HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heres a thought...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2010, 12:51 AM
  #1
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,167
vCash: 500
Heres a thought...

So far, I'd say hands down our best center has been Artem Anisimov. Stepan has been good, Anisimov has been superb...How about...and I know this sounds crazy, but how about putting your best center, with your best wingers.

I know, i know...CRAZY TALK!


Frolov - Anisimsov - Gaborik

DO IT.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:00 AM
  #2
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,468
vCash: 500
I tried to get Leslie to ask Torts if he would try this but I have no clue if that happened b/c I don't remember what thread that was in so I couldn't follow up.

Would love to see it! Tried at the very least.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:02 AM
  #3
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,873
vCash: 500
I asked this a while ago, hadn't really thought of it much since.

I'd be more than fine, in fact even happy, with a

Fro-Anisimov-Gabs
Dubinsky-Stepan-XX

The only problem I can see is that I think if Stepan makes the team giving him anything less than our best wingers will make people sour on him since he'll look a little worse, plus lower his potential output.

Would love to see it tried during preseason, though. Definitely.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:29 AM
  #4
gravey9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
I think Anisimov has natural chemistry with Frolov. They both create offense off the boards well and I could see them really clicking on the same line. Not sure Anisimov and Gaborik are ultimately a great fit though. Gabby would probably do better in the long run with either EC or Stepan. That said, i do think it's worth trying anisimov with him - i'd love to be wrong.

gravey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:30 AM
  #5
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I asked this a while ago, hadn't really thought of it much since.

I'd be more than fine, in fact even happy, with a

Fro-Anisimov-Gabs
Dubinsky-Stepan-XX

The only problem I can see is that I think if Stepan makes the team giving him anything less than our best wingers will make people sour on him since he'll look a little worse, plus lower his potential output.

Would love to see it tried during preseason, though. Definitely.
if Stepan made the team, with the way Torts juggles lines, I would not be surprised to see Anisimov and Stepan both getting time with Frolov and Gaborik. In fact, if we end up having scoring problems, You could see those two broken up and wind up with something like Prospal-Stepan-Gaborik, Frolov-Anisimov-Callahan? aaaand then a month later, Torts will go back to the original lines he had.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:32 AM
  #6
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
if Stepan made the team, with the way Torts juggles lines, I would not be surprised to see Anisimov and Stepan both getting time with Frolov and Gaborik. In fact, if we end up having scoring problems, You could see those two broken up and wind up with something like Prospal-Stepan-Gaborik, Frolov-Anisimov-Callahan? aaaand then a month later, Torts will go back to the original lines he had.
Really I have no problem with any of the lines mentioned besides the obvious idea that it halts chemistry from building.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:34 AM
  #7
Elvis Presley
Aka #30
 
Elvis Presley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,330
vCash: 500
ive been posting in the offseason that anisimov's numbers in the past show that hes due for something better than we've seen.


I SUPPORT THIS IDEA.
give him a chance to see what he can do 1st line!!!!!

Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:28 AM
  #8
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,475
vCash: 500
Which is why next year we can have this:

Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Frolov - Anisimov - Grachev
Dubinsky - Werek - Callahan

Oh how one can dream.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 04:02 AM
  #9
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,294
vCash: 500
I think they're seeing Stepan as a better puck distributor which might be the key at least with Gaborik. Really Anisimov was excellent in last years training camp and had a so-so season until the end when he picked it up with Prust and Shelley on his wings. Could kind of do it like this:

Dubinsky-Stepan-Gaborik
Frolov-Anisimov--? (maybe Callahan)

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:30 AM
  #10
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 14,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I think they're seeing Stepan as a better puck distributor which might be the key at least with Gaborik. Really Anisimov was excellent in last years training camp and had a so-so season until the end when he picked it up with Prust and Shelley on his wings. Could kind of do it like this:

Dubinsky-Stepan-Gaborik
Frolov-Anisimov--? (maybe Callahan)
This is what I'd like to see. You could also put Prospal at the RW spot.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:54 AM
  #11
RyanBozak
Registered User
 
RyanBozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edison, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RyanBozak
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
Which is why next year we can have this:

Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Frolov - Anisimov - Grachev
Dubinsky - Werek - Callahan

Oh how one can dream.
Oh man, the eye candy on that is delicious. To be honest, I don't think that's too far fetched.

RyanBozak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 08:01 AM
  #12
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
So far, I'd say hands down our best center has been Artem Anisimov. Stepan has been good, Anisimov has been superb...How about...and I know this sounds crazy, but how about putting your best center, with your best wingers.

I know, i know...CRAZY TALK!


Frolov - Anisimsov - Gaborik

DO IT.

Lets not forget who the coach is. Torts will try everything.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 08:49 AM
  #13
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
To me, it just seemed as though they had instant chemistry (Frolov and Anisimov). It was pretty well depicted on that beautiful goal. Last year, the "old" Anisimov I didn't see a player who could keep up with Gaborik.

I think that the "new" Anisimov has the confidence to not only create plays and keep up with Gaborik and Frolov but Anisimov has the type of body that could really get in and do the dirty work on the boards.

I would also really like to see this line.

In regards to this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
Which is why next year we can have this:

Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Frolov - Anisimov - Grachev
Dubinsky - Werek - Callahan

Oh how one can dream.
That is exactly what it is, a dream. There is no way that this is what the team looks like NEXT year. Give it maybe another year or so, because Kreider may be ready, but I don't think he is ready to be a top line LW'er yet, and I also don't think Werek will be ready for a couple of years.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:13 AM
  #14
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,620
vCash: 500
I'm expecting Artie to shoulder a greater offensive load this year, but that might be asking too much of him. If he were to center those two, I'd much rather see him spend half the season on the 2nd or 3rd line and move up, than see him start the year there and get moved around if he cant handle it.

It's just a little thing, but the concept of "moving up" can do wonders for a guys confidence. I think Artie is going to be a special player for this organization, but I think his role should be tied to his development, not the organizational need at any given time.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:16 AM
  #15
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,341
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I think the thought on Anisimov is why not try and get him to provide secondary scoring when Stepan and Christensen can yield similar if not better results on the top line. He's got a skillset that allows him to kind of create on his own, I mean he was producing with Prust and Shelley last year. I don't think the same can be said for Stepan and Christensen.

Frolov-Stepan/Christensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Prospal

offers a lot more balance than
Frolov-Anisimov-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan/Christensen-Prospal

IMO

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:32 AM
  #16
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
I agree Inferno and it's odd to me that Torts hasn't even tried that trio together yet this preseason. I'm just wondering if Stepan doesn't play with Gabby and Fro, will he be able to hold his own with much less talent to work with?

Anisimov has proven to be one of the most versatile centers on this team, and Torts may be trying to take advantage of that, knowing very well that Stepan may struggle if he's not with top talent this season.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:39 AM
  #17
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
if Stepan made the team, with the way Torts juggles lines, I would not be surprised to see Anisimov and Stepan both getting time with Frolov and Gaborik. In fact, if we end up having scoring problems, You could see those two broken up and wind up with something like Prospal-Stepan-Gaborik, Frolov-Anisimov-Callahan? aaaand then a month later, Torts will go back to the original lines he had.

Sorry to be off topic, but where has Prospal been? He hasn't been in any PS games. Is he injured?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:43 AM
  #18
King of cool
The winning hat
 
King of cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under your skin
Country: France
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Sorry to be off topic, but where has Prospal been? He hasn't been in any PS games. Is he injured?
Yeah, unclear if it's his ankle or knee, both have been metnionned by beat writers. Latest news had him out at least until the back and back against Ottawa.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:45 AM
  #19
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Yeah, unclear if it's his ankle or knee, both have been metnionned by beat writers. Latest news had him out at least until the back and back against Ottawa.
Yeah, I thought I read it wasn't anything too serious. Just precautionary like Rozsival.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:47 AM
  #20
we want cup
Ants in the Pants
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,309
vCash: 500
Let's remember that AA's best stretch last year came playing with Prust and Shelley. It might be better to put him with physical wingers than with finesse wingers. I'd at least like to see some toughness on his line. I'd experiment with AA and Dubinsky to see if Dubi's combination of size, toughness, and scoring ability would benefit AA more than playing with "pure scorers" like Frolov or Gaborik might.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:47 AM
  #21
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Sorry to be off topic, but where has Prospal been? He hasn't been in any PS games. Is he injured?
hurt his knee...day 2 day

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
  #22
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Let's remember that AA's best stretch last year came playing with Prust and Shelley. It might be better to put him with physical wingers than with finesse wingers. I'd at least like to see some toughness on his line. I'd experiment with AA and Dubinsky to see if Dubi's combination of size, toughness, and scoring ability would benefit AA more than playing with "pure scorers" like Frolov or Gaborik might.
actually, my impression of Frolov is that he doesnt really care about getting his hands dirty..althought i really havent been able to catch much of the PS this year

they could be a nice fit together actually

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:08 AM
  #23
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
I want Anisimov centering the second line. You need two+ lines to compete.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:10 AM
  #24
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I agree Inferno and it's odd to me that Torts hasn't even tried that trio together yet this preseason.
He did. Last night. For one shift, late in the 3rd.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:20 AM
  #25
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
actually, my impression of Frolov is that he doesnt really care about getting his hands dirty..althought i really havent been able to catch much of the PS this year

they could be a nice fit together actually
Explain what you mean by "getting his hands dirty".

If you mean physicality, like huge body checks, then yea.

But he works his butt off on the boards and in the corners. He back checks hard, and plays a solid two way game. He will get a lot of PK time.

So, in the traditional sense, he gets his hands dirty plenty with hard work on both sides of the puck.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.