HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'10-11 Sabres injuries (Post-season)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2011, 12:57 AM
  #326
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Via Paul Hamilton Twitter:

Miller's injury is a huge deep bruise on the shoulder and chest. Collarbone is not broken and head is OK.
that's good... why wasn't he on the plane? or was that a false rumor?

either way, he should take atleast saturday off... possibly sunday too

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 04:08 AM
  #327
fing0rz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,843
vCash: 500
so did he travel with the team or not?

Iv heard 2 different things

fing0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 08:38 AM
  #328
sabrezombie
Registered User
 
sabrezombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sloan
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Miller did not make the trip, but his equipment did. It was that late of a decision.

Quote:
WGR's Paul Hamilton has learned Ruff thought that and his equipment is in Washington, but at the last minute, they held Miller back. Hamilton also learned that the injury is a huge bruise on his shoulder and chest with swelling. There is no head injury or broken collar bone. There's a very small chance the goaltender could meet the team in Raleigh.

Miller is still considered to be day-to-day with that injury. Ruff revealed today that it is not a long-term injury.
http://wgr550.com/Miller-Not-On-Road-Trip/9533022

It's surprising that he doesn't go amidst this tight playoff race just to be with the team and cheer them on kind of like Rivet did even though he was scratched.

sabrezombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:22 AM
  #329
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Via Paul Hamilton Twitter:

Miller's injury is a huge deep bruise on the shoulder and chest. Collarbone is not broken and head is OK.
G-d, if this was Hasek they'd be talking how he pulled the chute cause he was injured. I'm not going to judge whether he can play through it. Nobody should have done that to Hasek and nobody should do it to Miller, IMO.
But I would like to know why he can't make the trip to support the team, if it's not something a plane ride will further injure like a concussion. Is there some type of NHL rule if you're on injury roster or something.
I want to hear a reasonable explanation why their "leader" is not travelling with the team.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:28 AM
  #330
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted
 
HarryNealesGarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BOS
Country: United States
Posts: 4,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
G-d, if this was Hasek they'd be talking how he pulled the chute cause he was injured. I'm not going to judge whether he can play through it. Nobody should have done that to Hasek and nobody should do it to Miller, IMO.
But I would like to know why he can't make the trip to support the team, if it's not something a plane ride will further injure like a concussion. Is there some type of NHL rule if you're on injury roster or something.
I want to hear a reasonable explanation why their "leader" is not travelling with the team.
If the doctors said "Ryan, you'll be better off staying here and refund so you can get healthy faster," I would adjudge that to be the likely reason why he didn't make the trip, and is perfectly reasonable to me.

His goal is to get healthy ASAP. And he'll do whatever the doctors tell him.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:30 AM
  #331
OcAirlines
Registered User
 
OcAirlines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
After almost riding him into the ground because we didn't have a capable back-up for most of the season, i'm totall fine with Miller getting some rest and/or family time. A fresh Miller will be very valuable come playoff-time and him travelling with the team now wouldn't really help a lot. It's not game 7 of the playoffs, calm down guys.

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:33 AM
  #332
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Tim Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
G-d, if this was Hasek they'd be talking how he pulled the chute cause he was injured. I'm not going to judge whether he can play through it. Nobody should have done that to Hasek and nobody should do it to Miller, IMO.
But I would like to know why he can't make the trip to support the team, if it's not something a plane ride will further injure like a concussion. Is there some type of NHL rule if you're on injury roster or something.
I want to hear a reasonable explanation why their "leader" is not travelling with the team.
How do we know he didn't stay back for a appointment with a specialist. How do we know he didn't stay back for some kind of treatment?

Point is we don't know and there is no reason to criticize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
After almost riding him into the ground because we didn't have a capable back-up for most of the season, i'm totall fine with Miller getting some rest and/or family time. A fresh Miller will be very valuable come playoff-time and him travelling with the team now wouldn't really help a lot. It's not game 7 of the playoffs, calm down guys.
If Enroth plays well this could be a blessing in disguise. Forced rest.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 12:18 PM
  #333
ohheyimmark
Registered User
 
ohheyimmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Ruff said since Miller couldn't practice, he was better off staying in Buffalo. Leopold has pneumonia, which has pushed back the work on his hand even further. Bad news for us and a tough break for Leo - even with his defensive lapses, we miss his mobility and first pass.

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 12:18 PM
  #334
barcs
Registered User
 
barcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,051
vCash: 500
So Leopold has pneumonia

edit: whoops, beaten to it.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 12:25 PM
  #335
Insomniac99
Registered User
 
Insomniac99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Posts: 1,591
vCash: 500
Any update on Leopold? Last I heard was the news that his trip to the hand specialist was delayed. I was hoping we might get some good news after that.

Insomniac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 12:54 PM
  #336
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcs View Post
So Leopold has pneumonia

edit: whoops, beaten to it.
AND sounds like surgery is what is going to happen.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 01:01 PM
  #337
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Tim Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 1237
Let's hope MAG seizes the opportunity here.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 02:09 PM
  #338
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
After almost riding him into the ground because we didn't have a capable back-up for most of the season, i'm totall fine with Miller getting some rest and/or family time. A fresh Miller will be very valuable come playoff-time and him travelling with the team now wouldn't really help a lot. It's not game 7 of the playoffs, calm down guys.
Riding him into the ground? I wonder if Cam Ward will be playing Sunday -- that's riding a guy into the ground. When was the last time Carolina started its backup.
I'd just like to know why Ryan didn't make the trip. There may be a valid reason.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 04:20 PM
  #339
BowieSabresFan
Registered User
 
BowieSabresFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Riding him into the ground? I wonder if Cam Ward will be playing Sunday -- that's riding a guy into the ground. When was the last time Carolina started its backup.
I'd just like to know why Ryan didn't make the trip. There may be a valid reason.
I'd assume he wasn't well enough to play or be backup, so why take him?

You sound as if there's some doubt about the reason.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 04:55 PM
  #340
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,806
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Riding him into the ground? I wonder if Cam Ward will be playing Sunday -- that's riding a guy into the ground. When was the last time Carolina started its backup.
I'd just like to know why Ryan didn't make the trip. There may be a valid reason.

Being able to rest and get treatment at home rather than spending time on flights and in hotels seems pretty easy to see. Or is this more of anti-Miller stuff?

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 05:28 PM
  #341
fing0rz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Riding him into the ground? I wonder if Cam Ward will be playing Sunday -- that's riding a guy into the ground. When was the last time Carolina started its backup.
I'd just like to know why Ryan didn't make the trip. There may be a valid reason.

simple, doctors/ruff most likely told him to stay and home and rest, because it will be better for him to heal then traveling with the team. (travel takes a toll on a body).

if you are really questioning if miller wanted to be there or not, thats a joke. There is no one more dedicated to this team and winning then he is. If him being with the team was a possibility, he would be there. But clearly its better for him to stay home and rest

fing0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:52 PM
  #342
ARS
Registered User
 
ARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,548
vCash: 500
What do you guys think the chances are of Miller starting tomorrow? 50-50? Maybe less?

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:55 PM
  #343
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,806
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARS View Post
What do you guys think the chances are of Miller starting tomorrow? 50-50? Maybe less?
Since he didn't travel with the team to Washington, I'd say a lot less.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:59 PM
  #344
ARS
Registered User
 
ARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Since he didn't travel with the team to Washington, I'd say a lot less.
That sucks, I hope he'll be 100% for the playoffs atleast

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 12:00 AM
  #345
Tyler Durden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,593
vCash: 500
What do you think the chances are of Miller starting vs Carolina?

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 12:02 AM
  #346
OpethianSabre20
..........
 
OpethianSabre20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
What do you think the chances are of Miller starting vs Carolina?
Zero.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 12:06 AM
  #347
Tyler Durden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,593
vCash: 500
Why do you say that?

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 12:07 AM
  #348
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death
 
Ron Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: bdddddddet
Posts: 5,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Why do you say that?
Because he didn't travel with the team. Kinda hard to play when he won't even be in town.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 12:07 AM
  #349
OpethianSabre20
..........
 
OpethianSabre20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Why do you say that?
Because he didn't practice earlier this week and he didn't make trip to Washington. Very, very unlikely that he plays tomorrow.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 08:24 AM
  #350
jlr
\m/o.o\m/
 
jlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,095
vCash: 500
Just wanted to say that this injury list is really getting out of hand.

On the plus side - I have to think that if we can squeak into the playoffs and start getting some of these guys back healthy, we'd be that much stronger for it.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.