HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Avalanche...

Old
09-27-2010, 07:48 PM
avs1986

vCash: 500
Avalanche...

J'entre dans la paix! Since i'm assuming many of you live in/near Quebec City, i had a question... I was a Nords fan for a few seasons, before the move to Colorado(i was very young,maybe 7 or 8, i also live in SoCal! haha)...anyways, i was wondering how the people of Quebec,specifically Quebec City,receive the Avs to this day(I know this question is kind of late,by about 15 years,haha)...what i mean is did many people become Avs fans or turn into Habs fans?? and do the Avs have any sort of following in and around Quebec? Could you wear an Avs sweater in Quebec City,without getting a bunch of ****? I know this is a touchy subject for many Quebecers, and probably alot of you don't care considering they were your arch nemesis,but if anyone could describe the situation to me, that would be greatly appreciated,as i've always been curious...thanks!(I hope this thread doesn't case to much hate,as that's not it's intended purpose) I also hope for the day Quebec City gets the team they deserve, and the great Battle of Quebec resumes, as it was one of the great rivalries in hockey...cheers

Last edited by avs1986: 09-27-2010 at 07:59 PM.
avs1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:59 PM
AntonCH

I know quite a few people from Quebec city that don't care all that much for hockey anymore, there's still fans that watch, last year's opening night was a testament to that. But, the departure of their team seems to have stung.

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Franky Gee

We are pretty much the same age and I didn't follow hockey much back then. Now, I don't like the Avalanche but it's much more because my favourite West team is Detroit so with the rivalry and all...

Quebec City has a lot of Habs fans nowadays (mostly people who weren't old enough to really be affected by the Nordiques' departure I'd say) but many still hate the Habs. The game last year against Boston at the Colisée, I'd say the crowd allegiance was 50/50.

I'm also pretty sure a lot of people around my age who are now rooting for the Habs would switch for the Nordiques if they had to come back.

Franky Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:44 PM
tizzel

for the next 2 years after they got moved to colorado i was a Avs fan ..then i turned into a habs fan : P and now i dont really care about the AVs .. actually there is easily 4 or 5 teams in the West that i prefer.

tizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzel View Post
for the next 2 years after they got moved to colorado i was a Avs fan ..then i turned into a habs fan : P and now i dont really care about the AVs .. actually there is easily 4 or 5 teams in the West that i prefer.
I think this is what happened with a lot of people. Im in Ottawa/Gatineau and Nordiques fans I know turned into Sens fan () with the hope Quebec will come back.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Nordiques fans have become the biggest bandwagoners in the whole league.

Part-time Avs, Ducks, Canes, Pens, Caps, Wings and Hawks fans.

Almost full-time Lightning fans (except on nights they lose)

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:48 AM
neofury*

I've met a lot of Avs fans in my day, most of them were from Quebec City or surrounding areas. I have met several from Montreal as well though. I think many people made the jump but I bet now that Roy isn't around and the Avs suck the bandwagoning is over.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

The people I knew who cheered for the Nordiques now cheer for Ottawa or Boston,they still hate the Habs

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:46 AM
GordonGraham

the first 2-3-4 seasons after the nords left there were a tons of avs fan in quebec city, many people wearing avs mechandise as well, as the year went by and all the old nords players left the team/retired the people stop caring. Now the Avs are like any toher team in the league with a few random fans

You would have no problem at all wearing merchandise from any team in quebec city even the habs.

90% of the younger generation who didnt see the nords or were just too young to remember are now Habs fan, others who were in their 20's -30's 40's when the team left still hate the habs with passion but even some of those turned to the habs

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote