HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Rattrick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Ditto for me! Really hope they do that. Can't believe the ***** will be free in less then a week!
Talked to my teammate who is a prosecutor and he said he EXPECTS (keyword here) that the state and Judge Perry will bring her through the gauntlet financially for all that she cost the state. Said that if she hadn't been found guilty of misleading police officers, their hands would have been tied, but now they can essentially "charge" her for the whole case, even the portions she was found innocent for since they were brought upon by the same trial that she was found guilty in.

Old
07-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Talked to my teammate who is a prosecutor and he said he EXPECTS (keyword here) that the state and Judge Perry will bring her through the gauntlet financially for all that she cost the state. Said that if she hadn't been found guilty of misleading police officers, their hands would have been tied, but now they can essentially "charge" her for the whole case, even the portions she was found innocent for since they were brought upon by the same trial that she was found guilty in.
Finally some good news. Stick it to her state!

Old
07-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Changed my home screen on my iPad
Very nice PB! Changed the one on my iPhone but all it is, is the hockey stick with palm tree symbol. Looks cool too.

Old
07-08-2011, 11:42 AM
jol

Quote:
So state will "charge" her for all costs and she promptly files for bankruptcy (not sure if bankruptcy protects you from state, it wont protect you from IRS, for example)?

JOL

Old
07-09-2011, 08:32 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Have any of you read the OT thread on the Nucks board called "Ski resort under the sea proposal"? If you haven't, I highly recommend you do.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=357264

Old
07-13-2011, 03:53 PM
DerrtyPanther

Hello fellow die-hards

Hey guys,
Been reading these boards for umpteen years but im just a rly lazy person so I never took the time to post anything. I decided to get over that laziness cuz theres so many arguments id like to join in on. My personal favorite poster is definitely Markstrom Rules, always has solid info, none of that ‘’lets get stamkos’’ bullcrap. When he says it, its reliable, u can take it to the bank. That’s the kind of person I try to be. You guys be the judges hehe

A lil bit about me:

24 yr old Jewish dude who lives in Montreal. Hockey obsessed. Panthers die-hard since 93, I know just everything about them just as much or better than anybody on here. Currently working on opening a hockey website next year. I met or spoke to many and most of Panther players, prospects and staff. I actually drove to Kingston, Ontario (3 hour ride) about 3 months ago to watch Game 4 of the OHL playoffs just to meet Mr. Gud the Stud (Durocher was there but he was so garbage I didn’t wait for him to come out). Met him, had my Panthers jersey on (as u can tell in my avatar), spoke to him and everything.
Driving to St Jerome (20 mins outside of Montreal) this Sunday to go meet our boy Huby!! U know ill be all geared out too. I figured its too much not to share with ppl like u guys who cud definitely enjoy some of the info ive gathered over the yrs. If u guys don’t believe me I have tons of pics with Booth, Weiss, Vokoun and co when they came to Montreal.
Very very busy on Twitter with Panthers players, prospects, journalists and fans. If u wanna check me out there its @DerrtyDude

Anyways, i signed up to this cuz i wanna start talking with u guys about all things Panthers instead of just reading it. More fun for all of us. I look forward to have great discussions with all u wiseheads! Yes I already know most of u but ull get to know me.

PS: i cant emphasize enough how much u guys have made me proud over the years with all the passion. Always feels great to know ur not the only real Panther fan on earth lol

Old
07-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrtyPanther View Post
Hey guys,
Been reading these boards for umpteen years but im just a rly lazy person so I never took the time to post anything. I decided to get over that laziness cuz theres so many arguments id like to join in on. My personal favorite poster is definitely Markstrom Rules, always has solid info, none of that ‘’lets get stamkos’’ bullcrap. When he says it, its reliable, u can take it to the bank. That’s the kind of person I try to be. You guys be the judges hehe
I like you already!

What kind of website are you looking to start up?

Old
07-13-2011, 04:37 PM
DerrtyPanther

Quote:
I like you already!

What kind of website are you looking to start up?
Haha thx man...looking to open a full, complete, amazing hockey website...Got a bunch of ideas but itll only be up sometime in 2012. I breathe hockey so it shudnt be too hard for me. Internet programming on the other hand....lol

Old
07-14-2011, 07:13 AM
CzechPanther

Quote:
Haha thx man...looking to open a full, complete, amazing hockey website...Got a bunch of ideas but itll only be up sometime in 2012. I breathe hockey so it shudnt be too hard for me. Internet programming on the other hand....lol
If you want some ideas on getting into web development you should check out Drupal, its Open source and its what I've been working with this summer

Old
07-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
I wanna move back to Florida. Not for the weather, I hate hot but it's been around 90 here in Finland last two summer with some high humidity too. But at least Florida every place has air conditioning unlike here where were used to 65ish summers with a lot of rain. I'd love to come back to Florida but I take the job market ain't that bright there atm. The american culture is much more friendly and laid back than over here and I'm that kinda guy.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:
Hey guys,

A lil bit about me:

24 yr old Jewish dude who lives in Montreal. Hockey obsessed. Panthers die-hard since 93, I know just everything about them just as much or better than anybody on here. Currently working on opening a hockey website next year. I met or spoke to many and most of Panther players, prospects and staff. I actually drove to Kingston, Ontario (3 hour ride) about 3 months ago to watch Game 4 of the OHL playoffs just to meet Mr. Gud the Stud (Durocher was there but he was so garbage I didn’t wait for him to come out). Met him, had my Panthers jersey on (as u can tell in my avatar), spoke to him and everything.
Driving to St Jerome (20 mins outside of Montreal) this Sunday to go meet our boy Huby!! U know ill be all geared out too. I figured its too much not to share with ppl like u guys who cud definitely enjoy some of the info ive gathered over the yrs. If u guys don’t believe me I have tons of pics with Booth, Weiss, Vokoun and co when they came to Montreal.
Very very busy on Twitter with Panthers players, prospects, journalists and fans. If u wanna check me out there its @DerrtyDude

Anyways, i signed up to this cuz i wanna start talking with u guys about all things Panthers instead of just reading it. More fun for all of us. I look forward to have great discussions with all u wiseheads! Yes I already know most of u but ull get to know me.

PS: i cant emphasize enough how much u guys have made me proud over the years with all the passion. Always feels great to know ur not the only real Panther fan on earth lol
Hello from the local pessimist former over optimist Mogo Welcome aboard

Old
07-14-2011, 10:49 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechPanther View Post
If you want some ideas on getting into web development you should check out Drupal, its Open source and its what I've been working with this summer
I actually just installed Drupal yesterday. Do you know of any good video tutorials or lessons that are helpful for learning the program?

I'm a web/graphic designer that's in between jobs right now, so I figured Content Management Systems are definitely worth me learning since I see programs like Drupal, Wordpress, and Joomla on job requirements more and more as time goes on.

Old
07-14-2011, 10:51 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Hey guys,

A lil bit about me:

Welcome to the boards! Anyone who's a Panthers fan in Habs territory is automatically awesome in my mind

Old
07-14-2011, 11:09 AM
DerrtyPanther

Quote:
Awesome, dully noted thanks a lot bud!

Old
07-14-2011, 11:11 AM
DerrtyPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Welcome to the boards! Anyone who's a Panthers fan in Habs territory is automatically awesome in my mind
Haha you couldn't imagine what Ive been thru over the years here. Seriously, the only way u cud understand it wud be to live here lol its wild around these parts but trust me I **** on habs fans on a daily basis.

Thanks to all for the kind welcome messages, you guys are gems

Old
07-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Welcome aboard DerttyPanther!

Old
07-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Can't believe that ***** is going to get $1,000,000.00 just for 1 interview! How can someone give her that much money for murdering her child? It's not right! Some honest working people work their whole lives and don't see a million dollars in their lifetime and she's getting a million for killing her kid. It's just not right!

Old
07-15-2011, 07:01 AM
CzechPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I actually just installed Drupal yesterday. Do you know of any good video tutorials or lessons that are helpful for learning the program?

I'm a web/graphic designer that's in between jobs right now, so I figured Content Management Systems are definitely worth me learning since I see programs like Drupal, Wordpress, and Joomla on job requirements more and more as time goes on.
To be honest I hadn't done any web development before, I was looking for an internship and this was the only thing that related to computer science near where I lived.

I'm a few weeks into it, so far from an expert, but here's Drupals Tutorial page:

http://drupal.org/documentation/customization/tutorials

And I picked up a Drupal guide at the store to help. Drupal's forums and community in general are always willing to help as well

Old
07-15-2011, 11:02 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
To be honest I hadn't done any web development before, I was looking for an internship and this was the only thing that related to computer science near where I lived.

I'm a few weeks into it, so far from an expert, but here's Drupals Tutorial page:

http://drupal.org/documentation/customization/tutorials

And I picked up a Drupal guide at the store to help. Drupal's forums and community in general are always willing to help as well
Thanks for the link It seems like a very useful program and once I probably know what I'm doing with it, will be a fun program to use.

Old
07-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Gudbranson44

Hey guys,

So Im looking for some help and advice.
My story is that I have been studying hotel management for almost 3 years now, and I got an internship offer to work for a hotel in New Orleans (which I have accepted).
Since Ive only lived in sweden and spain in my life, Im looking for advice for where to look for apartments to rent, or possibly get in touch with people seeking a room mate or similar. Are there any good websites I should check you could recommend me?

Im also interested in getting a car when I get there, so I'd really apreciate if someone could help me out with websites for that too.

I apreciate all the help I can get, Im feeling a bit lost at the moment

thanks in advance

Old
07-21-2011, 04:11 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
Hey guys,

So Im looking for some help and advice.
My story is that I have been studying hotel management for almost 3 years now, and I got an internship offer to work for a hotel in New Orleans (which I have accepted).
Since Ive only lived in sweden and spain in my life, Im looking for advice for where to look for apartments to rent, or possibly get in touch with people seeking a room mate or similar. Are there any good websites I should check you could recommend me?

Im also interested in getting a car when I get there, so I'd really apreciate if someone could help me out with websites for that too.

I apreciate all the help I can get, Im feeling a bit lost at the moment

thanks in advance
Congrats,

roommates.com or craigslist.com for housing

new or used?

cars.com

There are a lot of car sites so it's hard to suggest one. If you have a better idea of what you're looking for and budget, I might be able to give you a better idea of where to look.

Old
07-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Congrats,

roommates.com or craigslist.com for housing

new or used?

cars.com

There are a lot of car sites so it's hard to suggest one. If you have a better idea of what you're looking for and budget, I might be able to give you a better idea of where to look.
im looking for a used car, just able to get me from point a to b really.. my budget for the car is pretty low, Im looking to spend approx $2000-$3000 on it.. I just dont want to get ripped off you know, I am looking for a site/company with good reputation and fair prices.

thanks for the housing help though! Ill definately look moore deeply into those sites!

Old
07-24-2011, 12:33 PM
RainingRats

You might want to look into leasing a car for under 200 a month. You should be able to find something. The used car market is more expensive than ever and with a lease you wont be on the hook for repairs.

Old
07-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Stay far away from leases. My parents are insurance agents, they've not seen one lease go well.

Save up what you can, you can buy a pretty decent vehicle for $2-3000. You'll also get your money back for the most part when you're ready to sell. A great book for everyone is Dave Ramsey's 'Total Money Makeover.' Wish I'd read it in my early twenties, would saved my self a ton of money, and headaches. I should be debt free by the end of the year, except for my car, which won't be too far behind.

You should also be able to find a room for rent at a cheap rate on Craigs. If you don't mind renting a room from someone, it could be a great way not to spend a ton on a place.

07-24-2011, 12:57 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Stay far away from leases. My parents are insurance agents, they've not seen one lease go well.

Save up what you can, you can buy a pretty decent vehicle for $2-3000. You'll also get your money back for the most part when you're ready to sell. A great book for everyone is Dave Ramsey's 'Total Money Makeover.' Wish I'd read it in my early twenties, would saved my self a ton of money, and headaches. I should be debt free by the end of the year, except for my car, which won't be too far behind.

You should also be able to find a room for rent at a cheap rate on Craigs. If you don't mind renting a room from someone, it could be a great way not to spend a ton on a place.
Cars are depreciating assets, not investments. I don't know what insurance agents have to do with leases but if your budget is 2-3K he can pay out 200 a month for a brand new reliable car that he will not be on the hook for any repairs. There are no decent cars for 2-3K and he risks being on the hook for a repair which is going to happen. He may not even have to pay maintenance with a lease. I agree a used car can be a better option, just not at this price point. Even maintenance will be more expensive. New brakes pads and rotors could easily cost 25% of the purchase price.

Closed Thread