HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No Fault From Kovalchuk "Incident"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2010, 05:36 PM
  #1
CanyonofBlueshirts
Registered User
 
CanyonofBlueshirts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
No Fault From Kovalchuk "Incident"

Funny, Nick Boynton can be suspended for a throat slash gesture by Ilya Kovalchuk isn't b/c a) he's a "superstar" and b) sean avery was involved.

Rangers management needs to stick up for Avery. There have been plenty of incidents over the past year and a half where there seemed to be a bias against Avery from refs and this inaction by the league is affirming those assumptions.

.. oh wait, it wasnt a throat slash, he told him to "zip it".. I didn't realize Kovy was a Dr. Evil fan.

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:43 PM
  #2
SRTtoZ
Registered User
 
SRTtoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,948
vCash: 500
Well normally you'd have a point, but Kovy clearly said ZIP it and did the motion over his mouth...So your post is clearly negated.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:44 PM
  #3
TreeSapLlama
Registered User
 
TreeSapLlama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Take off the homer goggles. It was in no way a throat slash gesture. That having been said, biased reffing is an issue (no penalty on clarkson? Seriously?)

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:45 PM
  #4
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,337
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIbFT4PWOr4

Definitely a "shut up" motion.

However, the no-call on Clarkson plus the fact the referee was HANGING off Avery's back with Kovalchuk and Clarkson beating on him is still ridiculous.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:45 PM
  #5
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD
 
Kovalev27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
It wasn't a throat slash. Stop

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:47 PM
  #6
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Both Avery and Torts said it was a "Zip it" gesture and NOT a throat slash.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:49 PM
  #7
CanyonofBlueshirts
Registered User
 
CanyonofBlueshirts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
It wasn't a throat slash. Stop
not definitively a "zip it" motion. especially from that side angle. honestly, what hockey player would say "zip it"? gimme a break.

regardless, the ten minute misconduct to avery should be reason enough for the rangers to file a grievance with the league.

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:50 PM
  #8
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500
This is a non issue. What is reprehensible is the ref blowing the call and then telling Avery that he isn't allowed to go after superstars. Can't get more bush league than that, NHL.

Dr. Ogrodnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:53 PM
  #9
CanyonofBlueshirts
Registered User
 
CanyonofBlueshirts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Both Avery and Torts said it was a "Zip it" gesture and NOT a throat slash.

yeah right.. b/c they wouldnt lie to quell the situation..

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:54 PM
  #10
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM3RR27 View Post
yeah right.. b/c they wouldnt lie to quell the situation..
No need to believe them, you just need to watch the replay and not be a fool

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:55 PM
  #11
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
You can't give a throat slash motion!? It's hockey!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:55 PM
  #12
CanyonofBlueshirts
Registered User
 
CanyonofBlueshirts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
This is a non issue. What is reprehensible is the ref blowing the call and then telling Avery that he isn't allowed to go after superstars. Can't get more bush league than that, NHL.
i dont really care, kovalchuk could have put his fingers in a V and stuck his tongue in between them for all i care. you cant tell me the replay really shows it as a zip it motion. to me it just shows a double standard.

all im saying is that avery gets taken advantage of and the refs let it happen, ever since he came back from suspension from the sloppy seconds incident the refs have allowed other players to cheap shot him

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
  #13
TreeSapLlama
Registered User
 
TreeSapLlama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Also, Since when was a throat slashing gesture a big deal? Players threaten each other all the time. Trash talking is a part of all sports. Is it simply because of the televised nature that they crack down on gestures?

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:02 PM
  #14
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
also, why would avery and torts want to "quell" the situation? what do they have to gain, or lose for that matter?

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:06 PM
  #15
CanyonofBlueshirts
Registered User
 
CanyonofBlueshirts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
also, why would avery and torts want to "quell" the situation? what do they have to gain, or lose for that matter?
more to lose than to gain, not exactly good news for the rangers to attract attention through the media with something involving avery. especially after that game.

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:08 PM
  #16
CanyonofBlueshirts
Registered User
 
CanyonofBlueshirts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianJagr View Post
Also, Since when was a throat slashing gesture a big deal? Players threaten each other all the time. Trash talking is a part of all sports. Is it simply because of the televised nature that they crack down on gestures?
once again, i only give a **** b/c it shows a double standard, boynton gets supsend, kovy doesnt. i couldnt care less what he actually did, just the double standard.

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:08 PM
  #17
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM3RR27 View Post
more to lose than to gain, not exactly good news for the rangers to attract attention through the media with something involving avery. especially after that game.
they have nothing to lose. What are they going to do, fine/suspend avery or the team for saying "he made a throat slash gesture at me?" If anything they would be looking towards Kovalchuk for suspension.

This is a non-issue.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:12 PM
  #18
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
If you're looking for something to complain about, focus on the fact that ref told avery he got a misconduct for messing with kovalchuk because "he's a superstar"

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:16 PM
  #19
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...
 
Mint Berry Crunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 1,961
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
If you're looking for something to complain about, focus on the fact that ref told avery he got a misconduct for messing with kovalchuk because "he's a superstar"
This.

As for the "throat slash" gesture you're seeing...

You're wrong, get over it.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:19 PM
  #20
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 11,831
vCash: 500
i wouldnt even care if he actually did a throat slashing gesture.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:44 PM
  #21
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 500
I know it's a preseason game but why wouldn't the Rangers management send a tape of the incident to the league office? Avery's hated. ok. He's a an *******. ok. But is it really ok for referees to do whatever they want in spite of official rules? That's going to preserve the integrity of the game?

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:47 PM
  #22
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,337
vCash: 500
Yeah seriously, i can't repeat just how much of a problem I have with that whole Clarkson, Avery, Kovalchuk, referee fiasco.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:04 PM
  #23
redbranch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: bridgewater,nj
Country: United States
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Avery quelling a situation does not compute

The calls in that situation were embarassing, but kovy didnt give a throat slash gesture. And i wouldnt care if he did. This is hockey, not tennis. Not that a player doing it would make me happy either

redbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:10 PM
  #24
PanMan
Registered User
 
PanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
That's a "zip it", no question about it. Stop trying to find something to complain about. I even laughed out loud when I saw it live because it seemed so childish.

PanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
  #25
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Let's be honest, the real victims are we, who don't get to know what avery was saying to kovalchuk that he told him to zip it!

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.