at the end of the rainbow.

I'm not sure what Joensuu's value is right now, or what NYI's plans are for him, but Buffalo could take a run at him. He's got size (6'4'', 220) and he'd add depth to the forwards. I'm not sure what, if anything, Buffalo would have to add to Butler or Sekera, but it'd be worth some consideration.

Old
09-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
The NY Rangers assigned Wade Redden to the AHL and gave his agent their blessing to to work a loan deal with European clubs.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=335424

Quote:
Here is a complete list of players placed on waivers on Monday:

Mike Angelidis (TB), Chris Durno (TB), Mitchell Fritz (TB), Blair Jones (TB), Vladimir Mihalik (TB), Juraj Simek (TB), Paul Szczechura (TB), Trevor Smith (AN), Dane Byers (NYR), Kris Newbury (NYR), Jeremy Williams (NYR), Darryl Boyce (TOR), Joey Crabb (TOR), Ryan Hamilton (TOR), Alex Foster (TOR), Ryan Hollweg (PHX), Alexandre Picard (PHX), Garrett Stafford (PHX), Nolan Yonkman (PHX), Matt Climie (PHX), Al Montoya (PHX), Patrick Davis (NJ), Stephen Gionta (NJ), Olivier Magnan-Grenier (NJ) Bradley Mills (NJ), Tim Sestito (NJ), Chad Wiseman (NJ), Mike McKenna (NJ), Brian Willsie (WSH), Kyle Greentree (WSH), Andreas Thuresson (NSH), Teemu Laakso (NSH), TJ Hensick (STL), Brad Moran (EDM), Gregory Stewart (EDM), Hugh Jessiman (CHI), Tyler Weiman (VAN), Triston Grant (FLA), Gord Baldwin (CGY), William Thomas (FLA), Andre Benoit (OTT), Mike Brodeur (OTT), Cliche, Marc-Andre Cliche (LA), Thomas Jordan Trevelyan (SJ), Jay Leach (SJ), Sean Sullivan (SJ), Jon Disalvatore (MIN), Robbie Earl (MIN), Petr Kalus (MIN), Warren Peters (MIN)

Old
09-27-2010, 04:43 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
I still don't understand why he's so hyped.

Old
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Use this going forward.

Old
09-30-2010, 11:48 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThorne View Post
I still don't understand why he's so hyped.
He's a good player and Toronto's best prospect, so the hype comes naturally.
I like the kid and everything, but they are putting a lot of pressure on him (the organization, media, and fans alike) and they are just on their way to making him another Carlo Colaiacovo.

Old
09-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
He's a good player and Toronto's best prospect, so the hype comes naturally.
I like the kid and everything, but they are putting a lot of pressure on him (the organization, media, and fans alike) and they are just on their way to making him another Carlo Colaiacovo.
It didn't hurt his profile to have a good WJC's last year either. At least the Schroeder-LeBlanc-Kadri idiocy has died down for the moment...

Old
09-30-2010, 07:54 PM
StokesAndJokes

What channel is this on for DirectTv?

Old
10-01-2010, 11:51 AM
ohheyimmark

I swear if NJD get under the cap by throwing Salvador on LTIR...Lou has incriminating pictures of Bettman or something.

Old
10-01-2010, 11:59 AM
ohheyimmark

Also, pre McKenzie's twitter, Souray and Gerber, along with everyone else from yesterday, cleared waivers. Unlikely he'll be sent down, so we'll see if anyone nabs him on recall.

Old
10-01-2010, 12:10 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar2866 View Post
Also, pre McKenzie's twitter, Souray and Gerber, along with everyone else from yesterday, cleared waivers. Unlikely he'll be sent down, so we'll see if anyone nabs him on recall.
A player has to be sent down then called back up in order to be claimed on recall waivers. Recall waivers is when a player goes through the waiver process on the way back to the NHL from the AHL.

Old
10-01-2010, 12:20 PM
ohheyimmark

that's what I get for posting during class. That made absolutely no sense. Heh.

Old
10-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Vito_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
A player has to be sent down then called back up in order to be claimed on recall waivers. Recall waivers is when a player goes through the waiver process on the way back to the NHL from the AHL.
Well Souray could always be "sent down" wink wink, then put on recall waivers.

There's no way he'll actually suit up in the AHL, but I think all he has to do is report there and he's officially been sent down.

Old
10-01-2010, 08:11 PM
jfb392

Boogaard, D. (06:31 in 3rd)

Most newsworthy thing this pre-season.

Old
10-02-2010, 04:06 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Campbell out for a month with a knee sprain.

Good thing Chicago matched the Hjalmarsson offer sheet.

Closed Thread