HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Opening Night Lineups?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2010, 09:54 AM
  #1
tmlfanforever23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Opening Night Lineups?

I drafted Turris and OEL. So

What do you think the opening night line up will be like?

tmlfanforever23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:04 AM
  #2
Bandit34
Registered User
 
Bandit34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: HFBoards
Country: United States
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Doan - Wolski/Belanger - Whitney/Wolski
Upshall - Wellwood/Turris - Stempniak/Whitney
Stempniak/Belanger - Hanzal - Vrbata
Pyatt - Fiddler - Tikhonov/Prucha/Korpikosiki/Wellwood
Bissonnette

Jovanovski - Aucoin
Morris - Yandle
Ekman-Larsson - Lepisto
Hnidy/Schlemko

Bryz
LaBarbara

There is still some competition but this is my safest bet. haha

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:36 AM
  #3
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
I really like Whitney with Vrbata.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:21 AM
  #4
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,321
vCash: 500
Here's what I'd like to see with what's been happening at camp so far:

Doan Wolski Upshall
Stemp Turris MacLean
Whitney Hanzal Virbatta
Tiki Fiddler Pyatt

Jovo Yandle
Morris OEL
Lepisto Aucoin

Biz/Schlemko

I'd pick Boedker over Pyatt but I don't think they'd go with that many young guys at once. I think this lineup has a nice mix of vets and younger players. Nice mix of size and speed too. Screw keeping mediocre vets over young guys that can score. Tik/Turris/MacLean are ready for a shot imo.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:27 AM
  #5
Thor Savage
Registered User
 
Thor Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
My potential lines

Wolski-Turris-Doan
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Upshall-Belanger-Stempniak
Pyatt-Fiddler-Korpikoski or Tik
Reserve = Bissonette

Yandle-Morris
Jovonovski-Lepisto
Aucoin-Ekman Larsson
Reserve = Hnidy

I really like the idea of Wolski and Doan on Turris' wings. Hanzal, Whitney and Vrbata look good together, I was impressed Saturday night. Korpokoski does what he does well so I think he is going to be tough to move out of the line up. But if Tik is ready, then Korpikoski is out.

Thor Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
  #6
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Here's my opinion:

Wolski-Turris-Stempniak
Upshall-Belanger-Doan
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Tikhonov
Bissonnette

Morris-Yandle
Jovonovski-Aucoin
(Ekman-Larsson)-Lepisto

Bryzgalov
Labarbera

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:30 AM
  #7
indczn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Here's what I'd like to see with what's been happening at camp so far:

Doan Wolski Upshall
Stemp Turris MacLean
Whitney Hanzal Virbatta
Tiki Fiddler Pyatt

Jovo Yandle
Morris OEL
Lepisto Aucoin

Biz/Schlemko

I'd pick Boedker over Pyatt but I don't think they'd go with that many young guys at once. I think this lineup has a nice mix of vets and younger players. Nice mix of size and speed too. Screw keeping mediocre vets over young guys that can score. Tik/Turris/MacLean are ready for a shot imo.
I see that line accumulating a lot of minuses.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:31 AM
  #8
Thor Savage
Registered User
 
Thor Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Here's what I'd like to see with what's been happening at camp so far:

Doan Wolski Upshall
Stemp Turris MacLean
Whitney Hanzal Virbatta
Tiki Fiddler Pyatt

Jovo Yandle
Morris OEL
Lepisto Aucoin

Biz/Schlemko

I'd pick Boedker over Pyatt but I don't think they'd go with that many young guys at once. I think this lineup has a nice mix of vets and younger players. Nice mix of size and speed too. Screw keeping mediocre vets over young guys that can score. Tik/Turris/MacLean are ready for a shot imo.
What about Belanger?

Thor Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:34 AM
  #9
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
I heard from a Rampage Follower that MacLean is already in San Anton. Can anyone verify?

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:37 AM
  #10
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,245
vCash: 500
Doan-Turris-Wolski
Upshall-Belanger-Stempniak
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Tikhonov
Bissonnette

Jovanovski
Yandle
Morris
Aucoin
Ekman-Larsson
Lepisto
Hnidy

Bryzgalov
LaBarbera

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
  #11
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
I heard from a Rampage Follower that MacLean is already in San Anton. Can anyone verify?
There was a tweet saying he assisted on a goal by Ryan Weston. I was wondering if it was a mistake or not.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:53 AM
  #12
indczn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
http://sarampage.com/news/index.html?article_id=1010

SA rampage training camp roster. Assuming that shows who got cut.

edit: MacLean is on it.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 12:14 PM
  #13
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
MacLean is just slow...I watched him specifically the other night just to get a feel for how he plays, and he is not quick and really a very below average skater.

People provide the comparisons to Holmstrom (as somone who will go to the net hard and screen the goalie), but Holmstrom is a much better skater than MacLean...and that is hard to say, because Holmstrom is below average, which signifies just how bad MacLean's skating really is.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:42 PM
  #14
Mike92
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Savage View Post
Wolski-Turris-Doan
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Upshall-Belanger-Stempniak
Pyatt-Fiddler-Korpikoski or Tik
Reserve = Bissonette

Yandle-Morris
Jovonovski-Lepisto
Aucoin-Ekman Larsson
Reserve = Hnidy

I really like the idea of Wolski and Doan on Turris' wings. Hanzal, Whitney and Vrbata look good together, I was impressed Saturday night. Korpokoski does what he does well so I think he is going to be tough to move out of the line up. But if Tik is ready, then Korpikoski is out.
I like it. Ill let tipps know we got his roster done for him. I like korpi, but hopefully tikhonov makes it, he seems ready this year an another khl year does him no good.

Mike92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:00 PM
  #15
Slavko*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ukraine
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Slavko*
Wolski - Turris - Doan
Upshall - Belanger - Stempniak
Whitney - Hanzal - Vrbata
Payatt - Fiddler - Korpikoski (Biz, Tik)

Yandle - Morris
Jovo - Lepisto
OEL - Aucoin (Schlemko)

Bryz (Barbs)

Tippett (Sam.)
Don Maloney

fans


Slavko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:12 PM
  #16
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz
 
wpgyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavko View Post
Wolski - Turris - Doan
Upshall - Belanger - Stempniak
Whitney - Hanzal - Vrbata
Payatt - Fiddler - Korpikoski (Biz, Tik)

Yandle - Morris
Jovo - Lepisto
OEL - Aucoin (Schlemko)

Bryz (Barbs)

Tippett (Sam.)
Don Maloney

fans

I envision something closely resembling this. Maybe Tikhonov in for Korpikoski, but I'll have a better opinion after this week's set of exhibition games. I haven't been able to see any games aside from one grainy web stream of that game against the Kings...

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:20 PM
  #17
KeziaTML
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 279
Does Sean Sullivan ever have a chance to make the club?

KeziaTML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
  #18
Stump
Registered User
 
Stump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cupcake Summit
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post
Does Sean Sullivan ever have a chance to make the club?
In San Jose perhaps. He's not Coyote property anymore.

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:31 PM
  #19
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,245
vCash: 500
He's on waivers, so if we want him back, we can have him.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:35 PM
  #20
Waldo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Tonites game is bradcast on TSN in Canada. Don't know if anyone there can get it.

Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
  #21
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,321
vCash: 500
Well if MacLean isn't going to be there, I'm rooting for Boeds in that spot. I want our youth to take those spots instead of the scrap heap guys. There's enough veteran leadership on this team to bring the young guys along and the talent they add can get us to the next level.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:20 PM
  #22
Thor Savage
Registered User
 
Thor Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Well if MacLean isn't going to be there, I'm rooting for Boeds in that spot. I want our youth to take those spots instead of the scrap heap guys. There's enough veteran leadership on this team to bring the young guys along and the talent they add can get us to the next level.
In looking at the remaining guys . . . not allot of scrap heap guys. I am anticipating Wellwood not making the team or Prucha for that matter. That leaves Korpikoski battling it out with Tik and Boedker. All three of those guys can play a role. Korpi is great on the PK and would be tough to replace. I'm more concerned with both Ekman-Larsson and Lepisto in the 6 man defenseman rotation. I'd like another vet, not necessarily a 30+ year old guy, but is it possible to trade for one at this point?

Thor Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:25 PM
  #23
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~
 
Swat Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Savage View Post
In looking at the remaining guys . . . not allot of scrap heap guys. I am anticipating Wellwood not making the team or Prucha for that matter. That leaves Korpikoski battling it out with Tik and Boedker. All three of those guys can play a role. Korpi is great on the PK and would be tough to replace. I'm more concerned with both Ekman-Larsson and Lepisto in the 6 man defenseman rotation. I'd like another vet, not necessarily a 30+ year old guy, but is it possible to trade for one at this point?
I think Boedker is ready for the NHL, his main issue of years past was he didn't want to work for the puck from the past few games i think he proved he can. On defense i think we would be okay to start with both Ekman-Larsson and seems like Lepisto has improved his game a good bit since last season.

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:38 PM
  #24
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4
 
TheMurdocktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,476
vCash: 500
(assuming Prucha is waived/released/traded)

Wolski-Turris-Doan
Stempniak-Belanger-Upshall
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Korpikoski
Bissonnette, Tikhonov

Jovo-Yandle
Morris-OEL
Lepisto-Aucoin

Bryz
LaBarbera

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:29 PM
  #25
kingbrutis
Registered User
 
kingbrutis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 500
I think they would be making a big mistake by letting Wellwood go.

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.