Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Abbotsford Heat 2010-2011 Season Thread

Old
02-13-2011, 01:50 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Speaking of points......I swear I have never seen a team have so many no assist/1 assist goals. For a good strech there they rarely had two guys getting an assist on a goal.
I don't cruise the Net for stats, but it would be interesting to see if there was a team that had fewer assists for the amount of goals scored.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:14 PM
flames123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I don't think he will... I think Erixon instantly draws in ahead of him... and unless Erixon is ready to play top 4 then I don't see there being room for Brodie unless the Flames are going to risk an all rookie bottom pairing
I am going to hope that we have a Pardy-Erixon bottom pairing next year. imo Erixon is ready. Watching him at the WJ's he is a very mature player and a professional already. He knows his strengths plays a smart game. Hope he makes it.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:41 PM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
I am going to hope that we have a Pardy-Erixon bottom pairing next year. imo Erixon is ready. Watching him at the WJ's he is a very mature player and a professional already. He knows his strengths plays a smart game. Hope he makes it.
Hopefully Pardy can recover from these shoulder problems, as I have really like his play as of late. Once a guy I used to be semi-afraid every time he was on the ice, is now a solid 4-5th d men. I think Brodie is definitely coming up to next year, I dunno if the team will resign Mikkelson, whose a RFA

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
Hopefully Pardy can recover from these shoulder problems, as I have really like his play as of late. Once a guy I used to be semi-afraid every time he was on the ice, is now a solid 4-5th d men. I think Brodie is definitely coming up to next year, I dunno if the team will resign Mikkelson, whose a RFA
R. Regehr J. Bouwmeester

M. Giordano C. Sarich

A. Pardy T. Erixon/T. Brodie

7th: B. Mikkelson

Personally I'd like to see us resign The Anton, but basing on the current length of contracts, we only have space for one of Erixon or Brodie to come up. Even if we were to move Sarich or Regher, we lose a lot of physicality on the blueline that neither Erixon or Brodie makes up.

I apologize for any spelling errors.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Heat assign Meyers, Grantham & Cameron to ECHL:

Quote:
The Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League, in conjunction with the Calgary Flames (NHL), has today assigned defenseman Josh Meyers and forward Ryley Grantham to the Utah Grizzlies of the ECHL. Forward Bryan Cameron has been assigned to the Victoria Salmon Kings of the ECHL.

Heat sign Ryan MacMurchy to PTO:

Quote:
The Abbotsford Heat also announce this morning the signing of forward Ryan MacMurchy to a Professional Tryout (PTO). MacMurchy, 27, from Regina, SK, has played in Victoria with the Salmon Kings of the ECHL this season, posting 16 goals and adding 17 assists for 33 points in 39 games. MacMurchy has also spent time in the AHL with the Springfield Falcons and the Peoria Rivermen.

http://www.abbotsfordheat.com/ViewAr...CLID=205102871

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Lunatik*

Cameron has bust written all over him, horrible signing from day 1

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:55 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
How was it horrible and What was the downside?

His spot is taken by a 27 year old ECHL player signed on a PTO, I fail to see how giving this kid a shot was a terrible idea.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:42 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Horrible because we shouldn't be taking chances on former 150+ goal scorers in junior?
Sure he was a long shot, but I'm all for taking some chances on kids with a record of scoring goals. Not horrible at all.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
Horrible because we shouldn't be taking chances on former 150+ goal scorers in junior?
Sure he was a long shot, but I'm all for taking some chances on kids with a record of scoring goals. Not horrible at all.
horrible because he wasn't offered an ELC by LA, horrible because he can't play physical, horrible because he went to the Jason Allison school of skating, horrible because he has the heart of a tin man, the hockey IQ of a scarecrow and the courage of the cowardly lion going into the corners

maybe it wouldnt be so bad if they signed him for closer to the minimum.. but Sutter gave him a contract bigger than Mitch Wahl

Old
02-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
horrible because he wasn't offered an ELC by LA, horrible because he can't play physical, horrible because he went to the Jason Allison school of skating, horrible because he has the heart of a tin man, the hockey IQ of a scarecrow and the courage of the cowardly lion going into the corners

maybe it wouldnt be so bad if they signed him for closer to the minimum.. but Sutter gave him a contract bigger than Mitch Wahl
I saw an interview with Ron Sutter that was done by Sportsnet on Flames this Week. He said that some kids have all the tools, but some of them just can't figure it out. He said that you can tell them what they have to do to make it, but they are the ones that need to figure it out. He said that some have it upstairs, and some of them don't and that is something that you cannot teach. I have a strong feeling that Cameron is one of "those" players that Sutter was talking about.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:18 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I saw an interview with Ron Sutter that was done by Sportsnet on Flames this Week. He said that some kids have all the tools, but some of them just can't figure it out. He said that you can tell them what they have to do to make it, but they are the ones that need to figure it out. He said that some have it upstairs, and some of them don't and that is something that you cannot teach. I have a strong feeling that Cameron is one of "those" players that Sutter was talking about.
except Cameron only has 1 tool, that being his shot

Old
02-27-2011, 01:27 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Heat with a 6-2 win over the Providence Bruins last night.

Stefan Meyer: 3g, 1a, +2

Ales Kotalik: 4a, +3

Old
02-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Heat with a 6-2 win over the Providence Bruins last night.

Stefan Meyer: 3g, 1a, +2

Ales Kotalik: 4a, +3
that gives Kotalik 10 assists in 11 games... although he still doesn't have a goal... i'm curious how many of his goalsare from creating rebounds since he is averaging almost 5 shots a game

Old
03-02-2011, 12:54 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
that gives Kotalik 10 assists in 11 games... although he still doesn't have a goal... i'm curious how many of his goalsare from creating rebounds since he is averaging almost 5 shots a game

Kotalik with 2g and a +3 in the Heat's 5-3 win over the Texas Stars last night.

Old
03-02-2011, 01:08 PM
FLAMESFAN

The scary part is if he may even challenge for the scoring lead on the team! I can't believe that Matt Keith is leading with only 30 points

Old
03-20-2011, 02:05 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Heat with a 2-0 home win over the Hamilton Bulldogs yesterday.

Goals from Nemisz and Patterson.

Lamoureux with the W.

Old
03-20-2011, 02:41 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Heat with a 2-0 home win over the Hamilton Bulldogs yesterday.

Goals from Nemisz and Patterson.

Lamoureux with the W.
I think Irving was hurt the night before. He played only 20 mins on Friday, and the Heat brought in another temp back up for Saturday's game. Hopefully not hurt too bad.
The Heat also brought up a former leaf pick in Tyler Ruegseger from Utah. Not sure why Hugo Carpentier didn't get the look as his stats look good on Utah, and he knows the team pretty good.....

Old
03-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Feel The Heat

#17 Pelech has been suspended for 2 games. Here is the hit at the 30 sec mark. http://youtu.be/vtp3Kjdcytk

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:56 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
I think Irving was hurt the night before. He played only 20 mins on Friday, and the Heat brought in another temp back up for Saturday's game. Hopefully not hurt too bad.
The Heat also brought up a former leaf pick in Tyler Ruegseger from Utah. Not sure why Hugo Carpentier didn't get the look as his stats look good on Utah, and he knows the team pretty good.....
What? Carpentier is a centerman

Old
04-02-2011, 08:46 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Don't follow the AHL much but when did Keith Seabrook become a Moose?

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 08:50 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
Don't follow the AHL much but when did Keith Seabrook become a Moose?

Seabrook was loaned to the Moose.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:54 PM
FLAMESFAN

Stone had the best game of a Heat member all year putting up 2G & 3 A, while Irving posted his 3rd SO in 4 games (8 on the year) as the Heat win 6-0.
Heat still have little chance at making the post season though....

Old
04-11-2011, 10:19 AM
FLAMESFAN

Heat get shut out for their last 2 games of the year. Sunday's game Joni Ortio played his first NA pro action, letting in 6 goals. Marvin and Bennett also both got in the lineup. Hopefully these guys can all contribute next year.
Pretty brutal that the Heat leading scorer ends up with 35 points. That has to be some sort of record......

Old
04-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Heat get shut out for their last 2 games of the year. Sunday's game Joni Ortio played his first NA pro action, letting in 6 goals. Marvin and Bennett also both got in the lineup. Hopefully these guys can all contribute next year.
Pretty brutal that the Heat leading scorer ends up with 35 points. That has to be some sort of record......
That makes me have to agree with HF's ranking having the Flames prospects last overall. Although I do think that will change somewhat over the next 2 seasons.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Roadrage

Quote:
That's less then a 0.5 PPG average . I seriously hope the Flames actually look at drafting a little more outside of Western Canada and take some chances on players who may be smaller but very skilled and quick. I'm tired of looking at the scouting reports and seeing "...Responsible defensively but limited offensive potential..."

I can't see a 0.5 PPG player in the AHL doing anything equal or better in the NHL.

Roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote