10-04-2010, 05:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
Thats not what I was referring to:

Fowler cost the US a half a point on saturday by dropping the wrong ball during foursomes.
Ok, well that was like on 6 and it wasn't on Monday. He stole a half point as well, while I'm sure he feels bad about that, he did his part in coming back when it wasn't being left for him.

Old
10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
MatthewT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Ok, well that was like on 6 and it wasn't on Monday. He stole a half point as well, while I'm sure he feels bad about that, he did his part in coming back when it wasn't being left for him.
a point on friday is just as important as a point on monday, or half-point in this case

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 05:41 PM
PanthersPens62
Smokin'Jay in theMIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Hunter Mahan is kind of left holding the bag after what happened on 17, but Cink is going to be the one who is sitting up all night for the next 2 years
Just saw highlights of the presser on ESPN.....felt awful for Hunter as he broke down in tears but thought Cink's words about him were extremely classy. All in all I think the US did a lot better than many expected they would. My disappointment is with Phil, who continues to be basically awful in Ryder Cup competition despite today's fine outing. had he given us just one more point over the weekend we have the Cup right now. And yes, nice to see Tiger making progress despite a few really bad shots/putts over the course of the 4 days.

PanthersPens62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
a point on friday is just as important as a point on monday, or half-point in this case
Well in that case I blame Dustin Johnson for continuing to be a choke artist.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 05:47 PM
SeNaToR PhIL

Oh wow, I also felt bad for Mahan...

SeNaToR PhIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Double-Shift Lasse
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersPens62 View Post
Just saw highlights of the presser on ESPN.....felt awful for Hunter as he broke down in tears but thought Cink's words about him were extremely classy. All in all I think the US did a lot better than many expected they would. My disappointment is with Phil, who continues to be basically awful in Ryder Cup competition despite today's fine outing. had he given us just one more point over the weekend we have the Cup right now.
Um - doesn't that go for pretty much everyone?

Old
10-04-2010, 06:12 PM
PanthersPens62
Smokin'Jay in theMIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Um - doesn't that go for pretty much everyone?
Well yes, but Phil is the veteran of the team......I expect a bit more from him than the newbies. And yeah, like GKJ said above, Dustin kind of choked again over the weekend but I sort of give him a little pass since he is a 1st timer.

PanthersPens62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 06:51 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Thats not what I was referring to:

Fowler cost the US a half a point on saturday by dropping the wrong ball during foursomes.
The US was already in a bad spot when Fowler made that mistake, no? I'm pretty sure Europe was on the fairway and Fowler's ball was stuck in the mud. Now anything can happen but it's not like Fowler screwed up a sure win on the hole; they were already at a disadvantage unless I'm misremembering.

10-04-2010, 06:56 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Woods was their best player along with Stricker. They didn't even play that bad in the match they lost, Westwood and Donald were just unreal. Matt Kuchar was the real disappointment for the U.S. side IMO, for as great as he has played all year he just didn't have the goods for this week.
Maybe terrible wasn't the right word. Woods was good with his irons during the whole tournament but when paired with Stricker both his driving and putting were off. It was Stricker finishing off those team matches with his putting. He certainly ended like the Tiger we're used to seeing though.

Lots of disappointments for the USA though. D.Johnson looked like a HS golfer with his putting on the first 3 days. Kuchar, as you mention. Mickelson the first 3 days. Cink down the stretch in singles play giving away some easy holes and ending up with only a halve. Bubba Watson, bless him for what he's going through but he was just awful and took his putting cues from Johnson. Mahan throughout but especially today. Furyk throughout.

I still think the Americans did well considering how bad a lot of them were playing the majority of the time.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 10-04-2010 at 07:25 PM.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:39 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeNaToR PhIL View Post
Oh wow, I also felt bad for Mahan...
Why do you feel bad for a PGA Tour player that looked like a 10 handicap when the pressure was on?

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote