HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado and New Jersey Idea

Old
09-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Dr Grant

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Not a chance.

Dr Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Puckclektr

I normally enjoy what Jason has to say. I just want to know who hijacked his account.

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Dump Clarkson for a 4th? No ****ing way.

Rob Nieds work ethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Devils fans are over exaggerating Clarkson's worth. He is an overpaid 3rd/4th liner who has been given every opportunity to put up points on PP units and with decent players. I would say he is worth a 2nd round pick by himself then Salvador brings it down. Maybe a 3rd was a little closer to the proper price but 5.56 million for a bottom pair defensmen who very soon will be near useless and a 3rd liner has to be near negative value.

David Clarkson is overpaid by nearly a million dollars, why fans love him and not Zubrus is beyond me. Zubrus is ten times the overall player Clarkson is.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Freudian
Calmer than you are

vCash: 50
It is a bit weird seeing them call the proposal "brutal". With the situation Lou is in which means he has to sell at a discount and the non-(perhaps even negative)value of Salvador, if this proposal is brutal the true value of Clarkson has to be more than a 1st rounder.

But I guess fan favorites have a sentimental value that fans would like to see realized if the player is traded.

Agree about Zubrus. His versatility and size makes him quite useful to most teams around the league. He is, like Clarkson, a bit overpaid but not to the degree that it is a big problem.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 02:11 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

I'd rather just send Salvador to the minors.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Timzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Devils fans are over exaggerating Clarkson's worth. He is an overpaid 3rd/4th liner who has been given every opportunity to put up points on PP units and with decent players. I would say he is worth a 2nd round pick by himself then Salvador brings it down. Maybe a 3rd was a little closer to the proper price but 5.56 million for a bottom pair defensmen who very soon will be near useless and a 3rd liner has to be near negative value.

David Clarkson is overpaid by nearly a million dollars, why fans love him and not Zubrus is beyond me. Zubrus is ten times the overall player Clarkson is.
Clarkson reminds me of a young Randy McKay.... nice player, can score, and is gritty..... Zubrus has that grit to his game too, and better hands,.... but Clarkson is younger and passionate enough to change the tempo of the game.... he'll fight, he'll fire guys up.... I really do love zubrus and really want to see him stay, but that shouldn't take anything away from clarkson, who is developing quite nicely.

Timzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
It is a bit weird seeing them call the proposal "brutal". With the situation Lou is in which means he has to sell at a discount and the non-(perhaps even negative)value of Salvador, if this proposal is brutal the true value of Clarkson has to be more than a 1st rounder.

But I guess fan favorites have a sentimental value that fans would like to see realized if the player is traded.

Agree about Zubrus. His versatility and size makes him quite useful to most teams around the league. He is, like Clarkson, a bit overpaid but not to the degree that it is a big problem.
The same people who call it brutal are the ones who can't wait to see Taormina, Urbom and Corrente all make the Devils roster (3 rookies) along with Josefson up front. That's two 19 year olds on top of that. Fan Boys to the extreme. I understand Lou doesn't want to give away picks and prospects to move a player. I hope by now he is realizing Clarkson has not improved in the last three years and his hockey sense is just as bad. He still isn't a strong skater, still doesn't hit and still doesn't go to the net.

Old
09-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I'd rather just send Salvador to the minors.
Lou, as a fiscal man, probably wouldn't like to eat nearly 3 more million when he just payed a fine of 3 million and will have to pay Kovalchuk his front loaded contract. This isn't monopoly money.

Old
09-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timzey View Post
Clarkson reminds me of a young Randy McKay.... nice player, can score, and is gritty..... Zubrus has that grit to his game too, and better hands,.... but Clarkson is younger and passionate enough to change the tempo of the game.... he'll fight, he'll fire guys up.... I really do love zubrus and really want to see him stay, but that shouldn't take anything away from clarkson, who is developing quite nicely.
Randy McKay could hit, would go to the net and was capable of making a 10 foot pass. Clarkson is now 26 and his progression curve is not all that positive.

Old
09-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

David Clarkson:
09-10 ES TOI 12:04 PP TOI 2:22 SH TOI 0:00
08-09 ES TOI 10:30 PP TOI 1:31 SH TOI 0:01
07-08 ES TOI 11:27 PP TOI 0:33 SH TOI 0:00

The only progression to his game is because we are destroying our 2nd unit PP sacrificing minutes to him. Without PP time, he is a 30 point 3rd liner at best.

Old
09-29-2010, 02:39 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I agree Clarkson is exagerrated, but given the fact his departure is highly unlikely, who do you expect to fill the void? There will be at LEAST 2 rookies making the team.

also our 1st and 2nd pp units are going to be our first 2 lines.

Last edited by GM17*: 09-29-2010 at 02:45 PM.
GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluske View Post
I agree Clarkson is exagerrated, but given the fact his departure is highly unlikely, who do you expect to fill the void? There will be at LEAST 2 rookies making the team.

also our 1st and 2nd pp units are going to be our first 2 lines.
We still have too many forwards...we could send Josefson down to the minors if we truly wanted:

Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Arnott-Langenbrunner
Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov(should be 3rd line)
Pelley-Mair-PLL

My favorite team is..
Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Arnott-Zubrus
Zharkov-Josefson-Langenbrunner
Rolston-Mair-meh

When Zubrus is playing he essentially makes it 4 on 4 in the offensive zone. Arnott and Elias working the left side would be fairly dangerous.

Old
09-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Mgd31

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
no way. never in a million years. clarkson is far more valuable to this team than zubrus, IMO.
No he's not

Mgd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 03:13 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
We still have too many forwards...we could send Josefson down to the minors if we truly wanted:

Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Pelley-Mair-PLL

My favorite team is..
Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Arnott-Zubrus
Rolston-Mair-meh

When Zubrus is playing he essentially makes it 4 on 4 in the offensive zone. Arnott and Elias working the left side would be fairly dangerous.
I think that zubrus + Rolston together would mean that White + Salvador are gone on D, which would surely be replaced by Urbom and either Corrente or Taormina

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluske View Post
I think that zubrus + Rolston together would mean that White + Salvador are gone on D, which would surely be replaced by Urbom and either Corrente or Taormina
Well Clarkson and Salvador would be more then enough to get well under the cap. On top of that Clarkson is a fairly long term deal so that makes it easier to fit Parise and Greene to new deals.

Old
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
asian mailman

Quote:

Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Pelley-Mair-PLL

My favorite team is..
Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Arnott-Zubrus
Rolston-Mair-meh

I believe zharkov was sent to the minors

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Roger...bany/106/30436

asian mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 03:25 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I know we're in no position to be picky, but I would not do that.
You're not in a position to be picky.

However, this should not even be among your slim choices...

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 03:32 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Lou, as a fiscal man, probably wouldn't like to eat nearly 3 more million when he just payed a fine of 3 million and will have to pay Kovalchuk his front loaded contract. This isn't monopoly money.
Lou paid Mogilny's $3.5M to have him sit on his couch in Russia while he was "injured".

Like I said before, Kovalchuk is a $100M investment by Jeff Vanderbeek, the Devils will gladly eat $3M in dead salary to see Kovy hit the ice.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 04:03 PM
asian mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Lou paid Mogilny's $3.5M to have him sit on his couch in Russia while he was "injured".

Like I said before, Kovalchuk is a $100M investment by Jeff Vanderbeek, the Devils will gladly eat $3M in dead salary to see Kovy hit the ice.
agreed when u throw in a 100m , your gonna throw in another 3 if it means helping u long term

Old
09-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian mailman View Post
I believe zharkov was sent to the minors

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Roger...bany/106/30436
He will be back up, you can almost certainly count on that.

Old
09-29-2010, 04:39 PM
asian mailman

Quote:
He will be back up, you can almost certainly count on that.
yup at some point

Old
09-29-2010, 06:03 PM
King Henrique
ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ǝnbıɹuǝɥ

No way, we don't have many options at this point, but this shouldn't even be considered.

King Henrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by parise4mvp View Post
No way, we don't have many options at this point, but this shouldn't even be considered.
Give me a few reasons why? We are paying 2.66 million per year for a one dimensional low hockey sense 3rd liner who has 2 points in 20 playoff games.

Old
09-29-2010, 07:15 PM
King Henrique
ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ǝnbıɹuǝɥ

Quote:
Give me a few reasons why? We are paying 2.66 million per year for a one dimensional low hockey sense 3rd liner who has 2 points in 20 playoff games.
Why would we basically throw away a player that we just resigned, for a 4th round pick? He is one of the only players we have who is willing to drop the gloves and defend a teammate, he can score, he is gritty, he is capable of throwing some decent hits, he has pretty good size, he is aggressive, he brings energy to the team....all the things that we don't have enough of.

King Henrique is offline   Reply With Quote