HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opening Night Lineups?

Old
10-05-2010, 10:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
I'm fine with Schlemko. If he sucks, DM will do something.
But Parent has Donald Trump hair and a Paul Mara beard. I mean...come on! Aren't you just dying to see that combo in brick and sand?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:17 PM
zitter63*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Ryan Parent is on waivers. I'd prefer him to Schlemko in the reserve role.
Ryan parent was traded to Van for O'brien

zitter63* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zitter63 View Post
Ryan parent was traded to Van for O'brien
And immediately put on waivers. Nucks don't want him. Preds had to give him up because they were at the fifty contract max. Nucks are up against the cap and are hoping someone claims him. They'd prefer not to pay him NHL money to play in the AHL if they can help it.

Old
10-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Do you listen to a lot of games on the radio, Scott? The reason I ask is because you always seem to spell player names as Tyson Nash pronounces them. "Korpikowski" rather than Korpikoski and "Upshaw" rather than Upshall.

I'm not trying to be the spelling police. God knows I'm as guilty as anyone else, I'm just curious if there is a tie to Nash in this.
He's my toothless hero, and I do listen to him in the post game show as I leave the parking lot. I just can't spell worth a damn.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:00 AM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
I'd love to see Whitney-Wolski-Vrbata out on a power play.
I'd like it if Wolski won faceoffs.

Why not Wolski-Turris-Vrbata
with Whitney-Yandle at the points?

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:03 AM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Ryan Parent is on waivers. I'd prefer him to Schlemko in the reserve role.
Definitely. Kid's got some potential still, and he seemed like he was pretty good for Philly last year. Philly fans were upset that Holmgren gave him away for basically nothing since Hamhuis never signed with them. If he makes it through to our waiver position, it's worth a shot I'd think.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

if he falls to us I hope we grab him. I want to see what this guy can do.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:11 PM
zitter63*

i'd actually rather see them pick up sourray on re-entry for 2.5. The guy has an absolute rocket on the point and would help our PP alot more than Parent would. I'm not thinking a huge long term deal, but the guy wants to play and prove himself, i think if he's going to try to have a monster year we'd might as well take the chance at half price

zitter63* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:37 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
if he falls to us I hope we grab him. I want to see what this guy can do.
I have always been a fond supporter of Ryan Parent ever since his days as a top shut down defender on the Canadian World Junior Teams.

I see him as a poor man's version of Marc Staal. The thing with Parent is originally in Nashville he was expected to be outstanding being that he was a 1st round pick. He matured slower than the likes of Weber, Hamhuis and Suter and was then deemed expendable due to the organization's wealth at that position.

Again in Philadelphia, the pressure was on as is always the case with the fan base in Philly. While he was not the lynch pin on the Flyers blue-line, he did round out his game and turned out to be a solid if unspectacular contributer during their run to the Stanley Cup Final.

Fans of the Flyers were even upset at the trading of Parent before the start of the Free Agent period just for a chance to talk to UFA to be Hamhuis (who they didn't even sign)

The best is yet to come from Ryan Parent and here in Phoenix, he won't have to be anything spectacular and he can learn from some pretty solid veterans. Seems like he is perfect for Dave Tippet's system.

COME ON DM!!!!! Make a waiver wire steal!!!

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I have always been a fond supporter of Ryan Parent ever since his days as a top shut down defender on the Canadian World Junior Teams.

I see him as a poor man's version of Marc Staal. The thing with Parent is originally in Nashville he was expected to be outstanding being that he was a 1st round pick. He matured slower than the likes of Weber, Hamhuis and Suter and was then deemed expendable due to the organization's wealth at that position.

Again in Philadelphia, the pressure was on as is always the case with the fan base in Philly. While he was not the lynch pin on the Flyers blue-line, he did round out his game and turned out to be a solid if unspectacular contributer during their run to the Stanley Cup Final.

Fans of the Flyers were even upset at the trading of Parent before the start of the Free Agent period just for a chance to talk to UFA to be Hamhuis (who they didn't even sign)

The best is yet to come from Ryan Parent and here in Phoenix, he won't have to be anything spectacular and he can learn from some pretty solid veterans. Seems like he is perfect for Dave Tippet's system.

COME ON DM!!!!! Make a another waiver wire steal!!!
fixed

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 01:03 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Good Call!!!!

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioGeno71 View Post
Definitely. Kid's got some potential still, and he seemed like he was pretty good for Philly last year. Philly fans were upset that Holmgren gave him away for basically nothing since Hamhuis never signed with them. If he makes it through to our waiver position, it's worth a shot I'd think.
Just from a Hawks fans perspective - but it seemed like the Flyers to play Parent AT ALL in the P/O's. That's probably way too small of a sample size - but it was obvious that the Flyers had absolutely NO confidence in Parent in the finals.

Not saying's he's is a bust or not worth taking a shot on in waivers, but the Flyers fan's posts I remember where's sad AT ALL to see him go.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:17 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Wolski-Turris-Doan
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Stempniak
Upshall_Belanger-Prucha

Yandle-Morris
Jovo-Lepisto
OEL_Aucoin

Bryz
Barbs

That's what I want for opening night.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 03:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

That is so solid. Not many high end players, but a ton of depth.

Old
10-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Wolski-Turris-Doan
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Stempniak
Upshall_Belanger-Prucha

Yandle-Morris
Jovo-Lepisto
OEL_Aucoin

Bryz
Barbs

That's what I want for opening night.

This is exactly what I want to see as well. I could see a Upshall-Belanger-Prucha line getting a fair share of garbage goals during the year.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

And still through camp and pre-season Turris has spend no time with Wolski and Doan, at least as far as I can remember. if Tippett had any intention of him playing there once the games are for real he would have been there already, developing chemistry.

I'd like to see him there too but as I see it now there is no chance. At least to start the year.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
And still through camp and pre-season Turris has spend no time with Wolski and Doan, at least as far as I can remember. if Tippett had any intention of him playing there once the games are for real he would have been there already, developing chemistry.

I'd like to see him there too but as I see it now there is no chance. At least to start the year.
<snip>

Edit: nevermind ....I forgot they were still trying Wolski at center during the LA game.

Last edited by Sceva Sct: 10-06-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 05:07 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post

Then swap Turris and Belanger. I would be fine with Prucha and Upshall flanking Kyle.

Quote:
That is so solid. Not many high end players, but a ton of depth.
Imagine if you swapped Lepisto and Belanger with Michalek and Lombardi.

Wolski-Lombardi-Doan
Upshall-Turris-Prucha
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Stempniak

Jovo-Michalek
OEL-Aucoin
Yandle-Morris

Bryz

I'm thinking that line up could have taken a run at that shiny trophy.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Imagine if you swapped Lepisto and Belanger with Michalek and Lombardi.
Lepisto and Belanger combined 2010-11 salary: $1.55 million
Michalek and Lombardi combined 2010-11 salary: $7.5 million

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 05:51 PM
raygunpk
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

So I'm going to assume Stempniak doesn't come anywhere close to his goal totals last year...

raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 07:13 PM
shoegoo

As far as I can tell, the only line with questions right now is Turris'. The other 3 lines are all but set. In no particular order they are:

Wolski-Belanger-Doan
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Stempniak

Left over for the final line are Turris, Upshall, Prucha, Korpi, and Bissonnette.

shoegoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Belanger hasn't impressed me other than standing in front of the goalie...he'd be my "odd" man out, btw, I thought Belanger had good wheels, am I the only one not seeing it???

I really wish Tipp would go back to Wolski in the middle...I thought he did well in the face-offs, and with his puck skills, I want him touching the puck as much as possible.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
So I'm going to assume Stempniak doesn't come anywhere close to his goal totals last year...
Same linemates, so if he doesn't, it's on him.

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:26 AM

I'm not sure if it's been tried much yet, but I think a natural trio would be Turris centering Wolski and Whitney. I think the offensive creativity would just explode with those three.

Then I'd keep the Czech line together. They have offensive limitations that prevent them from being a legit NHL second line (mainly Prucha) but if Hanzal is able to raise his game offensively this year this gives the team a great two-way line.

Upshall is going to play tentative early on this seasons, so I think putting him with Belanger and Doan might be a good way to get things moving. Doan and Upshall had chemistry with Lombo last year and Belanger might be able to get something going with them. If nothing else it gives the team yet again another great balanced line.

Finally I would go with Fiddler centering Stemp and Pyatt as they showed some solid chemistry last year and even this preseason. Again, it keeps the theme of having 4 lines rolling that are balanced on both sides of the puck. There will obviously be a revolving door to make room for Biz and Korp but that has a good foundation for a line.

I think you'll see the offensive and defensive forwards split on special teams, so guys like Stemp, Upshall, Doan will see PP time while guys like Belanger and Fiddler will be on the PK.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:50 AM
PhoPhan

Tippett likes pairs more than lines.

Hanzal and Vrbata are a natural pair that should stay intact. I'm fine with Prucha there, but I think Whitney makes more sense there. Skill is more important than country of origin, and I think Whitney complements that line more so than Prucha.

Fiddler and Pyatt seem like a good pair as well. Stempniak is the logical choice there, but I expect him to bounce around a lot.

Based on preseason play and a little from last year, it looks like Wolski and Doan can be a good pair, too, and at the very least, their styles seem complementary.

So you have:

Wolski-XXX-Doan
XXX-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-XXX

That leaves Turris, Belanger, Upshall, Whitney, Stempniak, Prucha and Korpikoski to slot themselves in somewhere or make a line on their own. So you'll probably see Turris or Belanger between Wolski and Doan (I'd guess Belanger first and Turris eventually), Whitney or Prucha on the left of Vrbata and Hanzal, and then Stempniak or Korpikoski on the right of Pyatt and Fiddler, leaving the last line looking like:

Prucha/Whitney-Turris/Belanger-Stempniak/Korpikoski/Upshall

With that in mind, here's what I'd like to see:

Wolski-Turris-Doan
Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Stempniak
Prucha-Belanger-Upshall

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote