vCash: 500
Conny Strömberg suspended

What exactly did he get suspended for?

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Hybbe

"Disciplinary reasons". Your guess is as good as any.

Hybbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
For using the name Conny.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 04:17 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
For using the name Conny.
why? it's a real nordic name.

never heard of conny the viking, a famous king? no? well, maybe his story got lost over the years.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Ribban

I wish ÖHK went out with an official story to kill some of the rumours that are now circulating.

Lots of ppl in Örebro are still sore about the financial debacle that old ÖIK cost the tax payers, which is why hockey has a tougher time with the fans than for example ÖSK, the soccer club. Histology is also not in ÖHK's favor as Örebro is an old soccer and bandy town.

A little bit better marketing and PR thinking overall wouldn't hurt the club.
These kinds of headlines are exactly what hockey in Örebro can't afford.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Burgs

The same Strömberg who played for Weiden a couple years ago? Cornelia? Hmm... can you get suspended for diving in Sweden?

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 02:09 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
A little bit better marketing and PR thinking overall wouldn't hurt the club.
These kinds of headlines are exactly what hockey in Örebro can't afford.
while i agree that this stuff is definitely not helpful by any means, overall i think ÖHK is on a good way.
the boost of örebro län's "success" the past 2 years, the J18 back in elit where they already showed that they won't be cannon fodder at least. the success in allsvenskan is pretty nice and to make it even better, henrik warman and max lalander are two kids who are already close to the team, getting preseason games and some season games too. when was the last time ÖHK had similar success with their teams? i remember the days with gunnarsson and axelsson as kids. but that's what? 8-9 years ago? and in between they played against beer league teams in D1.

if people only focus on the negative things like stromberg, they don't pay enough attention IMO.

that being said, time to bump our beloved örebro thread?

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
while i agree that this stuff is definitely not helpful by any means, overall i think ÖHK is on a good way.
the boost of örebro län's "success" the past 2 years, the J18 back in elit where they already showed that they won't be cannon fodder at least. the success in allsvenskan is pretty nice and to make it even better, henrik warman and max lalander are two kids who are already close to the team, getting preseason games and some season games too. when was the last time ÖHK had similar success with their teams? i remember the days with gunnarsson and axelsson as kids. but that's what? 8-9 years ago? and in between they played against beer league teams in D1.

if people only focus on the negative things like stromberg, they don't pay enough attention IMO.

that being said, time to bump our beloved örebro thread?
While I agree with you, there is no denying that tonight's attendance was still only 1,376. I understand that they are renovating Behrn arena, and when we were there this summer and checked out ÖHK - Mora in the pre-season, the venue was what it was. I also know that Örebro is having a slight soccer fever, as ÖSK is close to qualify for European Cup play. However, ÖHK is against all experts's predictions undefeated and on top of the HA, so I think one should expect a little bit more community excitement and spectators, but there is still a lot of bitterness among people and community representatives that the club will need to overcome, IMO.

Five straight now. 2-1 over Almtuna and still on top of the HA.

Bumping the Örebro thread?! LOL... Well, somehow the Ö-thread got some people all bent out of shape... I think you better do it being that you are the moderator!

Last edited by Ribban: 09-29-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Forgot tonight's score.
Old
09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
joe89

Rumours say some sort of physical abuse or alcohol related.

Take this one for what it's worth: http://na.se/sporten/ishockey/1.9654...for-misshandel

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Rumours say some sort of physical abuse or alcohol related.

Take this one for what it's worth: http://na.se/sporten/ishockey/1.9654...for-misshandel
That's not it though. The timing of that story was unfortunate for Conny. But, that situation had nothing to do with Örebro or Strömberg. That's soneone else, and that particular situation has been semi well known in the Örebro area for a while actually. I think "Mozart" also comments about the article and dismisses any ties to Örebro on the home page.

http://www.orebrohockey.se/News.asp?NewsId=272

Old
10-01-2010, 10:37 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
That's not it though. The timing of that story was unfortunate for Conny. But, that situation had nothing to do with Örebro or Strömberg. That's soneone else, and that particular situation has been semi well known in the Örebro area for a while actually. I think "Mozart" also comments about the article and dismisses any ties to Örebro on the home page.

http://www.orebrohockey.se/News.asp?NewsId=272
Yeah, saw this later aswell. Seems to be something that happened the past weekend and not earlier. This is exactly why they should make a statement about the incident.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote