HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

How would you like your Opening Day roster?

Old
09-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Tranq

vCash: 500
if Santo makes the team then it means Grabner will be cut and Bitz, Peters will be healthy scratches.

so...
Booth-Weiss-Frolik
Reino-Matthias-Bernier
Higgins-Santo-Stillman
Olesz-Resoner-Dvorak

Peters Bitz

Tranq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 05:12 PM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post
if Santo makes the team then it means Grabner will be cut and Bitz, Peters will be healthy scratches.

so...
Booth-Weiss-Frolik
Reino-Matthias-Bernier
Higgins-Santo-Stillman
Olesz-Resoner-Dvorak

Peters Bitz
I'd switch 2nd and 3rd line with each other, otherwise that looks pretty much like it now considering the Santo news.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 05:22 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranq View Post

so...
Booth-Weiss-Frolik
Reino-Matthias-Bernier
Higgins-Santo-Stillman
Olesz-Resoner-Dvorak

Peters Bitz
I'd rather trade Reino now and put Grabner in the lineup. I don't want Reinprecht blocking a prospect like Grabner from getting NHL experience. Reino is clearly not in our future, and it's only a matter of when with regards to whether he will be moved. Santorelli and Matthias make him expendable as I'd rather have either of them centering the 3rd line over him.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=821275&page=9

DeBoer supposedly said on NHL Radio that Gud, as expected, will likely get the 9 game tryout. Post 216.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Looking at the lines, i was wondering... we haven't played Garrison much in the preseason, right? Any reason for that? Or am i making stuff up?
He's played in at least 2 games.

Old
09-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=821275&page=9

DeBoer supposedly said on NHL Radio that Gud, as expected, will likely get the 9 game tryout. Post 216.
Gotta get that contract going....

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Interesting to see that according to GR, the Panthers will carry 23 players (the max allowed by the NHL) to start:
Quote:
-- The Panthers made seven cuts to their roster on Monday night and are currently at 29 players. Florida is expected to carry the full allotment of 23 players to start the season. Players who are waived would have to clear before the Panthers submit their opening night roster to the league on Wednesday.
Source: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...d-center-.html

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 06:35 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Interesting to see that according to GR, the Panthers will carry 23 players (the max allowed by the NHL) to start:

Source: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...d-center-.html
Pfft, what the heck do you even know Coolburn?

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
Pfft, what the heck do you even know Coolburn?
Yeah who was it that said a few days ago during the Montreal game that FL was going to carry 23 guys. I just wish I could remember

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 08:30 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Yeah who was it that said a few days ago during the Montreal game that FL was going to carry 23 guys. I just wish I could remember
Nobody likes a showoff.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
I'm pretty sure stillman and reino are going to moved this year.. for prospects..

if you look whats on the ice we need a healthy dose of speed..smarts and grit..

i would def. take olesz out..buy him out or trade for a hotdog or some nachos..or some ketchup packets.. (if i'm lucky)..something.. even if he improves this season and starts putting up numbers.. we can use that as bait to move him.. he needs to be another team.. i DOUBT that hes going to put up any good numbers this year..but i hope he plays well so we can trade him..

but i feel like grabs might be sent down.. for a bit...i like his speed and i think hes going to replace devo in the long run..but if you look at our team.. we have alot of speed players that dont provide much aggression and contact....booth.weiss..devo..grabs..higgins..rein o..

If you remember our games last year we play by stickchecking the CRAP out of the team.. i mean look at the bruins.. their lineup.. nice balance of hittters... and speed players..if you remember the Montreal game.. you saw how we played their game.. and their forecheck was really awesome..strong- aggressive....they made us make so many botchy passes..and intimidated us..we end up dumping the puck on the boards and chase it for scoring chances.. and it reminded me of how we played last year..

so with bitz..benier..mcardel and (hopefully) santos.. we can start being a more contact/aggressive team..make our scorers score and make our grinders GRIND..

i really would like to see benier step it up.. i think he's a perfect player for a 4th/3rd third spot.. just because as of late hes been hitting throwing his body around and his type of goals are the dirty rebounds, smack the stick against the goalies pad till the light and horn blare up....which we need.. last - last season we almost had enough points to crack a spot in the playoffs because of the point shots and dirty goals we made...but i get him being on the weiss line.. he provides them that grit..and intimidation..

i like pb1300 forward line up.. and i like his defense.. but i think guds going back to the juniors.. his conditioning worries me and he does not look too smooth on the ice....i love his tenacity and his frame.. going to be a freakin tank when he earns some more time..

ehh maybe he can change my mind .. kuli started to really pick up after he got more mins..
We couldn't even get that.

Old
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
ursavolta

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Who all is looking to realistically make this team? I'd imagine Callahan will not be, Grabner and Guds will like be slowly worked in, Weaver's a solid defenseman, what's that mean for Paetsch, where will Bitz, McArdle, Dvorak, Olesz, Grabner, Peters, etc. all fit?

Realistically, with everyone still up with a realistic chance to make the team, what are we looking at?

10-02-2010, 11:23 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Who all is looking to realistically make this team? I'd imagine Callahan will not be, Grabner and Guds will like be slowly worked in, Weaver's a solid defenseman, what's that mean for Paetsch, where will Bitz, McArdle, Dvorak, Olesz, Grabner, Peters, etc. all fit?

Realistically, with everyone still up with a realistic chance to make the team, what are we looking at?
Right off the bat, Callahan and Peters are going down. Gudbranson is most likely staying for at least the 9 games, so that pushes Ellerby down as well. I can't see Paetsch getting sent down since he would be basically worthless in Rochester. He wouldn't be able to play.

Bitz, McArdle and Grabner fighting for the last forward spot. Could go to either of them.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 11:29 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
I pray everyday that Bitz doesn't go to Roch.

He's super important on our 4th line.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Erick

Quote:

Paetsch will definitely be a healthy scratch. He's the 7th D man who can also play forward. Another Montador; I highly doubt he doesn't stay with the Panthers.

Dvorak and Olesz are locks to make the team. Grabner, we all know about his contract situation, so he likely makes the team.

Grabner's contract means there's likely no spot for Bitz. Bitz likely to Rochester. McArdle & Peters are definitely going to Rochester.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Paetsch will definitely be a healthy scratch. He's the 7th D man who can also play forward. Another Montador; I highly doubt he doesn't stay with the Panthers.

Dvorak and Olesz are locks to make the team. Grabner, we all know about his contract situation, so he likely makes the team.

Grabner's contract means there's likely no spot for Bitz. Bitz likely to Rochester. McArdle & Peters are definitely going to Rochester.
I'm aware Olesz, Dvo, and Paetsch stay up and make the team, buddy, but where do they wind up? And I don't think it's definite Bitz and McArdle wind up in the A, though, I think Grabs does stay up. Was looking for line combos and get some realistic viewpoints as to who will and who won't be on the team.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
I'm aware Olesz, Dvo, and Paetsch stay up and make the team, buddy, but where do they wind up? And I don't think it's definite Bitz and McArdle wind up in the A, though, I think Grabs does stay up. Was looking for line combos and get some realistic viewpoints as to who will and who won't be on the team.
If Gud starts with Panthers, and Grabs stays up which he will, and Paestch stays as #7-8 D/extra F, then Bitz and McArdle have to go to Rochester. My view...

top line(we know who)
Higgins-Matthias-Stillman
Reino-Santo-Olesz
Dvo-Reasoner-Bernier
Grabner

Caber-Kulikov
Allen-Wideman
Garrison-Gud(goes down after 9 games)
Weaver(bumps up after 9 games)
Paestch

Old
10-02-2010, 06:01 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
If Gud starts with Panthers, and Grabs stays up which he will, and Paestch stays as #7-8 D/extra F, then Bitz and McArdle have to go to Rochester. My view...

top line(we know who)
Higgins-Matthias-Stillman
Reino-Santo-Olesz
Dvo-Reasoner-Bernier
Grabner

Caber-Kulikov
Allen-Wideman
Garrison-Gud(goes down after 9 games)
Weaver(bumps up after 9 games)
Paestch
IMO Garrison will be a healthy scratch on D before Weaver will. Also, it will be nice to have a 4th line capable of creating some offense and also shutting down other teams defensively.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
IMO Garrison will be a healthy scratch on D before Weaver will. Also, it will be nice to have a 4th line capable of creating some offense and also shutting down other teams defensively.
Garrison has 2 goals in preseason and has looked great, better than Weaver and Gud. No chance he's scratched.

Old
10-04-2010, 04:52 PM
ales83fan

What are you guys thinking?

Does Santorelli make your squad? Or no....

lol I asked the same a week ago about Grabner, and most definitely got the wrong answer.

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
What are you guys thinking?

Does Santorelli make your squad? Or no....

lol I asked the same a week ago about Grabner, and most definitely got the wrong answer.
Officially he has and so far he's the 2nd line center.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 08:57 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Did mcardle make the squad?

zetterberg40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Don't know, we'll find out tomorrow morning I guess. It's between him and Bitz for the last spot.

Old
10-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Still don't know yet, they have 2 more guys to cut still.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote