HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Two piece setup recommendation

Old
09-20-2010, 09:44 PM
madmutter
I heff to be med

vCash: 500
Two piece setup recommendation

I'm thinking about a ONE95 shaft and an ST blade. Never used a two piece before. Any thoughts or recommendations?

madmutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:01 PM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

I actually just uploaded a video discussing my stick collection. I have (2)Z-bubble's I really like--made by Easton. There's this old thread and also a discussion on the facebook page about what others are using if you wanna check it out.
---
YouTube.com/SchoolyardPuck | Facebook.com/SchoolyardPuck

budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmutter View Post
I'm thinking about a ONE95 shaft and an ST blade. Never used a two piece before. Any thoughts or recommendations?
I actually have exactly that combination. Its one of my favorite sticks. Excellent for slappers, and the weight/balance/puck feel is the best I have ever used.

The Rbk sickicks (7k or 10k) give me the best wrist/snap shot of any stick I have ever used, but in every other category my one95 with the ST is the winner by a mile. Youre going to love it.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 10:20 PM
blueberrydanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmutter View Post
I LOVE my one95 two-piece. Not familiar with ST but if its the same price as the one95 blade might aswell as snag a one95(if they got curve you like of course). Durability wise my one95 blades have held up real well and not to mention performance wise its great. Hate repeating myself all the time in these boards but getting a one95 two-piece for 140$ is a fkn steallllll. No clue why Bauer charges much less for their one95 shaft than others but hell I hope they do it forever.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 11:24 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
agree with blueberry. if you're going with the one95 standard shaft, might as well use the one95 blade too. imo, it's far superior to the st blade...lighter, stiffer, awesome feel and just as durable.

that being said, if you're more of a wrist/snap shot guy and feel is more secondary to you, then i highly recommend the dolomite dd shaft with any tapered blade of your choice. kicks nice and hard, no slouch on slap shots either.

thedonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

One95 two piece is excellent.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 09:00 PM
WithOutPaperss

Two pieces are great...not sure why, but I love them. I have a Vector 08 shaft with a TPS composite blade, Frolov curve. It has worked great for me but I just got a Easton Synergy Magnum shaft for cheap and put a wooden Easton blade in it. I'm loving it so far. The key is to find a curve you like, because you could always use this curve no matter what shaft you get.

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:31 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Go with the one95 blade. The one95 blade is better and it fits the shaft better. Bauer's shafts/tenons tend to be a little large compared to other companies.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

Easton Synergy ST, ST blade. I really haven't found something that beats it for durability/performance. Good balanced stick for pretty much everything. Not outstanding at any one aspect, but good all around. Wrist/Snap, slappers, puck feel, weight, all good, and it can take a beating. I prefer two-pieces because I ALWAYS break the blade before I snap the shaft. The dreaded "puck mark" cracks on the blades drive me nuts.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote