HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto and NJ

Old
09-29-2010, 08:26 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
uh to both of you....he said PARISE not Zajac. Just clearing it up.

and I doubt any of those players are coming this way unless we get some prospects in return, ive said this before.

The only way i see both the teams doing a trade is if both some fixes their salary cap with some veteran dumping and some prospects involved.
Parise or Zajac it makes no difference. Kadri's name shouldn't be on the ice against those two let alone considered in a trade.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 09:25 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Saying Kadri is up for trade period is like saying Streit and Okposo will have break out seasons this year Don't get me wrong here I agree Kadri is not worth Zajac or Parise, to be honest Kadri is not worth much since he has yet to really play NHL level so we cannot determine what his price is yet. Leafs fans and anyone else attempting to make trades with the leafs, never put Kadri in till he has played for the love of god

And remember forum "Yes, the mic is on!"

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 09:50 AM
bobbyflex

How about Schenn + Kadri + Kaberle for Parise + Rolston

Last edited by bobbyflex: 09-29-2010 at 09:58 AM.
bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:09 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
bobbyflex How about Schenn + Kadri + Kaberle for Parise + Rolston
so we give up two prospects/rookies/sophomores/whatever and a d-man that does not want to leave t.o for a great sniper and a salary dump. As a T.O fan I personally say no deal.

Old
09-29-2010, 10:32 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
so we give up two prospects/rookies/sophomores/whatever and a d-man that does not want to leave t.o for a great sniper and a salary dump. As a T.O fan I personally say no deal.
so we give up a STUD 1st line LW and a solid LW that can play all 3 forward positions and will score 20-25 goals from the 3rd line, all while being defensively responsible, who's on a bloated contract for two completely unproven prospects/rookies and a good d-man on the last year of his contract? **** no.

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
so we give up a STUD 1st line LW and a solid LW that can play all 3 forward positions and will score 20-25 goals from the 3rd line, all while being defensively responsible, who's on a bloated contract for two completely unproven prospects/rookies and a good d-man on the last year of his contract? **** no.
looks like, we are on the same page (Insert CSI: Miami intro music here)

And remember forum "Yes, the mic is on!"

Old
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
Welcome to the trade board mate. Where Kovalchuk is old and washed up and aborted fetuses have the potential to break 40goals.

Old
09-29-2010, 12:20 PM
aBurmistrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Devil View Post
Bozak - untouchable? What's he done to earn such a status?

Lol, don't even mention Parise's name. That's just going down an ugly road. I wouldn't trade Parise for all those "untouchables" combined.
This, Parise >>>> Those "untouchables".

aBurmistrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 07:32 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
A legit 1st liner can be found on New Jersey's 2nd line FWIW. Guys like Elias, Arnott and Langenbrunner are as legit as they come. Toronto has actually nothing that would even come close to interesting in exchange for a guy like Parise..
Langbrunner Elias and and Arnott are top 6 guys for sure but neither are worth Schenn because all of them are in their mid 30's where as schenn is 20 and has very high celling

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluske View Post
Parise or Zajac it makes no difference. Kadri's name shouldn't be on the ice against those two let alone considered in a trade.
ok...there is a huge difference and level gap between a player like parise and a player like zajac. Just like how you over value zajac we over value our centers because thats our weak spot and same to you.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 11:34 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellis25 View Post
As per Brian Burkes thoughts on Kadri, he will not be playing a top 2 center roll this season. Though Zubrus is debatably getting overpaid for production, he seems like a Burke-like player as he is a grinder and makes good plays on both sides of the ice. If Kadri is eventually ready to make this step at some point this season, Zubrus could easily make the transition to winger, which he has done in NJ.

As NJ is in need for a true PMD (greene doesnt cut it as a top 2), Toronto has a surplus of D talent. I was thinking of a trade with a basis of Zubrus, Langenbruner/clarkson and a mid-low d to toronto (Salvador, white, corrente?) for a top 4 toronto D-man. Depending on the pieces put foward by NJ, toronto would alter the quality of their D-man. (kaberle, beauchemin, komisarek, Schenn) {obviously not phaneuf).

If langenbruner is taken in this trade, toronto would have to add an offensive piece as langenbruner is a great veteran leader and on a great contract. Burke clearly like langenbruner as he made him captain of USA.

Clarkson is also liked by Burke as he tried to trade Sundin for him way back when. Clarkson would fit torontos offese well.

Basically this would be a good basis of a trade for both teams and depending on specifics both teams may possibley be happy

Although Burke and Lou dont seem to be to tight right now, all NHL GMs must do what is necessary to improve their teams.
I missed this on first read through...What exactly are you referencing here? Sundin's last game as a Toronto Maple Leaf was on March 29th 2008. Brian Burke was hired by the Leafs on November 29th 2008.

I guess perhaps since Sundin was a UFA for about 20 days after Burke was hired he could have been trying to swing a sign and trade, but that doesn't seem likely. It seems more likely that you heard a few years back that Clarkson was offered in a deal for Sundin (at the deadline) and are confusing Burke with Fletcher, which throws off the proof of your whole "Burke has a man crush on Clarkson" idea.

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:04 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
ok...there is a huge difference and level gap between a player like parise and a player like zajac. Just like how you over value zajac we over value our centers because thats our weak spot and same to you.
There's a gap, sure, but Zajac is a first line center. Not a top tier one, but he's good for nearly 70 points, is elite defensively, and has only improved over the last two seasons. Plus, he's on a great contract for 3 more years.

He has a ton of value.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 08:17 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Did I say there wasn't a skill gap? No. I'm saying Kadri isn't close to Zajac and isn't even in the same galaxy as Parise.

Old
09-30-2010, 11:46 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
You've done nothing except continue to grasp onto straws hoping to see a defenceman traded rather than objectively look at the team and realize that it does not make sense to do so at this point in time, especially for anything that New Jersey is likely to offer.
Yeah how crazy of me to want to move one our 8 dmen with NHL contracts to bring in help up front which we have room for. We have too much salary tied into the defence and it's an obvious position of strength for us. You see jfried what teams tend to do is trade from a position of strength to address a position of weakness. These trades AREN'T gonna happen so calm down. It's about wheter or not the value is there. Remember this is for fun. So instead of putting your same bloody boring explanation on why Beauchemin is the next coming of christ or that Grabovski can't be moved because he's vet presence at center try and just look at the trade. I'll give you an example. You obviously don't like Zubrus so instead of all the garbage about our players just put not interested in Zubrus because of his contract but I may look at player X for player Y or you can simply say we don't make good trading partners. Try and have fun with it. It get's really old watching you take over threads with the same story every time.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 08:00 PM
HolikHoliday16

crazy canadians ^^^ "jfried"

HolikHoliday16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 09:16 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Yeah how crazy of me to want to move one our 8 dmen with NHL contracts to bring in help up front which we have room for. We have too much salary tied into the defence and it's an obvious position of strength for us. You see jfried what teams tend to do is trade from a position of strength to address a position of weakness. These trades AREN'T gonna happen so calm down. It's about wheter or not the value is there. Remember this is for fun. So instead of putting your same bloody boring explanation on why Beauchemin is the next coming of christ or that Grabovski can't be moved because he's vet presence at center try and just look at the trade. I'll give you an example. You obviously don't like Zubrus so instead of all the garbage about our players just put not interested in Zubrus because of his contract but I may look at player X for player Y or you can simply say we don't make good trading partners. Try and have fun with it. It get's really old watching you take over threads with the same story every time.
What you've said is all fine and dandy, but it doesn't address the specific players on the Leafs blueline. Phaneuf is the #1 defenceman on this team for better or worse, he's played the majority of his time alongside Francois Beauchemin, and they've looked pretty good in doing so. Therefore, it does not make sense to trade a defenceman from the top pair to get a forward that we'll be trying to rid ourselves in the near future, and really isn't all that much of an upgrade on John Mitchell or Tim Brent right now. Tomas Kaberle is on this team with a NTC, and has slowly been developing chemistry with Mike Komisarek, who will be given an opportunity to prove himself afterthe injury and signing a 5 year deal. Luke Schenn and Carl Gunnarsson are the Leafs only youth upside on the blueline and potential for cost savings next year. Brett Lebda was just signed.

Trades aren't made based on value, they are made because it makes sense for both teams to do it. There is no such thing as "player X or player y", only specific players who bring specific qualities.

For the above reasons, it does not make sense for the Leafs to trade any of their top 7 for anything New Jersey is likely to offer.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 10:12 PM
TyBOZAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
Doubt Schenn is available. I, along with Brian Burke, have a mancrush on him.
How much do you think he's gonna get payed next season ? 3.5M?

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 10:46 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
What you've said is all fine and dandy, but it doesn't address the specific players on the Leafs blueline. Phaneuf is the #1 defenceman on this team for better or worse, he's played the majority of his time alongside Francois Beauchemin, and they've looked pretty good in doing so. Therefore, it does not make sense to trade a defenceman from the top pair to get a forward that we'll be trying to rid ourselves in the near future, and really isn't all that much of an upgrade on John Mitchell or Tim Brent right now. Tomas Kaberle is on this team with a NTC, and has slowly been developing chemistry with Mike Komisarek, who will be given an opportunity to prove himself afterthe injury and signing a 5 year deal. Luke Schenn and Carl Gunnarsson are the Leafs only youth upside on the blueline and potential for cost savings next year. Brett Lebda was just signed.

Trades aren't made based on value, they are made because it makes sense for both teams to do it. There is no such thing as "player X or player y", only specific players who bring specific qualities.

For the above reasons, it does not make sense for the Leafs to trade any of their top 7 for anything New Jersey is likely to offer.
wow your clueless. You realize player x and player y are not actual players right? Insert names in those spots. Trades are based on value. Each team ***** the value of a player to their team and goes from there. If the value works for both teams the trade is done. If it doesn't then it doesn't happen. Anyway, I'm done.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 03:40 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
Zubrus and Clarkson for Beauchemin, D. Mitchell and M. Stefanovich.

I can dream... .

Versteeg-Bozak-Kessel
Caputi-Grabovsi-Kulemin
Clarkson-Zubrus-Armstrong
Brown-Hanson-Orr
MacArthur, Sjostrom

Phaneuf-Schenn
Kaberle-Komisarek
Lebda-Gunnarsson
Lashoff

Giguere
Gustavsson
YES because we just HAVE to have a 3rd line center with acap hit of 3.4million a season.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:31 AM
MauDevils

Clarkson+(Salvador or Zubrus for cap reasons)+Henrique or a pick
for
Kaberle

Thoughts?

Depending on the Devils cap situation at the deadline I could see something like this. By then it will be clearer if Kaberle intends to resign. This isn't last years deadline, Kaberle is a full blown rental now and getting a core piece and a promising prospect is a nice return.

MauDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:41 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post
for
Kaberle

Thoughts?

Depending on the Devils cap situation at the deadline I could see something like this. By then it will be clearer if Kaberle intends to resign. This isn't last years deadline, Kaberle is a full blown rental now and getting a core piece and a promising prospect is a nice return.
I'd do it.

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post
for
Kaberle

Thoughts?

That's a deal I would have considered before Armstrong signing but due to his signing, I wouldn't be much interested in Clarkson.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:30 AM
REM17

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Langbrunner Elias and and Arnott are top 6 guys for sure but neither are worth Schenn because all of them are in their mid 30's where as schenn is 20 and has very high celling
Actually, these three guys have already won the cup - you know that's the the big pot you get once you win the playoffs

REM17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 07:31 PM
BADC5

Lets stop talking about trading SCHENN not going to happen....

BADC5 is offline   Reply With Quote